Profile for S. Capes > Reviews

Content by S. Capes

S. Capes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
4 Pack Geuine Marielle Bra® - The Ultimate comfort Bra. Premium Quality Material Seamless Support Comfort Sport Stretch Action Leisure Black White Nude / Beige (Medium - Chest Size - 36-37in Uk 8-10, 3 Colour Set + Free Beige Bra (Same Size))
Offered by Marielle®

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable but weird sizing, 22 July 2014
I was at a loss to decide which size to order from the description and the detailed sizing info was no help either. From reviews I settled on a smaller size and I'm glad I did - it's perfect. I am currently wearing 36C bras though they are slightly large in the cup for me but the B cup is too small. Measuring around the nipple I am 35 inches. I wear a size 12 to 14 top depending on cut and opted to buy the Medium pack which is stated as chest 36 to 37 inch, size UK 8 - 10. Really? Anyway, with my measurements the medium pack is fine. Strangely there is a difference in size between colours too. White is smallest, black next and the beige is nearly an inch bigger than the white. All nicely stretchy though so it doesn't seem to matter.

Wear two together if you want a bit more support for exercise though I don't think they're suitable for high impact. If you don't like your nipples to show you'll need some sort of breast pad as well.

Can be pulled on overhead or stepped into and the bliss of a bra with no seams or labels - wonderful!

New Balance Women's Aquarius/Black Trainer WT00BB 7 UK
New Balance Women's Aquarius/Black Trainer WT00BB 7 UK
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lightweight trainer, 9 July 2014
I bought these for Joanna Hall's Walkactive style of walking as she recommends wearing relatively "barefoot" shoes. In the past I usually ran rather than walked and I used well-cushioned trainers for that. I've always been a fan of New Balance so when looking for walking trainers I chose these.
They are certainly lightweight but I wouldn't call them barefoot style. The soles are Vibram but they are nubbly - lots of round flattish "buttons" rather than a conventional sole. Not uncomfortable but equally not anywhere near a barefoot feel. I have heard that the genuine barefoot shoes wear out quickly. These feel sturdy enough to last a while and are very comfortable for the long stride walking I am now doing.
As with running trainers, I bought a size larger than normal shoes, and the fit is OK. I have a fairly broad forefoot but the "B" width is fine.
My only dislike is that the tongue is fairly long and with only foot socks it chafes at the bend in my ankle so I need socks that protect the ankle too - annoying in hot weather.

Pygmy 240V 15W B22d Yellow
Pygmy 240V 15W B22d Yellow
Offered by Lighthouse Bulbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bulbs for the gas fire, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Pygmy 240V 15W B22d Yellow
Having read that the amber bulbs glow red I bought these yellow ones and they give a perfect flame colour in the gas fire. Just the job!

Genuine Leather Watch Strap Black 20mm
Genuine Leather Watch Strap Black 20mm
Offered by Talk Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice strap, 28 April 2014
This is a very attractive and sturdy strap. It looks excellent on. Very fast delivery too. I ordered two so I have a spare but I think it will be some time before it's needed.

225x Antiseptic Hand & Surface Wipes - 3 x Packs of 75 (225 Wipes)
225x Antiseptic Hand & Surface Wipes - 3 x Packs of 75 (225 Wipes)
Offered by My Discounts Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 22 April 2014
They do the job they are designed for. Took a tub on a cruise to wipe down handles, TV remote etc and found they also work well on marks on clothes so no need to take extra cleaning wipes. I also used them to brush off sand from feet and shoes and greasy marks on the phone screen. Great wipes.

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 22 April 2014
I have very sensitive hearing and recently on a cruise I found the music in the shows too loud. Having experienced this before I decided to be prepared and bought these ear plugs. They worked perfectly to reduce sound without spoiling the clarity in any way. They fit neatly into the little tube which I kept in my handbag all holiday so that at the first hint of over-loud music I could discreetly slip them into my ears with no-one the wiser. Perfect.

Craghoppers Womens Classic Kiwi Zip Off Convertible Walking Trousers - Litchen Green, Short-Size 14
Offered by Bambooty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent trousers., 22 April 2014
I bought these to wear on a coach trip around New Zealand which would involve some bush trekking. I almost lived in them and wish I'd bought more. They are comfortable and practical and fitted me well. They wash well and dry quickly too.

20 Clear Polythene Garment Covers - 72"(182cm) - Ideal length for full-length dresses, trousers, shirts, suits, skirts etc. - perforated for easy tear off
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 22 April 2014
These covers are just like the ones supplied by the dry cleaners only a little thicker. They are joined by perforations which, unlike some people's experience, I didn't find at all difficult to tear though I did keep my hands close to the perforations.
At 72" they cover even my very longest cruise dresses though I need a taller wardrobe as the bottoms trail but they could be taped up to provide additional protection. Perfect for storage until the next cruise!

The GL Diet Made Easy: How to Eat, Cheat and Still Lose Weight
The GL Diet Made Easy: How to Eat, Cheat and Still Lose Weight

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly makes sense, 12 Dec 2013
I like the idea of eating a diet that aims to keep blood sugar balanced. Mr Denby is someone whose opinion I have followed in his weekly review of celebrity diets in the weekend telegraph supplement and I've always thought his comments were full of common sense as well as nutritional advice so I bought this book (Kindle version).
The layout translates to Kindle well enough but it's not easy to use as, with any nutrition/cook book, you need to be able to flick around. Easier to access via my Kindle for PC version but still not perfect.
It's pretty good, though the recipes are mostly for things I wouldn't choose to eat anyway. His recommendation of using cauliflower, mashed as a pie topping actually isn't too bad but on the strength of his recommendation I bought All Bran as my breakfast cereal. I usually have soaked, raw porridge oats with walnuts and a few raisins but he dismisses raisins as having a high GI load and should only be eaten as a rare treat, so I got the All Bran. I should have read the ingredients before I did. Sugar is listed as the second biggest ingredient and fructose as the third. Hardly low GI even if the bran reduces the GI load. I'll stick to my own choices in future.

Set of 4 x Simple Plain White El Grande, Large Mugs (425ml)
Set of 4 x Simple Plain White El Grande, Large Mugs (425ml)
Offered by MugBug

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent size Cuppa!, 7 Dec 2013
I've been looking for bigger mugs for some time and the only ones I could find had cartoons, greetings or other, too specific, decorations and could only be bought singly. I wouldn't have minded a simple pattern but these plain white mugs are perfect.
Not more than 2 millimetres wider than my normal mugs but a good 2 centimetres taller so they fit neatly in the cupboard too, without taking up extra space.
They hold roughly 3/4 pint (my usual ones are about 1/2 pint).
No guidance about whether they are dishwasher and/or microwave safe but I have washed them all once in the dishwasher without problem.
I would definitely buy more of these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6