Profile for Karen > Reviews

Content by Karen

Karen (Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Futura Dehumidifier 12 Litre with Ioniser, Clothes Drying Function and 24Hr Timer Portable & Compact Ideal for Home or Office
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic dehumidifier! My only regret is not buying it sooner., 13 Jan. 2016
Before I got this my 3-bedroom house had a humidity reading of 75% with a small amount of mould starting to grow in some places and allot of condensation on the windows, also myself and my son had some breathing and chest problems which had been ongoing for months.
I tend to cook everyday and we both shower everyday, although we rarely dry clothes indoors.
Main points I have noticed using this dehumidifier:
* If I have it on for 10-12 hours per day this keeps the humidity down to 55%.
* If I have it on for 24 hours per day the lowest humidity reading was 49%.
* The ioniser function seems to make the air fresher.
* After a day I could notice a significant difference to the condensation in our home.
* After only a week I could notice a significant improvement to our health conditions.

Rabbit Skin Bungee Tug
Rabbit Skin Bungee Tug
Offered by TopDraw

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 April 2015
This review is from: Rabbit Skin Bungee Tug (Misc.)
Worst product I've ever seen. Terrible don't buy this.

KAS Swan Lake Cushion 40 x 40cm Pink
KAS Swan Lake Cushion 40 x 40cm Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cushions., 28 Jan. 2012
Very pretty cushions, I thought it was dusky pink colour but it's slightly more orange, But overall great value and i would buy them again.

Litecraft - Natural Capiz Easy Fit Pendant Shade
Litecraft - Natural Capiz Easy Fit Pendant Shade

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but on the small side, 28 Jan. 2012
pretty light shade but it's smaller than i thought it would be. I had ordered it for my living room but it looks too small for a big room and some of the dangle bits are short so at some angles you an clearly see my bulb.

The New Method- Perfect Pilates [DVD]
The New Method- Perfect Pilates [DVD]
Dvd ~ The New Method 20/20
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't recommend it, 28 May 2008
I'm a reasonable fit person and like to feel like i have worked out after each session. With this it just didn't happen.

what i liked about it was the exercises focused on stretching the muscles, i have adapted some of those into my regular routine.

what i didn't like about it was the length of time actually spent doing the pilates.

If you are looking for a good all-round pilates DVD then this is not it.

Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD]
Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 8 May 2008
This review is from: Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this with my nine year old son and neither of us have laughed so much in a long time.

Kundalini Yoga to Detox and De-stress [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga to Detox and De-stress [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars **simple movements with spiritually euphoric results**, 29 April 2008
This is my first experience of Kundalini yoga, I've tried other types of yoga but this is the only one that i follow now.
During the dvd i felt a strange sensation of bubbles bursting all over my face and shoulders ((I'm told this is stress being released from the body)). After the dvd had finished i felt a strange almost spiritual euphoria but peacefulness at the same time.

The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Richard Callender
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, not great, 11 Mar. 2008
What i liked about it:
-the little timer in the corner that keeps you motivated to complete the section.
-The workout is fairly intense.

What i didn't like about it:
-The monotony of the fatburn section
-Jordons lack-luster performance, you get the feeling she just can't be bothered

Maintenance Pilates For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2006]
Maintenance Pilates For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ana Cabán

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for that motivated feeling after working out!, 21 Feb. 2008
Felt more toned after just a few workouts, would definately give this 5 stars for strength building.
This is about 30mins long, which offers a fairly intense workout for the time taken. Which is perfect if your like me and don't have a whole lot of time on your hands to faff around with low intensity workouts. There is a bonus 15 minute workout too. Which its very handy!

I only gave this 4 stars because a couple of the new moves i didn't take to, i felt they were a bit 'gimicky' and a waste of time. but over all definately worth the money and time. I do this workout before work, it's great to really get you motivated, but not too intense as to tire you out.
Also Ana cobain is probably the less irritating instructor i have come across.

Power Yoga Total Body [DVD] [2005]
Power Yoga Total Body [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Rodney Yee
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenge with good results... My favourite!, 17 Jan. 2008
I love this DVD, combines flexiblity/stength/relaxation very well and i don't need to look at the moniter to follow either Rodney Yee explains this very well.

Not for beginners, would need to be of resonable fitness to follow this.
But perfect for those who are bored doing the celebrity dvds with numberous child-pose's.

Page: 1 | 2