Profile for P. M. Ramnora > Reviews

Content by P. M. Ramnora

P. M. Ramnora "pramgoat" (UK, London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Salter EK2002 1000W Nutri Pro Super Charged Multi-Purpose Nutrient Extractor Blender with 1L Capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars A SPLENDID blending machine/mixer; so simple to both set up/and, use; serve your own 'yogurt-like' drinks in merely seconds., 25 Mar. 2016
Unfortunately, I must confess to being extremely 'lazy' whenever it comes to having to both 'prepare/cook' food, properly; instead, I tend to snack an awful lot eating just 'instant foods' such as sweets/biscuits/crisps/coke/-etc.; all of which I'm very deeply AWARE is most exceedingly 'unhealthy'...bad for your skin/teeth/-etc,!

When I, repeatedly, saw the advert on TV stating that this Nutra Pro mixer could make 'healthy' drinks; and, also, extremely fast...all over and done with in less than a minute; then, I decided why not give it a try...? If it succeeds in teaching me how to eat 'healthy'...and, furthermore, how to KEEP ON eating 'healthy'...then, whatever money spent would prove to be a very highly worthwhile long-term investment.

The Nutra Pro mixer machine comes in 3 parts(I assembled it without needing to read through any instructions...; though, it does come with it's own instruction booklet):-

1> A base unit/with plug attached (plug into the electrical mains socket)
2> A clear plastic cup(into which you pour all of your ingredients)
3> A combination lid/mixer (which screws on top of the cup...you invert both the lid/clear plastic cup down onto the base...then, press firmly downwards, and, the machine motor does it's work).

(NOTE: There are 2 separate plastic cups/together with 4 lids also being included inside of the whole package; 2 lids come with a hole you can place a straw into/the other 2 lids are solid flat - used for storage.)

As soon as the package came; I opened it up/washed it/assembled it/then, very eagerly proceeded to go 'test' it out. The first drink I made was...using ingredients which I already had available on hand...into the clear plastic cup I poured in...

1> A handful of Almonds/Cashew Nuts
2> 1 x large -peeled- banana
3> 3 x strawberries
4> Half a pint of 'unsweetened' Soya Bean Milk
(one adds some liquid drink in order to mix it all up with)

I inverted it/then, pushed the bottom of the clear plastic cup downwards for around 20 seconds; releasing my grip when I saw the machine had gone and produced a perfectly smooth paste...which was 'yogurt' like in texture. It tasted really delightful, too; with all ingredients being both 'pure and fresh'...after having been made 'instantly' on the spot. (Unlike a lot of old supermarket stuff which, quite often, has been lying around there for endless days and days...?!)

Cleaning the equipment was amazingly fast, too. Just run the kitchen hot water pipe over it for a minute; while, at the same time, giving it a quick wipe over with a sponge; suddenly, the equipment looks like being all brand 'new', again!

Had the process been a lot more complex than that...; I might just have put it down in a 'hidden' corner somewhere; and, just never tried using it any further; but, because the process is so quick, simple, straight forwards, easy; therefore, I left the machine being constantly plugged in.

Right now, all I'm thinking is...what other drinks will I be able to make...? Instead, of using 'unsweetened' Soya Bean Milk/I could have tried using the 'sweetened' variety; or, I could have tried using Fruit Juice/or, just pure drinking water/I could even try SuperMalt to mix the ingredients with/what if I had decided to pour in there a drop or two of sweet wine/-etc. Alternatively, I could try leaving out the drinks part of the equation, altogether; and, just use plain fruit...as most fruits do already contain they own juices. Instead, of a fruit based drink; I could try making a veg based drink: guava/eggs/tomato/cucumber/beetroot/carrots/-etc. It really is a case of, I can now try making 'any' flavour drink that my imagination is capable of coming up with...???

Too, if I ever have any visitors drop by; then, it will be something 'fun' to show them; and, to further 'experiment' with using. ;-)

Honestly, I've no regrets about having gone and made this purchase; indeed, if anything I should have brought it far sooner rather than later; because, I'm sure, 'in healthy eating terms'...my diet will have much improved.

Watteau: Le Roi De Rococo (Taschen Basic Art Series)
Watteau: Le Roi De Rococo (Taschen Basic Art Series)
by Iris Lauterbach

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce Watteau book! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015
Nice Watteau book! ;-)

Floating Cities
Floating Cities
by Stephen Wiltshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Very GOOD book! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Floating Cities (Hardcover)
Very good book! ;-)

NEW STYLE UNISEX SILICONE RUBBER JELLY WRIST WATCH WITH DATE FOR BOYS GIRLS GIFT (royal blue)
Offered by L&L (UK seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015

Zebra Expandz Ballpen
Zebra Expandz Ballpen
Offered by OMGHOWCHEAP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very GOOD pen! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015
Zebra Expandz pens are great; especially, if your pockets are small! ;-)

Tiger sticky memo notes neon block pad 3x3" 450 sheets like post-it x 1 pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book; very interesting! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015
Interesting book! ;-)

Dore's London
Dore's London

5.0 out of 5 stars Gustav Dore illustrations are, really and truly, EXCELLENT! ;-), 4 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dore's London (Kindle Edition)
GOOD book!