Profile for Pernille > Reviews

Child Of Tibet: The story of Soname's flight to freedom
Child Of Tibet: The story of Soname's flight to freedom
by Soname Yangchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well written book, 5 April 2008
This book is very sweet and honest. Soname is so honest and sincere that I feel I know her personally. The story is interesting and engaging. I read the book very quickly, it was hard to put it down.

The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients
by Irvin D. Yalom

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a true gift, 10 July 2007
yalom shares his amazing insight and great knowledge of therapy with other therapist in a simple and easy to read manner. He covers many useful points and as usual he covers topics than many others never mention. I found it very useful and helpful for my working with clients.

The Enneagram of Passions and Virtues: Finding the Way Home
The Enneagram of Passions and Virtues: Finding the Way Home
by Sandra Maitri

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandra Maitri is the best author on the enneagram, 10 July 2007
Sandra writes in an interesting and in depth manner on the enneagram. In my opinion she is the best author on the enneagram because she has clearly has a lot of experience and knowledge. Many enneagram books are superficial and pop-psychology like, but Sanda's books are profound and spiritual.

Getting Our Bodies Back: Recovery, Healing and Transformation Through Body-centered Psychotherapy
by Christine Caldwell

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for body-centered psychotherapists, 10 July 2007
I really liked the book as I work with body-centered therapy. Very inspiring and useful. With techniques that I could use with myself and clients.

Crash Course: Auto Accident Recovery Breakthrough
Crash Course: Auto Accident Recovery Breakthrough
by Laurence Heller

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and useful, 10 July 2007
The book gives a great overview of the symptoms of trauma and how to work with trauma. It can be useful for other cases of trauma than auto accidents and useful for people interested in the type of therapy called somatic experiencing. Many useful expercises for getting in touch with the body and so on

Towards a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, Psychotherapy and the Path of Personal and Spiritual Transformation
by John Welwood

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book on transpersonal psychology, 10 July 2007
I really liked this book and use the information in my work every day. A must have for spiritual psychotherapists.

Pathways to Spirituality: Making Connections in Therapy
Pathways to Spirituality: Making Connections in Therapy
by Bill O`hanlon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great topic but too superficial, 10 July 2007
I had great expectations of this book. The title sounded so interesting and its great that the author wishes to write on this topic. The topics covered are great and the author has many years of clinical experience. However I found that the topics were covered only superficially and I get the feeling he wrote this book in a rush. He should have written a book about a few of the topics and then been more thorough. Instead he jumps from one topic to the next using a few stories from clients, then a few stories from colleages, then some quotes but there is no focus. I am sure he has a lot to share and I will look for his next book hoping he will cover the topics in depth rather than giving only a brief description of them. This book may be an inspiration to those therapists who are new to working with spirituality and it gives them an overview of some of the topics to be considered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2010 1:57 AM BST

Attachment: Volume One of the Attachment and Loss Trilogy: Attachment Vol 1 (Attachment & Loss)
by Dr E J M Bowlby

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult and too much information, 10 July 2007
I had to put the book down after just reading a few pages. I know this is a classic and that Bowlby's theories are widely used. I feel bad for saying this, but I had a hard time really understanding the points made. As a psycholigist I am used to redig difficult texts and the topic interests me a great deal, but I will search for a book that is easier to read and understand. This had too many words and references and I do not have the time needed to read through it all.

Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers
Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers
by Robert M. Sapolsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful information about stress, 10 July 2007
I really enjoyed this book and found that some difficult information could be interesting and fun. He writes in a very personal manner and at the same time scientific. As a psychologist I found that the information in this book could be applied to clients clinically and my own knowledge on the topic stress has expanded.

Receiving Love: Letting Yourself Be Loved Will Transform Your Relationship
Receiving Love: Letting Yourself Be Loved Will Transform Your Relationship
by Harville Hendrix

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for couple therapists, 27 Jun. 2007
I found this book to be very useful in describing the problems that arise in relationships and how they are rooted in childhood experiences. It gives many examples of couples in therapy and their issues. The book is very precise and comprehensive on the topic. The exercises are very useful and can be given to clients. Its great manual for understanding relationship dynamics in general and can be used with couples or individuals in therapy.

Page: 1 | 2