Profile for ZeroZero > Reviews

ZeroZero

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 20 Oct. 2012
Perfect solution to the nagging problem of non-UK two-pin plugs! After putting up with using a cheap shaver socket adapter for an expensive hardware mixing desk this solved the problem perfectly.

Great product at great price. The ability to firmly "clamp" the connection is well implemented.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 20 Oct. 2012
I can only add to the many positive reviews already mentioned here. This is a quality well-built product offering exceptional value. Highly recommended.

DiRT 3 (PC-DVD)
DiRT 3 (PC-DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic game but ruined by inability to save game progress, 27 April 2012
This review is from: DiRT 3 (PC-DVD) (Computer Game)
I've got Dirt 2 and love it -- the very best driving game I've ever had. When the price of Dirt 3 dropped below a tenner and having read the positive reviews posted here I thought I'd give it a go.

I really do not like Games for Windows Live, or Steam for that matter, but as I had very little trouble using GFWL with Dirt 2 I did not expect any issues or problems.

The game installed fine and seemed initially to run perfectly. I set-up my wheel controller, saved all the settings and pressed on into the game loving it. However when I reloaded the game several hours later my original profile I had created with all my settings was missing, and so was my game progress. Several hours later faffing around with my GFWL account settings and going bonkers I checked out the forums on the Codemasters site only to find that this is a real problem mainly with W7 64bit machines. Despite hundreds of complaints Codemasters have still not issued any patch to fix this. So you are unable to save your progress through the game!

Basically the game is totally not fit for purpose.

I followed Amazon returns procedure and asked for a refund. Over 5 weeks later I had heard nothing back from Amazon so contacted them again. I got an apology and a full refund within a couple of hours.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 4:30 PM BST

Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best FPS I've played, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Crysis 2 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I played the original Crysis when it first came out and was disappointed when it got to the alien section so I put off getting Crysis 2, especially as the early reviewers/comments regarding problems running it in W7 64bit. When the price fell to less than a tenner and it had been patched, especially with the free downloadable 64bit texture pack available I thought I would give it a go.

I'm very pleased I did. It's one of the best FPS I've ever played! The graphics are fantastic. Some of the levels are epic in scale and take your breath away. Other's had complained that the play area was restrictive but I got no real sense of this being "on rails". The landscape in which most of the battle sequences play out is very well designed and enables plenty of different opportunities to explore tactics.

Even the AI was quite good and the game contained no noticeable bugs or major glitches (like the first game) -- the 64 bit version played like a dream on my machine running a quad-core 3Ghz with 8GB ram with the graphics tweaked high on an old 8800 GTX.

As soon as I completed the game I started again playing it through a second time. I have only ever done this once before (Deadspace 2).

Although I'm not a fan of restrictive DRM, at below a tenner this game is a must have for any games lover.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3