Profile for Karen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
KAS Swan Lake Cushion 40 x 40cm Pink
KAS Swan Lake Cushion 40 x 40cm Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cushions., 28 Jan 2012
Very pretty cushions, I thought it was dusky pink colour but it's slightly more orange, But overall great value and i would buy them again.

Litecraft - Natural Capiz Easy Fit Pendant Shade
Litecraft - Natural Capiz Easy Fit Pendant Shade

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but on the small side, 28 Jan 2012
pretty light shade but it's smaller than i thought it would be. I had ordered it for my living room but it looks too small for a big room and some of the dangle bits are short so at some angles you an clearly see my bulb.

The New Method- Perfect Pilates [DVD]
The New Method- Perfect Pilates [DVD]
Dvd ~ The New Method 20/20
Offered by Axpress

2.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't recommend it, 28 May 2008
I'm a reasonable fit person and like to feel like i have worked out after each session. With this it just didn't happen.

what i liked about it was the exercises focused on stretching the muscles, i have adapted some of those into my regular routine.

what i didn't like about it was the length of time actually spent doing the pilates.

If you are looking for a good all-round pilates DVD then this is not it.

Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD]
Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 8 May 2008
This review is from: Over The Hedge [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this with my nine year old son and neither of us have laughed so much in a long time.

Kundalini Yoga - to Detox and De-stress - Includes bonus music CD featuring Maya [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars **simple movements with spiritually euphoric results**, 29 April 2008
This is my first experience of Kundalini yoga, I've tried other types of yoga but this is the only one that i follow now.
During the dvd i felt a strange sensation of bubbles bursting all over my face and shoulders ((I'm told this is stress being released from the body)). After the dvd had finished i felt a strange almost spiritual euphoria but peacefulness at the same time.

The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Richard Callender
Offered by Jasuli

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, not great, 11 Mar 2008
What i liked about it:
-the little timer in the corner that keeps you motivated to complete the section.
-The workout is fairly intense.

What i didn't like about it:
-The monotony of the fatburn section
-Jordons lack-luster performance, you get the feeling she just can't be bothered

Maintenance Pilates For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2006]
Maintenance Pilates For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ana Cabán
Offered by Online4DVDs

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for that motivated feeling after working out!, 21 Feb 2008
Felt more toned after just a few workouts, would definately give this 5 stars for strength building.
This is about 30mins long, which offers a fairly intense workout for the time taken. Which is perfect if your like me and don't have a whole lot of time on your hands to faff around with low intensity workouts. There is a bonus 15 minute workout too. Which its very handy!

I only gave this 4 stars because a couple of the new moves i didn't take to, i felt they were a bit 'gimicky' and a waste of time. but over all definately worth the money and time. I do this workout before work, it's great to really get you motivated, but not too intense as to tire you out.
Also Ana cobain is probably the less irritating instructor i have come across.

Power Yoga Total Body [DVD] [2005]
Power Yoga Total Body [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Rodney Yee
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenge with good results... My favourite!, 17 Jan 2008
I love this DVD, combines flexiblity/stength/relaxation very well and i don't need to look at the moniter to follow either Rodney Yee explains this very well.

Not for beginners, would need to be of resonable fitness to follow this.
But perfect for those who are bored doing the celebrity dvds with numberous child-pose's.

Tarot: an Illustrated Guide
Tarot: an Illustrated Guide
by Jonathan Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book i always refer back to, 6 Jan 2008
Loads of great information in this book, easy to understand definitions of each card and a great section on the combinations of numbers in a reading and the significance of this.

If you only read one book on tarot let it be this one.
Definately my favourite!

Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition
Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition
by Paul Pitchford

5.0 out of 5 stars The mother of all nutrition books, 13 Dec 2007
This is an East Asian approach to nutrition; don't let that put you off though. Give this book a chance and you will not regret it. I have many books on nutrition both in the western and eastern view and this one I always refer back too.
Eastern approach to nutrition breaks away from the western idea that one diet suits everyone. Follow the guide to your constitution and optimum health will follow. Uses the five element theory.
I could never understand why I was always so tired, lethargic and mucusy until I followed the advice in this book and cut out eating dairy and consumed more bitter flavoured foods recomended for "damp" bodies. My hair/ Skin/ fitness and general zest-for-life have all seen a vast improvement.
If i could i would give this book more that five stars, Still completely in awe of this book and the effect it has had on my life.

Page: 1 | 2