Profile for Mr. M. P. Dibley > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. P. Dibley

Mr. M. P. Dibley (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
My Autobiography (Penguin Modern Classics)
My Autobiography (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Charlie Chaplin

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read about a very interesting star, 30 April 2015
A very good read about a very interesting star. I'm not a huge Chaplin fan for his films but thought it would be interesting to see how the film industry worked all those years ago, going from silent to talkies and so on. Entertaining.

In the Heat of the Night [DVD] [1967]
In the Heat of the Night [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Sidney Poitier

5.0 out of 5 stars I suddenly thought that I hadn't seen this for such ..., 30 April 2015
I suddenly thought that I hadn't seen this for such a long time but it would probably be a bit dated now. It's not, and had the same impact as when last seen years ago. Don't think about it, press the button !

More or Less (Coronet Books)
More or Less (Coronet Books)
by Kenneth More

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this a very good autobiography. It's written in such a way that ..., 30 April 2015
I thought this a very good autobiography. It's written in such a way that you can hear Kenneth More's every word.

Bosmere C610 3-Seat Bench Cover 64-Inch Long x 26-Inch Deep x 35-Inch High Back x 25-Inch Front
Offered by Oasis Gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it covered, 30 April 2015
Seemed a bit pricey until I saw it. Very well designed & made, fits my bench exactly. Cover & bench should last a lifetime.

Symphony No. 3 'Organ Symphony' [Leonard Slatkin, Vincent Warnier; Orchestre National de Lyon] [NAXOS: 8573331]

3.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, sorry about the contents., 26 Feb. 2015
I really looked forward to receiving this and listening to the newly restored organ, with Slatkin conducting. Having played it, I thought that the only complaint I had was in the Poco Adagio, where a microphone appears too close to a bass pipe and is far too loud compared to the rest of the orchestra. Other than that the rest was o.k.. Having just played it again, I then put on my Barenboim version from 1976, the last movement, without altering the amp., and it had me pinned against the wall. The sound is amazing and really does knock spots off this new version. Having heard about five different versions over the years, Barenboims, to me, remains outstanding.

Vacuum Cleaner Belt: Pack of 2: Dyson DC01 DC04 DC07 DC14
Vacuum Cleaner Belt: Pack of 2: Dyson DC01 DC04 DC07 DC14
Offered by THE ELECTRICAL SHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 22 Feb. 2015
They are a lot smaller than the ones they replace,(obviously the old ones have stretched), and that makes them very hard to fit. Once on, great. I will say Easier Said Than Done !

Bosch Compact All Floor Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, 1.9 Litre, 2000 Watt
Bosch Compact All Floor Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, 1.9 Litre, 2000 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice., 22 Feb. 2015
Only had it two days and very pleased. It's easy to use, quite quiet, and gets the dogs fur off our very long twist pile carpet. Deals well with cleaning floor boards. Nicely made as expected from Bosch.

Brush Roller Bar For Dyson DC04, DC07 & DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Brush Roller Bar For Dyson DC04, DC07 & DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 22 Feb. 2015
Just the job, but a real s_d to fit together with a new belt. You'd think the new belt is too small but after half an hour of swearing it's worth it. Good value and a marked improvement to the vacuum cleaner.

Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Place Food Here Padded Lap Tray
Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Place Food Here Padded Lap Tray

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 22 Feb. 2015
It's O.K. but has a few stains on the woodwork that make it look a bit second hand. It works though.

Philips HQ5826 Compatible Blades Heads Pack of 3
Philips HQ5826 Compatible Blades Heads Pack of 3
Offered by Gagi Spares

4.0 out of 5 stars A good job., 22 Feb. 2015
Sharper than those I replaced, but not as comfortable on the face. Perhaps they need wearing in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7