Profile for avid reader > Reviews

Mrs. Hemingway
Mrs. Hemingway
by Naomi Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Mrs. Hemingway (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely brilliant book.Easy to read but gives an insight into Ernest Hemingways life .Made me want to know more !

Rick Steves Istanbul
Rick Steves Istanbul
by Aran

5.0 out of 5 stars Rick Steve's guides are brilliant. Easy to read and very informative and helpful, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Rick Steves Istanbul (Paperback)
Rick Steve's guides are brilliant.Easy to read and very informative and helpful.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
Good but I eventually found it a little too long winded!

Arguably
Arguably

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Hitchins, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Arguably (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable even though our views don't always agree.Great book to dip in and out of when you need a diversion

ROYALE CINDERELLA Child Fancy Dress Costume Large
ROYALE CINDERELLA Child Fancy Dress Costume Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairy tale, 25 Feb 2014
Fantastic quality-sizing seems to be very accurate.My grand daughter loved it when I gave it her for Xmas and wouldn't take it off

Big Table, Busy Kitchen: 200 Recipes for Life
Big Table, Busy Kitchen: 200 Recipes for Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Feb 2014
Brilliant book-very user friendly.I have lots of cookery books and this is one of my favourites.Easy to read and follow.

Walking Home
Walking Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Walking Home (Kindle Edition)
I ordered this as a kindle book to read on holiday.I live in the foothills of the Pennines and thought I would be interested in Simons journey.Not so.I found it boring and repetitive in regard to the poetry readings he did .

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 13 Jun 2012
My Kindle was a gift Xmas 2010.After 16 months of use and putting it down after a nights reading (put away in a protective case in a drawer)I returned to it to find the screen saver illegible and vertical lines and blank patches all over it.I tried re charging and all other methods of re start Amazon previously recommended ,to no avail.I contacted Amazon only to be told it was broken and could not be fixed.My options were buy a new one or get a re-conditioned one at a cheaper price.My kindle which cost £149 plus alot of downloaded books was useless after less than 18 months use!!I had not dropped it or misused it at all yet still the screen broke.After looking this up on the internet I found quite alot of people had suffered this problem when the warranty had just or recently expired.I feel people should be made aware of this before purchasing a Kindle.I now have a library of books which cannot be read as I cannot afford to replace it-expensive and not long lasting.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2012 4:51 PM BST