Profile for B. fox > Reviews

Content by B. fox

B. fox (Norwich,UK)

The Complete Guide to Tracking: Concealment, Night Movement, and All Forms of Pursuit Following Tracks, Trails and Signs, Using 22 SAS Techniques
by Bob Carss

5.0 out of 5 stars Good primer, 9 Sept. 2014
Excellent book. Whilst mostly geared towards humans in the examples its easily transposable to animals and the like (why I purchased). Deciding to dip my toes in this interesting subject and learning to understand the environment in more detail, I found it to be incredibly enjoyable. There is a lot of information to take in so its worth rereading through a few times, though the handy summaries and aide helped enormously. Nice!

Billingham 207 Khaki FibreNyte Camera Bag with Chocolate Leather Trim
Billingham 207 Khaki FibreNyte Camera Bag with Chocolate Leather Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Feb. 2014
Lovely bag, enough room for my kit and a few lenses. As others have said on web, its nice because its flexible in what you can use it for. Im looking forward to wearing it in a bit. Lovely and comfortable for a walk around though I wouldn't go bigger with a 'walk around' personally (i.e. 307).

The Rational Male
The Rational Male

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Rational Male (Kindle Edition)
first review Ive ever written! Just absolutely enlightening and painful to read at the same time. Get it and get over it (what ever hang ups you may have had!).

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, not so sure about this.., 5 Sept. 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Wow! What a game! After waiting for an eternity for this game to be released, reading reviews, watching trailers etc i decided i WON't be buying this game.

Yet.Why?

Why? Copy protection. The game looks fantastic and the possible things you can do staggering but if I buy a game I want to know it will be mine to play when I want. Being able to install only 3 times on you PC before your codes don't work? Having to then (EA have assured customers) provide all your information to a customer support line you call (extra charges) or email (and wait) for them to sort? Why do companies insist on this?

We know that they know it's only for marketing purposes and statistical analysis so that they improve their future sales. For me however if I don't respect a company I wont buy from it. I know I know! I'm only one person. But that's the point. When you get treated as a demographic/criminal by buying the game then all software companies need to get together and think of a better way to deal with piracy.

What about a key generator included that you can put your own personal details from your EA membership site into to generate a key? Then provide THAT to their database. It would work because no one would want to share that personal information with others on the Internet. just and idea...

Piracy is a bad thing but this is going too far. I absolutely could not wait for this game. Big Big Big Sim city fan but come on guys! For the reaon above many people will probably work around the copyright. Me? I have had so many problems with above software company they have for the moment lost another purchase and for a great deal more in future.

Everytime I buy a game from EA I think, maybe just maybe this one will just work, out of the box. I give them a chance everytime (I reckon because they make games, surely they must want to make them first and foremost polished and to provide enjoyment to people?).

If you can handle the issues I would recommend it as it looks one of the best games of all time! But if you feel like you have given them soooo many chances in the past, when are you going to say enough is enough?

If I buy a 500 piece puzzle I would not expect it to have an illustartion that vanishes after putting it together 3 times!