Profile for Elizabeth Jeffery > Reviews

Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes
Offered by WowDiscounts
Price: 58.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This machine is useless!, 2 April 2014
I cannot agree with other comments that this machine is efficient. This has not been my experience. I have had the machine for 4 months now and made about 25 loaves in it, using different flours and various settings. Only one has come out OK! I previously had a Panasonic and always got good loaves from that. It eventually got too old, and when I moved away, I retired it and bought this one. So I am used to making bread in a bread-maker. I follow the instructions carefully - I measure carefully and to put the ingredients in in the correct order - but I always get the same problems. The loaves are not cooked on the top, are too pale (even on the dark setting) and often are raggy on the top. I have other complaints too:
The instruction book has minimal information at best and too few recipes
The instruction book is printed wrongly in places
The largest size loaf recommend in the instruction book is too large for the machine to cope with (it hit the top, then collapsed and flowed over the sides of the pan, making it difficult to remove. After that, I only bake medium loaves. These fill the pan.
The displays (small arrows) for the size and colour settings are difficult to see
The display buttons are cheap and tacky

I have emailed Russell Hobbs on 2 occasions and received the automated reply that they will answer me within 10 working days. One occasion was 3 months ago and one was one month ago. I have had no replies at all!
I would like to return the machine but don't have the packaging any more (I threw it away as I was confident it would be efficient - like my old machine!). I think I have tried it often enough now and am giving up. So it's going in the dustbin!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 11:12 AM BST

100 Ways for Every Girl to Look and Feel Fantastic
100 Ways for Every Girl to Look and Feel Fantastic
by Alice Hart-Davis
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beauty and fashion tips for teenage girls, 27 Mar 2013
This book provided just what I was looking for to give my 12-year-old granddaughter. She is just beginning to show and interest in beauty and fashion and this book gives sensible and helpful advice for girls in their early teens.

Oxford Children's History of the World
Oxford Children's History of the World
by Neil Grant

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Children's History of the world, 27 Mar 2013
This book was exactly what I was looking for to give my 9-year old grandson. He has shown an interest in history and this was just the right level for him for now and for the next few years.

Bridge for Beginners
Bridge for Beginners
by Victor Mollo

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridge for Beginners, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bridge for Beginners (Paperback)
I was very pleased to be able to track down a copy of this old book. It arrived on time and the condition was very good, as advertised. This book still provides the clearest and easiest to understand description of the bidding and play of bridge that I have ever read.