Profile for Bob Merck > Reviews

Bob Merck (Essex UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ryobi RLT26CDS 26cc Petrol Line Trimmer
Ryobi RLT26CDS 26cc Petrol Line Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Ryobi Line Trimmer - not a good buy, or was I unlucky?, 16 Nov. 2015
What can one say? It looks good, feels good, not too heavy but the unit I had wouldn't fire, let alone start! After having assembled and disassembled the unit I had to send it back to Amazon, who made a very prompt refund. As far as I was concerned it was a waste of time and would have nothing more to do with RYOBI. I have had several petrol line trimmers in the past, so my lack of success with this model cannot be put down to insufficient experience

Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers
Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Z213 - not bad for the price!, 16 Nov. 2015
I wanted a cheap audio system for a spare computer, so naturally didn't expect something at this price to please an audiophile! The Logitech Z213 was easy to set up and does the job reasonably well. One should be warned that when unpacking the speakers be careful not to put one's fingers through the diaphragm's, as they are not protected. As one would expect with an audio system at this price, the sound is a bit tinny to say the least. However, after passing the signal through an equaliser to cut down the higher frequencies and increase the lower frequencies, the output was much improved and I am generally pleased with the unit. If one doesn't have an audio program with a built in equaliser, the VLC free program can be downloaded from the Internet, it is also useful for its editing effects and playing video. Under the above circumstances I would recommend this audio system for general use.

7dayshop Clip-On Double Headed LED Reading Light - Perfect for AMAZON KINDLE / TRADITIONAL BOOKS / LAPTOP USE / MAP READING / MUSIC STANDS ETC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., 25 July 2011
I bought this unit to clip onto the stage of a microscope in order to view specimens by reflected light. The lights are bright with even illumination and easily manoeuvrable. Along with others, I found it difficult to replace the battery cover but managed it after a bit of fiddling. Each light is individually switched and there is a socket for a 4.5volt input. The unit came in a box without instructions and with my poor eyesight I didn't see the switches on the back of the lights and consequently first thought I had received a dud! However, compared to others on the market this represents very good value and I would recommend it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product-just one gripe!, 7 Jun. 2011
Setting up was quick and easy using the very comprehensive manual that came with the recorder. The recordings are of excellent quality and the machine is easy to use once one has digested the instructions, which appear a little complicated at first. Being an OAP, my sight is not what it used to be and both my wife and I found the text boxes difficult to read from our viewing positions. It would have been nice to have had bold black text on a white background instead of the less contrasty font used. Apart from that, I would thoroughly recommend this machine for its performance and good value for money.

Omron MX2 Digital Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron MX2 Digital Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Omron MX2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor, 24 Mar. 2011
I have had the Omron MX2 blood pressure monitor for about three weeks and used it frequently. I can't stress enough how important it is to read and follow the instructions implicitly, otherwise readings cannot be relied upon. The instrument's readings compare favourably with those of the GP's equipment when measured side-by-side. It is important to realise that one is unlikely to get two consecutive results exactly the same as one's blood pressure is constantly changing, slightly differing readings are normal and not a fault of the instrument. I can fully recommend the Omron as a reliable and easy to use blood pressure monitor.

Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s SDHC Card 8GB - Retail Pack
Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s SDHC Card 8GB - Retail Pack
Offered by Alivo

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Ultra 8GB Card, 20 Sept. 2010
This card is fine, I use it for general photography where perhaps speed is not quite so important but it is certainly fast enough for me! It is excellent value for money and I would recommend it to anyone.

Canon Digital IXUS 100 IS Digital Camera - Silver (12.1 MP, 3.0x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Digital IXUS 100 Camera, 14 Aug. 2010
I have been using digital cameras for some years and have a Nikon single lens reflex, which I am very pleased with but is bulky to carry around. Since purchasing the Canon IXUS 100 camera for my wife, I find it so good for general photography, I no longer take the Nikon when we go on holiday. Images will easily print up to A3 size and compare favourably with those produced by the Nikon. The camera is extremely small and easily pocketable but obviously not quite so versatile as a more professional camera. It produces sharp, naturally coloured images when used in the "Auto" mode, most of the time and makes it ideal for my wife who just wants to "point and shoot" without being bothered with any technical details. I would suggest one should read the instructions carefully if not familiar with digital cameras since it is possible to set the camera to produce lower quality images in order to save memory and thus get more pictures on the memory card. I did read one review that suggested this camera was ideal for video and not the best for still pictures, I think it possible the owner had not set the camera to take the best quality pictures. I would recommend this camera but do buy a memory card with a large memory capacity (4GB or more)if you want to make high-quality large prints.

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - 31B, Series 3, Contour, Flex XP, Flex Integral - 5000/6000 Series - Black
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter, 14 Aug. 2010
What can one say about a replacement foil and cutter? The Braun replacement is not cheap but does last a long time and does a good job. I would recommend when buying an electric razor to purchase one with a single cutter and foil, far better than all those fancy "three head" jobs and similar complicated cutting heads, which don't seem to shave nearly so close in my opinion.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Aramis aftershave lotion, 14 Aug. 2010
I have been using Aramis aftershave for many years but was disappointed with my latest purchase of a 200ml lotion in a plastic bottle. It may be me, but the fragrance doesn't seem to last, certainly not like it used to. I won't be purchasing it again. Previously, many folk remarked upon the nice perfume, hours after I applied the aftershave but not now.

Premium Electronic Sudoku Touch Screen LCD Game with Large Display, Backlight & 2 Million Puzzles

1.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Sudoku Touch Screen Game - Not fit for purpose!, 14 Jan. 2010
Very disappointed with this game, unless the unit I received was faulty, the screen was extremely difficult to read and one certainly couldn't concentrate on it for long. I personally wouldn't recommend this product, however, it does have a few good reviews, which puzzles me.

Page: 1 | 2