Profile for S. BROWN > Reviews

Content by S. BROWN

S. BROWN

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vintage Style Ladies Weekend Overnight Travel Bags Holdall Large Retro Handbag (Red)
Offered by Urban Trading
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful weekend bag, 9 May 2014
Have been looking for something this sort of size for weekends etc. Lots of space, separate pockets. I can see it will be really useful

The Bookseller of Kabul
The Bookseller of Kabul
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 19 Feb 2014
Interesting insight into world of an Afghani family. Not always sympathetic characters but well written. I felt it was genuine - having worked in the Middle East 30 years ago, it is apparent not a lot has changed. Some of it was a difficult read, but there were equally some amusing bits. Glad I read it, and would recommend it.

The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing, 9 Jan 2014
Have not read Kate Morton before. I downloaded this onto my Kindle as I was going into hospital, and I must say it kept me absorbed from start to finish. Very cleverly woven characters and plot - a loved it and will certainly read more of her work.

The Grass is Always Greener (Short Reads)
The Grass is Always Greener (Short Reads)
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 9 Jan 2014
Not quite up to the usual standard of the Jeffrey Archer short stories I have come to expect, but a good read

Clean Sweep Ignatius (Short Reads)
Clean Sweep Ignatius (Short Reads)
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Archer triumph!, 9 Jan 2014
Well thought out short story - another twist in the tale typical of Jeffrey Archer and very easy to read

Inspector Morse: The first three novels
Inspector Morse: The first three novels
Price: 8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kindle read, 9 Jan 2014
Good to have something of substance to read in hospital recently, although some of the clues are rather obscure and I was aware of how I would have flipped back to previous points in a printed book. However, certainly holds the attention.

Peanuts 2014 Mini Box
Peanuts 2014 Mini Box
by Andrews McMeel
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite little calendar, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Peanuts 2014 Mini Box (Calendar)
I have bought this for as long as I can remember - it always sat on my late husband's desk, but I still like to have it around.
It is very clear and takes up little space. My only personal disappointment is that this year's does not seem to have as many "Snoopy days" as previously - he and Woodstock are definite favourites!

Bach Six (6) Suites for Cello Solo (Barenreiter BA320)
Bach Six (6) Suites for Cello Solo (Barenreiter BA320)
by J S Bach
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Cello Suites - gift, 9 Jan 2014
Bought this as a gift. Apparently very good. Very impressed with the company who sent this, who responded promptly and personally to a very minor issue. Would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to purchase sheet music

Philips DVT 1000 Digital Recorder with 2 Mic Stereo Recording
Philips DVT 1000 Digital Recorder with 2 Mic Stereo Recording
Offered by TnD-Electronics
Price: 35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions needed!, 22 Oct 2013
Not a bad item but, with only a small diagram of how to use, it is not sufficient.
With help, I managed to work out how to switch on and off, how to record and how to delete,
However, when trying to play back, I have already lost lots of recordings.
I bought this to assist me with rehearsals now I have joined a local choir; so far, it is not meeting my requirements.

False Impression
False Impression
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent page-turner, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: False Impression (Kindle Edition)
Hard to put this one down. Not a literary masterpiece but it is an exceptionally good read which I really enjoyed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3