Profile for S. Capes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one years ago, 5 Oct 2014
I bought this when my dentist told me I had early signs of periodontal disease and I've had it for a few months now and am really pleased with it. The jet is very powerful and washes stuff right out of the mouth that floss just moves around. It runs for a good time on a full tank too. I rarely need to re-fill it - only if something stubborn feels stuck. I still use floss on a few teeth that are very close together as things like celery strings get caught between the teeth and can't wash out but it's so much faster and easier than flossing every gap and it gives the gums a massage too. I am now using it on setting 6 which was too painful at first and I did get a bit of bleeding early on but never do now. I had two slightly loose wisdom teeth on one side that the dentist had said could become a problem. It hurt to use this around them at first but one has tightened up completely and even at setting 6 I get no discomfort from it, the other is much better though still a little uncomfortable on one side but I am certain that continued regular use will tighten that one as well.

As others, and the instructions, say, you do need to close your lips around it and keep your head low over the basin or it splashes everywhere but after a few uses you can feel when you're pointing it in the right places so no need to see it in the mirror.

It is more comfortable is you use warm water as recommended.

This Ultra version comes with lots of extra attachments that store neatly in the lid but to be honest I haven't used anything other than the normal jet tip so the Ultra version may not be worth the extra cost.

A bonus for the ladies - it cleans under the setting of my diamond ring beautifully, though it does spray around a bit!

Transcend Suction Mount for DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder
Transcend Suction Mount for DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the adhesive one, 5 Oct 2014
Does the job and is more adjustable than the adhesive one that comes with the camera. Has been attached to the windscreen for a couple of months now without coming unstuck. Good product.

White - Fabric and Beads - Chandelier
White - Fabric and Beads - Chandelier

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty shade, 5 Oct 2014
As others have said, you can see the bulb too easily so it could have done with the shade part being about 2-3" longer, but it's a pretty shade and I'm pleased with it. Other reviewers have also said they get twinkly reflections around the room but I would have liked that and it doesn't happen in our room. I've tried an old type tungsten bulb and a long-life type bulb and neither give the reflections even though the plastic 'crystals' are quite shiny.
Nice enough for the price and arrived well packaged and promptly

Mexican Train Dominoes extension set
Mexican Train Dominoes extension set
Offered by Masters Traditional Games

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost more on Amazon than their own website, 5 Oct 2014
Been looking for a replacement loco keyring for our Mexican Train for ages (gave the previous one away :( ) and am really pleased to have found this little set, though I wish they sold the keyring separately as I didn't need the rest. It costs more here on Amazon than on the Masters website and I only found out afterwards :(
Try this link (copy and paste if it doesn't show as a link)
to get the same set for £12.99 incl delivery (Oct 2014)

Waterpik Ultra Replacement Jet Tips JT100E for Model WP 100
Waterpik Ultra Replacement Jet Tips JT100E for Model WP 100
Offered by Inter-Dentals

3.0 out of 5 stars Cost too much for what they are, 5 Oct 2014
Nothing much to say - if you're buying replacements you already know what they do. These are a bit pricey but they do the job.

Systolex Leading Non-prescription Blood Pressure Management Supplement Backed By a 90 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Offered by PurMEDICA Nutritional Science, Inc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 5 Oct 2014
I bought 3 pots (90 day supply) directly from PurMedica's website. I am now about a third of the way down the third pot and there is no improvement in my blood pressure whatsoever. Waste of money. You can achieve better results with weight loss (if necessary) and sensible regular exercise, preferably out in the fresh air, which is how I controlled it before and am returning to again. Better for you in every way. Not an answer for everyone, I know - some fit athletes have high blood pressure - but anything is better than these pills.

Transcend 16GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Transcend 16GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good camera, 2 Oct 2014
Very good quality video saved, by default, in 1 minute files. If it gets jogged, either accidentally or due to an impact, it stores the current file in a separate folder making it easy to quickly find the recording of a possible problem. Great fun to watch parts of your journey again if something interesting happens or you see something new.
The image is slightly 'fish eye' to make a good wide angle view but not enough to distort the image. You can read car number plates but only when the car is very close. If you have a zoom facility on your PC video playback you might be able to see better. I don't have that option. I have linked it to my smartphone once just to see what happens. The camera screen switches off and you can view on the phone but I'm not sure what the benefit is.
Like other people, my one quibble is that it will only hold the current date in memory for about 3 days and it takes a while to reset it when it defaults back to a date in 2013. As I don't use my car every day and my husband rarely remembers to put the camera in his, the date is lost frequently. It does get hot during operation and in both our cars, stays on even when the engine is switched off so we always pull out the cigarette plug when we stop anywhere and remove the camera if we are leaving the car for any length of time.
It comes with an adhesive mount which I installed in my car and I bought the suction version by Transcend for my husband's car. Both do the job well. He has the long cable supplied and this fits neatly around the windscreen trim with the excess coiled inside the glove box. I bought a separate USB cable to use with a cigarette lighter USB adapter but couldn't get the length so I have a cable dangling down the middle of my windscreen. It doesn't bother me though and doesn't obstruct the view in any way.

Double 12 Mexican domino train set in clasped wooden carry case
Double 12 Mexican domino train set in clasped wooden carry case
Offered by Masters Traditional Games

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy boxed set, 2 Oct 2014
Very neat sturdy little box and everything fits in tidily. Good quality dominoes and a nice noisy keyring train like the one in the original sets - too many don't supply this. My only complaint - hence the 4 stars - are the colours. Apart from yellow on the 6s and orange on the 10s they are extremely dull and in artificial light it isn't easy to identify dominoes by colour. My original Tactic set (now not available in original form) has lovely bright different colours. All the same, I'm pleased with this set and would recommend it to friends. One strange thing - for some reason it comes with a spare double 12!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (18.1MP, 30x Optical Zoom, High Sensitivity MOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD (New for 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with it, 8 Sep 2014
I've had this camera for a few months now and am absolutely delighted with it. My husband has the TZ10 and I noticed that his holiday photos were much clearer than those I took with my smartphone (which I'd previously been happy with) so I went for this latest version and am pleased I did.

The pictures are very clear and colour is as accurate as I could wish for.

I was aware that it would arrive without a card but hadn't anticipated how tiny the internal memory is. At full resolution (about 16Mb) it holds exactly one photo! Using a 32Gb SD card, however, there is plenty of space for as many photos as I am ever likely to take in one go.

I really like the art effects though probably won't use them much. There are a lot of features that I probably won't ever use but then I really just want to record memories of people and places.

The video quality is good but recording runs the battery down faster and naturally the videos take up a lot of memory. For most purposes the battery lasts a few days but with video, just a few hours. Charging takes about 3 hours and has to be done on the camera which would be annoying if I had a spare battery.

I wish it had come with a case. I looked at a lot on Amazon but wasn't really happy with any available, having read the reviews. Luckily I found a case in a charity shop that is perfect for it and doesn't make it too bulky to carry but I do think one should be supplied.

At full zoom (which is very good) it becomes harder to hold and it is necessary to keep it steady for picture clarity so a tripod is useful though not essential - I've taken several good clear pictures at full zoom just by leaning on something to steady my arms. I've even managed decent photos holding it one handed way above my head for pictures of events.

All in all a very versatile little compact camera. Love it!

Chrome Castor Cups Max Internal diameter 48mm set of 16
Chrome Castor Cups Max Internal diameter 48mm set of 16
Offered by J A Milton Upholstery Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 8 Sep 2014
Excellent castors. I was going to buy the usual plastic type but as they were for bed legs I decided to go for something stronger and these are just the job. The finish is smooth - no jagged bits of metal anywhere - and they slide easily on the carpet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7