Profile for Scott > Reviews

Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3)
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 25.27

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet?, 25 Mar 2014
I first played DW starting with number 2 and I bought the Xtreme Legends packs too. Each game offered something new and I could play them for a very long time before getting bored.
I don't think I played 5 so skip to Dynasty warriors 6... What a let down. The worst yet, I got Empires which only made it better because you could go around taking over each territory in a separate mode.
I never bothered with 7, then I caught a look at number 8 and had to buy it.

I'm very impressed with this one. I did hear it's very similar to 7 just with added extras. My faith in DW has been completely restored with this game. Something I always liked about DW is the stage redesigns they make in later releases. All new stages in this one, weapon collection taking me back to the old school DW. No roll feature is a shame but its not all that necessary.
One of my favourite things is the second weapon feature plus the weapon affinity. Its a really good touch to the game.
Very nice effort with giving everyone their own weapons and combo's too. Some of the weapons don't make all that much sense (snooker cue anyone?) but if variety is what you are after it's definitely here! I haven't played online with anyone so cant review the online mode.

The skills list is another nice feature, and certainly gives a reason to keep playing if you want to max your skills out, although the only ones I ever use is extra range, extra exp, musou fill and rage fill...But if you wish for more health or attack/defence etc the options are there to suit everyone's style.

Musou and Rage... I love this. The reason I have musou and rage fill is because its so much fun obliterating hundreds of enemies in minutes. Standard, jumping, and secondary musou can be used(when unlocked) and each one differing from straight to spread attack. Rage makes you a maniac and using musou in this state is the best part for me.

Ambition mode... A lot better than the previous taking over territory scenarios. Build your camp and acquire materials, fame or officers to help it grow so you can welcome the emperor. I haven't finished this mode yet but I'm liking it a lot. This game would certainly be even better with 2 players. Shame there is no versus battle (unless I just didnt find it) or challenges but over all it's a very solid game. Even going out of their way to finally pronounce the characters names correctly! So be warned if you are used to saying "sun say" and now hear it as "sun su-"

Is it the best yet? No, but with each game offering something unique, how could any of them be? However if I had to choose only one of the games, it would probably be this one.

Zemgear Ninja Split Toe Low Black Black Unisex Barefoot Activities Size Md
Zemgear Ninja Split Toe Low Black Black Unisex Barefoot Activities Size Md

4.0 out of 5 stars Barefoot essential., 19 Nov 2013
Stones hurt like hell if you stand on one, but that's what you get for going "barefoot". I found these good to exercise in an even from wearing these in the gym I felt I had better performance for using more of my own cushioning rather than mass cushioned trainers. I wear these all the time in the summer. Better make sure you have ninja sock unless you wana wear em' sockless. To be honest, I'd never wear socks with these anyway. Get the normal toe ones if you prefer socks with your footwear.

Oblivion [DVD] [2013]
Oblivion [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

5.0 out of 5 stars Two great actors, one massive film., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Oblivion [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Even in the parts where not much is going on I was hooked. In the parts where there was a lot going on I was even more hooked. "Are you an effective team?" Whichever team made this film what it is, is very effective indeed!

Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars And what a sight it is!, 19 Nov 2013
Not going to lie, this is for pure action heads. The start is somewhat predictable, but we aren't here for the start, we are here for bullets, blood and bodies, right?

Looper [DVD]
Looper [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Price: 3.70

5.0 out of 5 stars A hidden gem?, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Looper [DVD] (DVD)
This was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. When you see the credits role at the end I'm sure you will think the same. Very very cleverly written.

World War Z [DVD]
World War Z [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars What do I say?, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: World War Z [DVD] (DVD)
I imagine you have all ready heard how good this is if you are considering buying it... It really is that good.

Now You See Me [DVD]
Now You See Me [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jesse Eisenberg
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars "You should see me", 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Now You See Me [DVD] (DVD)
Not necessarily a big main cast, (the four horsemen) but a film that delivers quality acting, visuals, magic, drama, action, comedy and a very good story!

This is the End [DVD] [2013]
This is the End [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

5.0 out of 5 stars What would you expect?, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: This is the End [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
If you like anything these guys have put out before, you should love this. I found it quite hilarious, pretty decent story too.

Fortress
Fortress
Price: 6.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what Rock should be., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fortress (Audio CD)
I bought Alter Bridge's first album last year, then got the rest this year, all in order for Fortress.
So knowing that I heard them all around the same time rather than years apart this is what I have to say:

It feels a little like they tried to make a better album than Blackbird, which I don't think will be possible as Blackbird is one of those albums you couldn't top. I noticed the album has been mixed/edited more, playing around with Miles' voice, double tracking or whatever the name is and ome parts just feel unnecessary when Miles really is one of the best singers in existence. But that is down to the production process and not the band its self I think? It just feels like too much voice play that isnt needed but regardless of all that, what they ended up with is one of the best Rock/Hard Rock/Metal albums you will ever hear. If this is the direction AB are headed it really is one of those cases of a band just getting better and better, and something you need in your music collection. Fave tracks of mine are Calm the Fire, Farther than the Sun, All Ends Well and Fortress.