Profile for Mrs. C. M. Mitchell > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. M. Mit...

Mrs. C. M. Mitchell (Devon,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Morning of the Waking Dead (Little Whippendon Book 1)
Morning of the Waking Dead (Little Whippendon Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome read., 3 Jun 2013
From beginning to end this was a great read. Turns out the buttler didn't do it! Fantastic book by a fantastic author.

Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Terrible Secret
Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Terrible Secret
by Kristina Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sir Charlie, 18 Nov 2012
These books are fab! Stories that are funny, keep the children wanting to know what's going to happen next, great pictures, fun flaps, good for boys and girls!

Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Two Treasures
Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Two Treasures
by Kristina Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Sir Charlie Stinky Socks does it again!, 18 Nov 2012
All of the Sir Charlie Stinky Socks books are fab! They're funny, the illustration is great, the story keeps the child wanting to know what's going to happen next, the large flaps and pages that open out add a bit of extra fun, and the stories in general are good for either boys or girls! My youngest is 5 and my eldest is 8 and they both love them!

Agent Amelia: Hypno Hounds
Agent Amelia: Hypno Hounds
by Michael Broad

5.0 out of 5 stars My 7 year old Amela loves these books!, 23 Dec 2011
My daughter collects this series and now has three. They are suitable for average to high ability readers of around 7 years old. The book consists of three short stories of the adventures of a girl spy who stops "evil geniuses" and "criminal masterminds" from "trying to take over the world!" The stories are funny (for the age group!) and they certainly keep my child interested in reading!

Crayola 50 Washable Supertips (12 Silly Scents)
Crayola 50 Washable Supertips (12 Silly Scents)
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars You can always rely on Crayola!, 22 Nov 2011
Great pack of pens with many different shades. My kids have Crayola supertips already (which are now running out after a lot of use!) but they are always complaining of needing different shades. When Crayola say their pens are washable they mean exactly that! I have never had any trouble getting the pen off their clothes, no matter what colour, in a normal daily wash cycle of 30 degrees!
I did feel this set was expensive, but as they are for Christmas, and I know they will get used constantly, I ordered one pack between them!
Also (and I guess this accounts for the price a bit) there is the added extra of some scented pens, which I'm sure the kids will find fun!

2 Zombie Cows! (Agent Amelia)
2 Zombie Cows! (Agent Amelia)
by Michael Broad

4.0 out of 5 stars My seven year old Amelia loves this!, 22 Nov 2011
My daughter, Amelia, is collecting the whole series of Agent Amelia books as she loves them! They are divided into three short stories of different adventures of a girl spy who saves the world from 'criminal masterminds and evil geniuses who want to take over the world!' The books are funny, easy to read and does include some illustration.
What I will say about this particular copy is it is the American version, so of course spellings vary, but there are only one or two words that are different and if your child is able to read this themselves then they are old enough for you to explain to them why the spellings are different, and it is good for them to learn as American spellings pop up a lot in life!

James And The Giant Peach [DVD] [1996]
James And The Giant Peach [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Paul Terry
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic family film!, 18 Nov 2011
Definitely a genuine DVD not a copy, which is a worry when you buy DVDs online I know! Arrived quickly and safely too.
Great film, as all Roald Dahl films are! Bought this after my daughter read the book for the first time and loved the story. Film is a mix between live-action and animation and is what you expect from any other Tim Burton film! Fabulous fun!

Roald Dahl 15 Book Box Set (Slipcase) Includes Matilda, Witches, The Twits, Fantastic Mr Fox, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Georges Marvellous Medicine, The BFG, Danny the Champion of the World....
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the fantastic Roald Dahl, enough said!!!, 25 Oct 2011
How could anyone not love Roald Dahl?! I read these when I was a child & now I am buying them for my own children to read after my eldest (aged 7) borrowed James & the Giant Peach from the library and loved it!! Timeless classic children's books, as good now as they ever where! And this box set is fantastic value for money, a must-have for all children!
This seller is particularly fab too, books arrived speedily and well-packaged, ready to stash away for Christmas!!

250ML Water Based Blackboard Paint for Indoor or Outdoor Use 3563
250ML Water Based Blackboard Paint for Indoor or Outdoor Use 3563
Offered by Glitz Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic & easy to use!, 21 July 2011
Bought this to create an outdoor blackboard for the garden for our children to draw on.
It has not yet been put up outside so I cannot yet write a review about it's weatherproof qualities, (I would imagine that review would be best after it's been weathered by at least 4 seasons!?), but what I can say is a little goes a long way, and it is very easy to use!
Does not dry streaky, in fact on the ply-wood board I used it on I got a perfect finish! One tin will easily do 2 coats on a 2 metre squared area. I bought 2 tins so I have lots for possible re-coats once the weather has been at it a while (just in case!) Fabulous stuff!

Animal Lives: Giraffes (QED Animal Lives)
Animal Lives: Giraffes (QED Animal Lives)
by Sally Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for 7 year old who loves giraffes!!, 23 Jun 2011
Great book!! Bought for my 7 year old who adores giraffes!

Great pictures and lots of easy to read, interesting facts!! Good for key stage 2 age children.

Good seller. Worried about distance, but arrived well within the allocated time!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3