Profile for Javics > Reviews

Content by Javics

Javics (Scotland)

Show Story 20 Colors Removable Flower Ankle Strap Bride Wedding Sandals Shoes,SM33101
Offered by show-story-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 12 Dec. 2014
Beautiful shoes BUT the buckle looks nothing like the image. On the strap with the buckle holes there is a buckle attached to the holes and on the other strap, where the buckle should be, there is a hook. I can hook the hook onto the buckle but it looks terrible and I doubt it will stay secure for long. Also as I lifted the shoes out of the box one of the bows fell off.
Amazing speed of delivery though. Arrived a full week earlier than the earliest estimate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 10:43 PM GMT

Athabasca
Athabasca

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Athabasca (Kindle Edition)
I love Alistair MacLean's style. Sure some of it's a bit dated now but that just goes along with the time it's set in.

This is a typical MacLean nail-biter and I was hooked from the start. I won't go into great detail about the story, I'm sure others can say it better, but I will just say if you like a thriller and don't get upset if no one owns a mobile phone (because they haven't been invented yet) then you should read this. Lots of mystery on the oilfields of Canada and Alaska, and maybe a little flirting... Great stuff.

58mm Graduated Color Filter Kit Set for Canon EOS70D 60D 700D 650D 1100D 1000D 600D 50D 550D 1DX 5D Mark 5D2 5D3 6D 7D 70D 60D 700D 650D 1100D 1000D 600D 50D 550D 500D 40D 30D 350D 400D 450D 30D 10D LF140
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Sept. 2013
I'm very pleased with these. I'm a complete amateur so I can't comment on whether or not someone with a lot of skill and knowledge would make use of them but I really like the effects they give, especially when you stack them. Would definitely recommend.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 27 Sept. 2013
Don't buy. It's less than half this price in Argos.
I'm only typing this to meet the minimum word number.

Some Day I'll Find You
Some Day I'll Find You

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 4 Sept. 2013
The novel starts well and has a nice gentle style to the prose but, as other reviewers have commented, the whole business with the change of names is just nonsense. It's intriguing because it appears to be a plot device that hints at something that's going to be important later on, but it turns out to be of no relevance and had no business making it through the first draft.

Sadly much of the book reads like a first draft. Anyone who was filled with suspense and thought James was getting more and more evil really needs to get out more. He's a poorly written cliche.

There were neither surprising nor interesting twists in this. It looks like some editor has thought "It's got Richard Madely's name on it - it'll sell no matter what". I only read this because my book club were reading it but I'd probably have tried it anyway. Especially with the slightly misleading quotes from the press about what a great writer Madely is. Sadly none of those quotes refer to this book.

It's ok. It passes the time. But honestly I'd have had more enjoyment playing I Spy with myself.

The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook: Quick and Easy Recipes for Delicious Low-fat Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Desserts
by Nancy S. Hughes

2.0 out of 5 stars Aaaarghh!, 14 Aug. 2006
This book seemed to be exactly what I was looking for - a recipe book that would count calories for me and not lecture me on how to eat. The recipes sound wonderful, everything from tomato grits, to pizza quiche to cherry crumble - and that's just the breakfasts!

Hang on - _Grits???_ Yep, that's right, this book is so American it doesn't even have a UK price on the cover. Fine for novels, but hopeless if trying to buy ingredients. Anyone know where I can get a 10-ounce can of refrigerated pizza crust dough, or a 16-ounce can of pitted sour cherries?

Sadly, although this book is an excellent idea and has a huge variety of recipes to suit all palates (I really do want cherry crumble for breakfast), until a UK version is published I would not recommend buying this in the UK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2010 10:41 PM BST