Profile for Nick_s > Reviews

Teenage Dirtbags
Teenage Dirtbags
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well chosen tracks!, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Teenage Dirtbags (Audio CD)
The CD is incredible! The CD that was missing in all the shelfs... All these tracks remind me of my high school days! specially songs/bands like
- Sum 41
- Funeral For A Friend
- Blink 182
- Good Charlotte
- Fall Out Boy

Temper Temper (Deluxe Version)
Temper Temper (Deluxe Version)
Offered by Entertainment Direct
Price: 5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the good old BFMV?, 15 Feb 2013
Seriously...I don't know where to start! I am a huge BFMV fan and have followed them since the days of The Poison which is in my opinion the best album they have ever done!
It's just... it's like they didn't put any effort on this. The singles were bloody awful! (basic riffs, easy drums, Matt's lyrics could have been writen by a 7 year old girl and no technicality whatsoever!). In spite of this disappointment I was still waiting for the tables to turn arround but I was greeted by an amount of tracks that add nothing new. This sounds like a worse "Fever" part2. Idk, it's like they rushed this album for some reason. Matt lyrics are awful, specially for a band that has high responsabilities since they are probably the face of the new metal generation...I speak for myself...I was expecting much more.
Some good guitar solos, but doesn't fit the songs at all! And let's not forget Tears Don't Fall part2! "Let's go again"??? It made me laugh, and I don't see what was the necessity for creating a "PART 2" for the legendary song that is Tears Dont Fall.
If you love the band like me support them, go to the shows, buy t-shirts and merchandise. I am a REAL Bullet fan but even real fans feel they need to say that this isn't the right way for BFMV. I won't buy this album. Sorry guys, this sounds like a begginer band...Bullet For My Valentine are so much better than this.

The Blackening
The Blackening
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure GOLD, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Blackening (Audio CD)
Deffinately one of the best metal albums out there...simply incredible!
I can't stop spinning the tunes over and over again. The bands work is splendid, and sounds even better live!

Opposites [2CD+DVD]
Opposites [2CD+DVD]
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars They're back!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Opposites [2CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
one word defines this: Great ... well the single's good, but the overall work is kinda bland...i know they could have made this so much better...it's like they didn't put much effort in it. Sounds ok to me, but not their best. One of the best bands of the UK deliver a good album, nice vocals, interesting lyrics but nothing spetacular in my opinion...

Signals
Signals
Price: 9.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Signals (Audio CD)
Deffenately a great album! great instrumental work, good vocals, just some songs that I think don't fit the album that well... Deffenately worth buying though ;)

Conduit
Conduit
Offered by FLASH
Price: 5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars ' Funeral For A Friend might not be the most known band in the world but they are returning as being one of the best ', 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Conduit (Audio CD)
Very impressive... quite probably their most heavy & most technical record yet. It's fast paced and agressive while always keeping the melody. It relates to the early years of 'Seven Ways To Scream Your Name' EP or even 'Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation'.
The new drummer Pat Lundy (former 'Rise To Remain') along with bassist Richard deliver some of the best work the band has ever made, and in adition with guitarrists FFAF deliver the most powerful breakdowns in years.
The huge melodic chorus that are a constant on every Funeral For A Friend album are present, being ''Nails'', ''Spine'' and ''Best Friends And Hospital Beds'' the most representative.
Sounds like a very lively record which will certainly be very welcomed by the audience at a live show.

Heavy, agressive, melodic, technical, and the heart and soul of the band remains. Very good indeed

Welcome Home Armagedon
Welcome Home Armagedon
Offered by FLASH
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Epic album, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Welcome Home Armagedon (Audio CD)
I didn't know this band until I heard the preview of the tracks. I was so blown away that I decided to buy this album. Then I listened to all their 5 albums and trust me: Welcome Home Armageddon is one of the band's best album if not the best.
It's clear to everyone that, instrumentally, this is the most complete record the band has ever made. It's heavy and it has catchy chorus ,unclean vocals and crazy guitar riffs. They are a very talented band, without a doubt.
I would highly recommend this album to those who enjoy post-hardcore, punk and metal. Absolutely amazing.