ARRAY(0xfef7018)

Profile for notretiredyet > Reviews

Content by notretiredyet

notretiredyet

Page: 1 | 2
The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 25 (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 25 (Mammoth Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these collections, 22 April 2013
Am halfway through and haven't yet come across many stories that make me pug the book down afterwards because of the satisfaction the story gave me, which is a common event for me while reading these, but still a good collection

MISS TERRY
MISS TERRY

3.0 out of 5 stars This one didnt do it for me, 22 April 2013
This review is from: MISS TERRY (Kindle Edition)
I'm a great fan of Lisa Cody but I really didn't really rate this one - I found it hard to take the heroine's apparent complete inability to judge people and the second bit of danger at the end - cant be too specific for fear of spoilers!

The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 24 (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 24 (Mammoth Books)
by Gardner Dozois

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these collections and this is no exception., 19 Jan 2013
If you are a short story sci fi fan these are for you. Be aware that they are the same books as collections published in the US under a different name.

Price & Kensington Rockingham Brown 2 Cup Teapot
Price & Kensington Rockingham Brown 2 Cup Teapot
Offered by Family Care

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic small brown betty teapot, 19 Jan 2013
has a nice glaze and is the right size fir me. Pours well unless some tealves get stuck in the spout. Will buy this make again

Kitchen Craft Plastic Lettuce & Tomato Knife
Kitchen Craft Plastic Lettuce & Tomato Knife
Offered by millstones

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential item, 31 Dec 2012
I bought this to replace my original plastic lettuce knife that my husband somehow managed to snap. This is effective though I find it a bit large hence the 4 stars rather than 5. Useful in baking too as can use it to separate the cakes from the tins without scratching the tin.

Propet W3840 Ladies Laced Machine Washable Walker
Propet W3840 Ladies Laced Machine Washable Walker
Offered by Whelan Footwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the most comfortabe shoes in the world, 31 Dec 2012
This is ny second pair and I'd been looking to replace my original Propet walkers for some time as they are quite hard to get in the UK.I have a wide foot and appreciate the fact that Propet shoes are made in a variety of widths. The best thing, though, is how they are padded underfoot and round the ankle. They are light and I can walk miles in them. Not necessari;y the most elegant shoes in the world but the same can be said about all trainers and walking shoes.

Diana Comet and Other Improbable Stories
Diana Comet and Other Improbable Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Need to treat this as a novel not short stories, 31 Dec 2012
This kept me entertained enough and as I begun to see how it al fitted together started to enjoy it. It still seems a farly slight piece of whimsy with a sub text about tolerance and kindness but some images have remained with me - I read it some time ago - while many other books just dont stick.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the others, 31 Dec 2012
In lots of ways I found this quite realistic about the imapact of war and exploitation and found the fragile hope of the ending satisfying. It gripped me as well as the earlier two books and I read it more or less strainght through.

L'Oréal Paris Elnett Flexible-extra Hairspray  200ml
L'Oréal Paris Elnett Flexible-extra Hairspray 200ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a relief not to have to search through the shops, 25 Dec 2012
Elnett is a traditional staple and this is a small light tin of hairspray that does the job. Also arrived promptly and saves me having to go an look for it!

Spirella Max Light Bamboo Waste Bin Wood Light Brown Height 24.5 cm x Width 19 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely small bin, 25 Dec 2012
Attractive,well made and arrived promptly. be warned though - it is really quite small. Good for me though as it doesnt take up alot of room- sits neatly under a small side tabel- and I dotn accumulate large amounts of rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2