Profile for Andrew Sanders > Reviews

Content by Andrew Sanders

Andrew Sanders (sutton, surrey United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
New York Gift 1:14 Scale Remote Control Devilboy Monster Truck
New York Gift 1:14 Scale Remote Control Devilboy Monster Truck

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking quality. Useless., 23 Feb 2014
I notice the price has come down but they are a waste at any price. We got 2 for Xmas. The first had a part missing that we had to wait for. Before it arrived the other one was already broken. The rear axle broke on it's second outing. The first car then broke on it's first outing, this time the front suspension and the steering. I used one car to repair the other. It lasted about 10 minutes before a wheel fell off. The rear axle broken again, so now we've run out of spares. Both cars now in the bin. I'm not sure either managed to use up a single set of rechargeable batteries. We have an older car that only cost us about £10 more and it's still going strong. Why send us 2 the same anyway? Both same colour and both same frequency. Mind you, both in the bin already too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 11:21 PM BST

Capability Brown - From Scratch (Digipak)
Capability Brown - From Scratch (Digipak)
Offered by Freakout62

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an underrated band., 7 Dec 2011
Superb harmonies and guitars. Definately worth a listen for anyone who enjoys prog rock or bands such as Pink Floyd. 'Voice' is a good album too and probably held in higher regard, but I have a slight prefernce for this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2012 7:15 AM BST

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love, so I do too, 7 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is one of the few games we have got for the Wii that my 2 boys seem quite happy to play together. It doesn't look much different than the 1~4 game, but they enjoy seeing the similarities with the films so it was worth getting this one too. We don't seem to have come across any glitches so far. It's nice to see them discussing tactics and talking about the story as well as just playing a video game. I recommend it.

Panasonic CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
Panasonic CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
Offered by Prime Furnishing

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 31 Oct 2011
Very poor quality. Barely any life in these batteries. Given how quick they pack up I will not bother again. I use them in a cycle computer and will need to re-set it again. Not worth it.

Sony DSCHX9VB Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera - Black (16.8MP, 16x Optical Zoom, 3 inch LCD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb IQ, 27 Oct 2011
The image quality from this camera is excellent. It is sharp without being over sharp. Colour is excellent. Unlike some compacts it renders skin tone very well. The out of focus areas in the background are rendered quite smoothly for a compact too. There are lots useful modes to, but to be honest the menu system is where this camera suffers because it is too fussy and tricky to navigate. It also lacks basic camera control, i.e 'A' and 'S' mode. I wish they had asked a keen photographer for feedback as I'm sure they would have benefitted from these modes.

Beyerdynamic T50P Portable Headphones with Tesla Technology
Beyerdynamic T50P Portable Headphones with Tesla Technology
Offered by Hughes Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really up to the job., 27 Oct 2011
For portable headphones these leave a lot to be desired. The sound quality is excellent, but only if you press the ends firmly against your ears. The band that goes over your head is woefully poor. There is also no degree of sound isolation. I use them on my p.c. and they are good for that, but that is not what I paid this much money for.

Sony Soft Case for HX20-series Cyber-shot - Black
Sony Soft Case for HX20-series Cyber-shot - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 27 Oct 2011
This is an excellent quality and very professional looking product. It does add a bit of bulk to the camera but it also offers a good degree of protection. After several months living in my back-pack it still looks like new.

Nerf N-Strike Nite Finder EX-3
Nerf N-Strike Nite Finder EX-3
Offered by JSN Worldtrade

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 24 hours, 6 Jun 2011
My son said this was his most fun birthday present when he got it a day early at his party. By the time his birtday arrived the next day it had already stopped working.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2011 5:49 AM GMT

Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 (PC)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 (PC)
Offered by Empire Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful kit at good price, 8 April 2009
When my p.c. crashed recently I decided PS Elements would do enough of what I used to do on PS CS 2 at a fraction of the cost. It doesn't. I've gone back to CS.
That said though, this is an amazing piece of kit for the price and has been tailored with beginners in mind. Many of the tools are automatic but still allow plenty of tweaking afterwards. The stitching tool for panoramas is incredibly good, much better than the one in my old version of CS. For a small outlay PS Elements could make a big improvement to your pictures. Relative to what I've already spent on cameras, lenses and p.c.'s it's an absolute bargain.
I can't rate it higher than 3 stars because I found limitations that I personally couldn't settle for, but for your typical amateur photographer who wants to get the best out of his equipment I would highly recommend it.

Nikon NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4 Lens
Nikon NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4 Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb fast lens, 9 Oct 2007
Excellent choice for low-light photography using available light, even on digital cameras such as D200. Sharp from f2, very sharp from f2.8 - f5.6.

Page: 1 | 2