Profile for Mary Neville > Reviews

Content by Mary Neville

Mary Neville "MaryCN"

Page: 1 | 2
Helen Dillon's Garden Book [The is the UK version of the US title Down to Earth with Helen Dillon]
by Helen Dillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 16 May 2014
I first borrowed this book from the library. I found it fabulous. I decided to take notes. Bad idea! There was just so much nuggets of information that I wised up and realized to buy it. .Now I have it and I know it will be a book that I will refer to again and again. This one will not be loaned to anyone. Buy it while it is still available.

The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)
The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)

3.0 out of 5 stars A short Read, 16 May 2014
This book did not quite meet my expectations. It is light hearted but there was no new information in it.

Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)
Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Read, 16 May 2014
This is the first book that I read by this author. It will not be my last. If you want want a good read this is the book for you. I highly recommend it.

Views from a Cruise ~ Solo around the World (Solo Travel Chronicles Book 2)
Views from a Cruise ~ Solo around the World (Solo Travel Chronicles Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A light Read, 16 May 2014
I really enjoyed his book. I knew nothing about cruising so I thought this would be a good place to start! I was particularly impressed with the way the author sold all, or almost all, and bought a round the world ticket. It proved a memorable experience for the author and I was with her all the way in my own home. The book held my interest as I read the happenings and activities from day to day on the ship. It never got repetitive. We got the inside story on the passengers and crew. Oh, that was interesting! Another reason why I was interested in reading this work was because the author traveled on her own. I also travel solo. This book is well worth a read and I recommend it.

[ THE RAPE OF NANKING THE FORGOTTEN HOLOCAUST OF WORLD WAR II BY CHANG, IRIS](AUTHOR)PAPERBACK
by Iris Chang

5.0 out of 5 stars The World Shoud Never Forget., 29 April 2014
Why did I never hear of this until I paid a visit to China? I heard it from other members of our tour. who had read this book. Oddly our Chinese tour guide did not mention it even when we visited areas where atrocities had taken place. Is it too fresh in the memory and painful to be revisited?
The book is a "must read." It is essential for the world to know the depth to which humanity can sink. Civilization is very shallow indeed.
The book is well researched, easy to read and just the right length. I highly recommend it.

Jake Fonko M.I.A.
Jake Fonko M.I.A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Jake Fonko M.I.A. (Kindle Edition)
This book,set in war zone, was a light read.I would certainly read another book in this series. Highly recommended.and entertaining.

Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery & Cafe
Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery & Cafe
by Joanne Chang

4.0 out of 5 stars This could be a Text Book for a Home Baker, 5 Sep 2013
This is a serious book but I have to study it. I have not used any of the recipes yet and that is why I am giving 4 stars. I simply don't know but I am impressed. Obviously the author knows her baking.

American Pie: Irresistable Recipes for Fillings and Crusts from Four Generations of Champion Pie Bakers
by Teresa Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the Point, 5 Sep 2013
I choose this rating because you get all the information you could ever need clearly, and concisely. There is no need to keep searching and reading to find the answer to a question that may crop up. IT IS ALL HERE. Simple, small, and easily understood. It is big enough to stay opened at your choice of page while you are baking. Yes, a basic book but you will never need another one. You know the lack of coloured pictures ensures you concentrate on the recipe itself. After all that is what you want. I recommend it.

Jim Fobel's Old-fashioned Baking Book: Recipes from an American Childhood
Jim Fobel's Old-fashioned Baking Book: Recipes from an American Childhood
by Jim Fobel

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Jim!, 5 Sep 2013
I bought this book because I was looking for some delicious recipes for baking. I knew they would be old so when I saw Jim's book I stopped looking. The glances we get into the author's family are fascinating. It is a pleasure to browse and pick a recipe. I am happy to recommend this book.

Cooking from Quilt Country: Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens
Cooking from Quilt Country: Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens
by Marcia Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure of a Book, 5 Sep 2013
If you are looking for good farmer's home cooking, you will find it here. These recipes are sound. The book itself just brings you to another time and place that many of us remember from childhood. It is a book for all of us who have no contact with the Amish although I am sure The Amish may find it a handy way of keeping good recipes together. Yes, buy this book before it becomes unavailable. It is a keeper.

Page: 1 | 2