Profile for mma hogan > Reviews

mma hogan

Za'atar Spice Blend Standard Jar 50g Zatar , Zaatar
Za'atar Spice Blend Standard Jar 50g Zatar , Zaatar

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 19 Jun 2013
Considering you can buy 10x the zatar for a similar price from another seller on amazon, I assumed I had made a mistake. Ended up buying both and this tastes exactly the same as the homemade stuff I remember eating in a then blissful Syria a few years ago. The cheaper stuff tastes like sawdust.

Gelert Tryfan Classic 300DL Sleeping Bag Dark Moss - Right Zip
Gelert Tryfan Classic 300DL Sleeping Bag Dark Moss - Right Zip

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, zipper broke 1st night, 2 April 2011
Brought this last minute as a better sleeping bag I ordered did not arrive in time for a trip to Dartmoor.
I wasnt expecting much for the price, but it still let me down. Outside temp was 2C, inside the tollarance zone of the bag, but it offered little warmth. Compared to other bags I've used it was very cramped (I'm 6'3, 15st), def not suitable for a big guy. After adjusting the zip once, the top came off in my hands and the whole thing failed. At this stage it was pitch black so I couldnt improvise an alternative so suffered through a very cold night. Suitable only for Spring / Summer casual use by a smaller person. Have since brought a Snugpak.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2012 5:29 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, 2 April 2011
I have had these for about a month now and have no regrets. Very comfortable, extremly grippy and light weight. Some other reviews have noted that they give no grip on wet surfaces, I have not noticed this and have gone pretty hard on them (3 day wild camping in Dartmoor, wet factory floor at work, etc). They are not waterproof, but the reduction in weight compared to a hiking boot is usually worth the tradeoff. As with most Nikes I've owned, the soles started to squeek after they first got wet, but this is eaisly fixed by removing the insole and spraying some WD40 or GT85.