Profile for Peter P > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder KA079
Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder KA079

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well great value fit money, 8 Feb 2014
I bought this as an addition to two buben & zorweg "Time Mover" watch boxes which were very pricey. Whilst you can't compare the case quality this has outlasted the flashy expensive ones which have both broken down. The Tutelary winder keeps going. It isn't as noisy as people seem to think either. In terms of value for money this certainly hasn't disappointed.

Back to Baking: 200 Timeless Recipes to Bake, Share, and Enjoy
Back to Baking: 200 Timeless Recipes to Bake, Share, and Enjoy
by Anna Olson

1.0 out of 5 stars Good book but where are the recipes from the tv show?, 8 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed the tv show with a different skill levels for each category e.g., choux pastry but the recipes are different so after a long wait I'm a bit disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 7:35 PM BST

Brabantia Retro Bin 20-Litre with Plastic Inner Bucket - Almond
Brabantia Retro Bin 20-Litre with Plastic Inner Bucket - Almond

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, flimsy and defective, 8 Feb 2014
Brabantia priducts are usually good but this bin is flimsy, the lid is too big for the bin and it doesn't fit properly. The liner code on the amazon images is different to what is in the bin! Very disappointed.

Lloytron 2pc Remote Controlled Sockets A1210WH
Lloytron 2pc Remote Controlled Sockets A1210WH
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Effective - Highly Rated, 5 Feb 2014
I have at least four sets of these which control the sockets for lamps, a wireless music system and tvs/dvd players in a number of rooms. We have them on our bedside lamps so that if one of us falls asleep the other can turn off the other's light - sounds silly but it happens all the time. I've bought extra sets to get additional remote controls as in bedrooms it's good to have a remote on either side of the bed. These have never let me down you can keep adding to them. The remotes and devices are easy to set up. If you could buy extra components rather than a full set that would be great but they are not too expensive so buying the whole set isn't too big a deal.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design and easy installation - life of unit for the price is diappointing., 5 Feb 2014
I am a sucker fo rdesign and technology so when I saw this in store I wanted it. I like the less agressive promts, the ability to connect several detectors so that if an alarm in one part of the house is triggered it warns you in another part or via the phone app. Despite being a rather large unit it's not obtrusive and the night light feature is also really useful. We have patchy wifi in the house and have a booster, the nest managed to connect easily and we've only had one drop out so far. Otherwise the green light has been visible every night telling us that all is OK. A bit alaring that a few people have had so many false alarms - so far we've had none.

My only negatives is the price, it's a costly piece of kit and in time I hope they will be more accessible but it has a luxury price tag on it which goes against the grain a bit as it is a safety device. As the smoke alarm only lasts 7 years and they advise you to repalce it with a new one - I hope nest will have a replace programme at a reduced price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 8:45 PM GMT

1 Roll of Savoy Disposable Piping Bags - 100 20" Bags
1 Roll of Savoy Disposable Piping Bags - 100 20" Bags
Offered by Sugarhut

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 July 2013
This product had mixed reviews but for the price I took a punt and was very pleased. The bags are bigger than ones you get in mainstream cook shops and they're robust enough for everyday piping. I do make biscuits that usually pop the nozzle out of any disposae piping bag but double these up for anything very heavy and they're fine.

The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
by Ina Garten

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a winner Ina, 25 Jun 2013
I enjoyed the tv series and liked quite a few of the dishes that were prepare on the show so I bought the book. All the recipes I liked on the show weren't in the book so I downloaded them from the food network. It's an ok cook book but not as inspiring as I'd hoped and it should t be named after the tv series if the recipes on the show aren't in it. I could have saved my money and just downloaded the recipes from the Internet which I did. This one went to the charity store.

On a separate point if foreign cooks are airing their programs in other countries when they release an accompanying book in another country the republish should include conversion guides and list alternative local products e.g., a stick of butter and koshering salt

26 Large Alphabet Cutters
26 Large Alphabet Cutters
Offered by Harts Of Stur

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, 25 Jun 2013
These are good quality cutters but I'm not happy with the shape of the letters, they are slightly bulbous and don't produce clean, straight edged biscuits. That's really my only beef, otherwise they're good quality. Getting them back in the box is a bit of a challenge.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Offered by Active Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 25 Jun 2013
My partner was given a pair of these by work during the bad weather last winter. I tried them and ordered a pair straight away. They're easy to use, store and they work. I usually wear water resistant timberland boots when it snows and they're great on fresh snow but not good on compacted icy snow. This is when these really come into their own, clip them on and away you go, snow, ice...no problem. I keep a pair in the car too. Highly recommended. I'll be interested to see how they stand up next year after a year in the box.

Imperia Italian Twelve Hole Ravioli Mould Tray and Rolling Pin
Imperia Italian Twelve Hole Ravioli Mould Tray and Rolling Pin

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality, easy to use., 25 Jun 2013
When I was in Sicily last year my Aunty was making ravioli for her restaurant, she and the ladies in the kitchen were cranking out decent sized ravioli very quickly and easily using these moulds. We had them for dinner and they tasted great too but that's down to aunty's recipe.

When I got back to the UK I ordered two and since have used them a lot. I still use the single stamp but thee moulds are quicker if your making a large batch. The depth of the 'pocket' provides a good ratio for filling to pasta, I have the imperia auto ravioli roller for the pasta machine and they make decent ravioli but they're smaller and the filling capacity is not great.

Highly recommended, they're good enough fur home and light commercial use and my Aunty endorses them who'd argue with a Sicilian mama who's a great cook.

Page: 1 | 2