Profile for Alistair Buchanan > Reviews

Alistair Buchanan

Cassadaga
Cassadaga

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly inspiring record... brilliant, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Cassadaga (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure how well Bright Eyes would cope, following up from the massive success of the last two - so was mightily relieved to hear the strengh of songs on Cassadaga.

Loving the country-vibes on Four Winds, but there's a real depth and range of styles on this record, as we've come to expect from Conor and gang. If The Breakman Turns My Way has a cool, Lou Reed feel combined with that same hooky, heartfelt appeal evident on so much of 2005's I'm Wide Awake It's Morning. Other stand out tracks for me include the beautiful, orchestral Make A Plan To Love Me. Elsewhere, No One Would Riot For Less and final song Lime Tree are effortlessly brilliant.

If you're a die hard fan of Bright Eyes already, you probably need no encouragement - but if you're a newcomer to the band, my advice would be to get this album asap! You will not be disappointed.