Profile for Andy > Reviews

BlackBerry HDW-24206-001
BlackBerry HDW-24206-001
Offered by IUEG

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value case, 21 July 2013
Good little cheap case. It looks more premium than it is and does the job nicely of protecting my blackberry. The magnet also does it's job well to put the phone in vibrate profile when it is sheathed but you can change this setting to get it to ring out if required.

Don't bother with any even cheaper alternatives, I tried a couple before this and this is the best I've found all round for the price.

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 3:25 PM GMT

OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5 - Night Sky
OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5 - Night Sky
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking protective case, 21 July 2013
Whilst I'm very careful with all my phones I always try and protect them from accident just in case and this case seemed like a good compromise between protection and added bulk.

Haven't had any accidents since putting my phone in the case but still happy that the phone is protected against scratches and bumps. It makes it look more rugged and manly too which doesn't hurt for a white "girly" iPhone!

Only thing I would improve on this case is the window for the apple logo, this is unnecessary in my opinion and there's a chance that the logo can get scratched because there's no protection at all here. So, cut out some of the included screen protector plastic and stick that on the back instead. I don't think it's needed on the front so long as you always keep your phone in a separate pocket to keys and coins and keep it screen down when on a table etc, I've never had a screen protector yet on any phone and never scratched any of the screens.

High 5 Zero Hydration Tablets 1 Tube x20 Citrus
High 5 Zero Hydration Tablets 1 Tube x20 Citrus
Offered by Superfooduk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablets!, 21 July 2013
I've done a lot of endurance walks recently including the Oxfam Trailtrekker 100km walk and I find a 3L hydration bladder with 4 or 5 of these tabs thrown in is a lifesaver. The combination is just enough to get you through a 8 to 10 hour day walking in the hills, depending how hot it is. Obviously on a 100km endurance walk, you also need to fill up at every checkpoint and put more tabs in so it's good to always have a tube in your rucksack.

Pure water is not enough, dissolve these in your hydration bladder of choice and you not only have a nicer tasting drink but you get the electrolytes that your body needs due to all the salt that is lost through sweat. I prefer these pure zero tabs to the Extreme tabs with Caffeine. I find that the Extreme tabs can ultimately make your more dehydrated at the end of the day.