Profile for dexta123 > Reviews

Content by dexta123

dexta123 "dexta123"

Page: 1 | 2
Bingo-uk 11 LED Plastic Hands Free Clip On Cap Hat Light Head Torch Outdoor Light for Fishing Camping Walking Working Jogging
Offered by Bingo-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great torch. Worth every penny, 22 Nov 2014
Great torch.Worth every penny.

Great British Cooking - Love Food
Great British Cooking - Love Food
by Parragon Books

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought this book in Morrisons supermarket a few years ago and yeah its a great book. As a single man I find this ..., 22 Nov 2014
Cracking book. I actually bought this book in Morrisons supermarket a few years ago and yeah its a great book.As a single man I find this book easy to read and follow,there are a few pages on the history of British cooking and a short introduction to each recipe. The recipes are easy to follow with no ponsie ingredients just straight forward instructions to make good grub.

The quality of the book is excellent although my book has a different photo on the cover.

SECRET RIVERS
SECRET RIVERS
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 11 April 2014
This review is from: SECRET RIVERS (DVD)
Well I bought this DVD and I have watched it almost every night for three months.I watch a little bit each night with a cup of tea and I find it very relaxing and informative.

Windscreen Scratch Repair, Glass Scratch Remover DIY kit, Polish Glass and Remove Deeper Scratches (for use with electric drill)
Offered by Glass Polish Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 11 April 2014
I bought this kit to try to remove the scratches on 3 windows of a 60 year old Landrover and its done a great job.
The windows had an accumulation of scratches ranging from deep dog claw marks to wiper marks and thousands of minor scratches.
It was a very slow process and to do the inside and outside of my windows took three days so lots of patience is required.
Obviously on a sixty year old vehicle new windows are no longer available so I was really pleased this kit did such a good job.
If you follow the instructions and be patient then this product is great,also there was plenty of product in the kit to remove a heck of a lot of scratches.

Ring Automotive RS1 12V Portable Shower
Ring Automotive RS1 12V Portable Shower

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent., 6 Jan 2014
I bought this shower when my house electric shower broke down.I use a reducer to lower the 240 volt socket down to 12 volt and get a shower which although no power shower is good enough for its purpose.I would say if your using it with its own battery then place the water container a few feet of the ground to let gravity help increase the water pressure.I, don,t know if it will last for ever but ,I,ll certainly buy another if it ever breaks down.

Narrow Margins - a laugh-out-loud book about life on the waterways (Narrow Boat Books 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read., 6 Jan 2014
Yeah,I read this book in about 4 sittings and found it easy to follow and would certainly recommend it.I like the fact that although pushed into this way of life by circumstance,the author has done something different while still young.So many people leave the good fun until after retirement or to late.I also note the extensive use of cups of tea by the author.So I recommend you buy this book, make your self a cup of tea and enjoy a good read.

Touring Caravans (Shire album) (Shire Library)
Touring Caravans (Shire album) (Shire Library)
by Jon Pressnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages., 6 Jan 2014
This really is a cracking little book,only 32 pages long but lots of good information.As other reviewers say, the period photos are great and there is plenty of reading as well.Worth every penny!

Juggernaut Drivers
Juggernaut Drivers
by Leslie Purdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Juggernaut Drivers (Paperback)
Yeah another good book,after reading Truckers North,Truckers South by the same author I decided to purchase this offering and I,ve not been disappointed. Although fictional the story sounds so familiar and I,ve enjoyed reading every bit of it.

Truckers North Truckers South
Truckers North Truckers South
by Leslie Purdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Although the book is fiction it could easily be real, 26 Nov 2013
What a cracking little book. Although the book is fiction it could easily be real.I,m not a transport driver myself but I,m a classic commercial vehicle owner/enthusiast and reading this book provides a real sense of nostalgia and although I,m to young to remember the vehicles on the road I,ve heard plenty of stories from old timers,all similar tales to those in this book.

Its great to sit down with a pot of tea reading this book and being transported back to a time of camaraderie and a sense of better days.
Only wish I,d bought the book years ago!

Singer Sewing Book
Singer Sewing Book
by Jessie Hutton

4.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this book, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Singer Sewing Book (Hardcover)
Really pleased with this book,I bought it to go with my 1951 sewing machine.From a mans point of view a lot of the book is dedicated to dressmaking so not relevant,but the book also includes sections on the basics,like how fabric is made,how to hand sew and how to do repairs
Also there is enough info on setting up my old sewing machine.Worth every penny.(actually it only cost a penny).Certainly worth a lot more.

Page: 1 | 2