Profile for Bog Standard > Reviews

RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
Offered by R H A

2.0 out of 5 stars Two stars maybe one too many, 7 Nov 2013
For the price and when these headphones work they are great. But there is a design fault somewhere as the two pairs I have had failed after five months and then two. No sound in one bud both times.

Will give two Stars as they have at least offered me a new pair in replacement so I'll give the new set four months before they fail.

I want to support a UK business that creates quality goods which are not style over substance but this kit is a let down.

Thinks of UK Classic Cars. Great affordable style and will go great before breaking down and rusting to bits in the blink of an eye
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 3:28 PM GMT

D. L. Jardine's All Natural Cowboy Spicy Chilli Mix 453 g (Pack of 3)
D. L. Jardine's All Natural Cowboy Spicy Chilli Mix 453 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sauce Mix, 29 Sep 2013
Compared to the usual 'Gloopy' offerings found on the UK supermarket shelves this is lovely. 500g Minced beef a can of chopped tomatoes later it's happy days. Lovely earthy flavour of an authentic Chilli.

Doomsday [DVD]
Doomsday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rhona Mitra

2.0 out of 5 stars Distopian Twaddle, 18 April 2009
This review is from: Doomsday [DVD] (DVD)
All very silly and no original idea in sight. Mad Max meets 28 Days Later via Starship Troopers. Pity poor Bob Hoskins and Malcolm McDowell who ended up in this mess. Cannibalism in Glasgow but cows roaming around getting in the way of the search for the cure. Barely saved by leading actress who is very vivacious. Medieval bit was pure comedy.

Proto Acid The Berlin Sessions
Proto Acid The Berlin Sessions

4.0 out of 5 stars Marching Beats, 3 May 2007
Well you never quite know what to expect with AGCG and sometimes it can be a mixed bag. Not with this. From the start there is a rolling beat combined with crafted bubbling bleeps that pervade this album without ever becoming dull. It has to be listened to a complete piece of work as tracks come and go but all feel joined by a common theme. Bionick's review is spot on, this is classic acid house/techno re-invented 'but' has been made to feel fresh and rarely for me these days something that stands out. I really hope people pick up on this as it's very special from an artist that some may associate with something nostalgic. Leave Voodoo Ray behind and grab this.

Sony Walkman NW-E005/VMC 2GB MP3 Player - Violet
Sony Walkman NW-E005/VMC 2GB MP3 Player - Violet

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh No Not Again, 6 Oct 2006
Oh dear I don't have much luck with MP3 players. First the Creative Zen which had a hard drive that would crash if a butterfly's wing brushed past it. Then the much loved and lobbed (by many) iPod mini that has a battery life of zero, oddly enough 1 day after the warranty expires.

Now this wretched thing. On the positive side it's amazingly light and on first inspection a very appealing piece of gadgetry. It is basically a jazzed up USB memory stick which you can transfer music to and charge (Note: Cannot drag and drop using Windows though). The tiny menu display has more options and functions you would expect from such a small device and is intuitive to navigate using the few buttons it has.

The big gripe it seems about this product is SonicStage software. Well not with me as I found it quite easy to use and again quite intuitive. It did hang my laptop for brief periods but after all the fuss about it I was quite pleased. Perhaps try getting the latest version or use MP3FileManager which is supplied by Sony and is a very basic program that allows drag - drop to this device. For some reason they don't make it widely known.

Now the downside. Yes the display will not be too clear on such a small item but do not expect to see anything in daylight. So be warned and have your playlists ready to launch. Also don't expect to hear much music as the maximum volume does not blank out external sounds even using Sony in ear bud headphones.

I need an MP3 player to commute and to use down the gym. One to erase the sounds of travel and idiots yapping on their mobile phones and the other to erase the dreadful in-house gym music and me gasping for air. On both counts this device fails. Even at max it simply has no 'loudness' and the music sounds like it is coming through a couple of pillows attached to your ears. I am no spring chicken but am certainly not at the age where my hearing is beginning to go. I don't want an MP3 player which provides background music to the sounds around me.

Therefore it must have the JUNK + rating and mine is going back

Avoid.

Loco Roco (PSP)
Loco Roco (PSP)
Offered by AllGoodDealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiley Fun, 15 July 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Loco Roco (PSP) (Video Game)
I bought the PSP to try out and though it's a wonderful device it came with the standard F1 type racing game.........yawn. A search of other 'standard' type games didn't seem to get much better until this caught my eye.

I'm certainly no kid, so don't think this is just a child's game. It is a wonderful pick up and put down piece of joyous handheld gaming. More cute than a lorry load of kittens with vivid colours and yellow blobs that sing and bounce their way around. You will fall in love with them and they will make you smile. You navigate their way around short but fun maps; they chirp, chortle and get scared at hazards. To avoid hazards and obstacles you can spilt and join them into different numbers of yellow blobs.

Well yes it's not rocket science to play and the score/rewards you get seem unimportant. Just playing this game and entering the LocoRoco world is a pleasure in itself. It should be given to those who are permanently miserable as it can lift the spirits of the terminal grumpy. And that includes me!

Just buy, but if in doubt try the demo from the PSP web site. Like me after trying the demo you will be heading instantly to the nearest store or getting online to get the full version.

X-oom Movies on PSP
X-oom Movies on PSP

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants, 15 Jun 2006
This review is from: X-oom Movies on PSP (CD-ROM)
Not got a problem with the speed or the copyright protection. The problem after ignoring these two is that it doesn't work. Kick it off and went away for some time to leave it to convert. Everytime it hangs at the end of the process with no explanation. Have tried on different machines, different DVDs. Also hammers the CPU so the computer is pretty much useless to use for anything else while this dismal piece of software chugs along going nowhere.

The installation compressed is 100Mb and when installed 150Mb! This for a media conversion program. Says it all really.

Not fit for purpose.

Snivilisation
Snivilisation

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 24 Sep 2005
This review is from: Snivilisation (Audio CD)
I cannot agree more with the some of the reviews. You need to let this album soak into you to before you really appreciate the greatness. I am a big Orbital fan and frankly some of their later output (The Altogether especially) was lazy and just formulaic compared to this gem. I only think Orbital came close to this again with "The Middle of Nowhere."

Snivilisation has to be approached as a complete work and not sampled by playing odd tracks. I'm just glad I gave it a few tries and discovered the minimal crafted anger, beauty and depth.

Yikes; I know this all sounds a bit pretentious but this album really moved me and still does. I cannot rate it highly enough and I will still listen to it in years to come; not because of nostalgia but because it is a unique piece of raw intelligent electonica/techno.

Creative Zen Touch 40GB MP3 Player
Creative Zen Touch 40GB MP3 Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk Junk Junk, 11 Aug 2005
Could not bring myself to buy Apple so bought this so called 'Ipod killer.' It is quite chunky but when I got it it looked great and had good menu system and controls.
I wanted it mainly for running and going down the gym etc. In the gym and the thing drops off my waist clip several inches onto a foam mat and the hard disk is dead.
Painful return with Creative and I was without it for several weeks. I get it back and then read that the device is not recommended to be used in situations where it might move about. Great.
Don't buy unless you are static. I'm still dealing with it but I got an Ipod and I hate to say it's the nuts.