Profile for R. Bland > Reviews

Content by R. Bland

R. Bland (Dunblane, Perthshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Consort of Musicke By Byrd & Gibbons
Consort of Musicke By Byrd & Gibbons
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jan. 2013
Electric playing with great drama. Brings these pieces alive. Highly recommended. I particularly enjoyed the performance of Sellinger's Round, with its crisp ornamentation.

Les Classiques Larousse: Le Misanthrope (Folio (Gallimard))
Les Classiques Larousse: Le Misanthrope (Folio (Gallimard))
by Molière
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful play, wonderful value, Amazon picture wrong., 17 Feb. 2010
This is a standard edition of a classic play, at a very good price. A minor point: the cover shown on the main listing (showing a very cross cat face) is different from that on the book you get; and it is different again from the cover you see if you click on the image to expand it.

Nokia 1208 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia 1208 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 22 Dec. 2009
This does what it does very well, and very cheaply. My only reservations are
1) the Amazon listing at the time implied that you needed to buy a charger separately, so I now have two
2) the instructions are just a leaflet. It took me a while to work out how to set up "Go To".

Perl Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
Perl Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
by Johan Vromans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and portable, 15 Nov. 2006
I keep a copy of this in my briefcase, so I'm never stuck when I can't remember the name of a function, or the order of its arguments. It isn't a replacement for the full Camel book, though. This book will only jog your memory: it won't teach you concepts.

Apache Jakarta Tomcat
Apache Jakarta Tomcat
by James Goodwill

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Apache Jakarta Tomcat (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me set up Tomcat 4. It helped me much less than I expected. I had hoped that it would give context and background, but it consisted mainly of step-by-step instructions, adding virtually nothing to the materials that come with the Tomcat download.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3