Profile for Lone Eagle. > Reviews

Content by Lone Eagle.

Lone Eagle.

Cooks Professional Premium Deluxe 8-in-1 Electric Multi Cooker 5 Litre Capacity - 1300 Watts. (White)
Offered by CLIFFORD JAMES

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for purpose., 18 May 2014
I live alone and do all cooking myself. Also am in my 90's and need simple ways of doing things. Most of my cooking is done by grill and oven functions.
Thought the cooker with its large cooking area would be ideal for cooking the small quantities I use all at once.
It wasn't..even after 20/30 minutes,plus warming up time of 10 mins, food wasn't nearly cooked. Tried cooker 3 times - all same result.
On reflection also realised 'boil function ' hadnt worked when I did inintial cleaning of pan - simmered, yes.

Sorry, and a pity. I thought it would simplify my life,

Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life
Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life
by Karen Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life by Karen Armstrong, 8 Feb 2011
This lady is one very well read and thoughtful writer. I am quite ancient, and reasonably well acquainted with the English language but I still needed a dictionary now and then!! Although I must confess this book is not as bad as her book about the Bible - she delights in using a hard word, when a soft one would do as well!

That said, this is one very readable book full of human down to earth problems that afflict us all, largely in our relationships with others. Analyses of these problems,discussion of solutions, and suggestions for improvement.

I thoroughly recommend it as an easy, thoughtful read, the sort where you read a page and then put the book down and spend the following half hour dreamily applying it to ones own life.

It makes one think anew.