Profile for ZeroZero > Reviews

Content by ZeroZero

ZeroZero

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit - Black (24.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by WAA Electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Back focus issue requires Nikon re-calibration., 16 Sept. 2013
Written: 04-06-2014

I bought this camera back in September 2013 and initially was impressed by the apparent quality of the images. However when enlarged in a picture editor the results were consistently soft focus. I thought this might be caused by the supplied stock 18-55mm lens inability to resolve the full detail of the 24.2MP sensor.

I compared some pictures I had previously shot on a Fuji 4MP camera with those on the D3200 at full resolution and the Fuji results were far superior! Something seriously wrong here.

Reading the review listed by Vitamino -- 2 May 2014 about a back-focus error threw some light on the issue.

To cut a long story short after Nikon UK making me jump through endless hoops I returned the camera, and additional lenses I had bought in the meantime, to Nikon UK under Warranty to be checked and re-calibrated.

The subsequent before and after difference is like chalk and cheese. Now I have an excellent camera that really produces extremely sharp and detailed shots and now I know, for sure, that the lenses are perfect too.

I give this re-calibrated camera 5 stars and Nikon UK one star for extremely disappointing and frustrating customer service.

Check the quality of your pictures thoroughly and if they start going soft focus at 150% enlargement then you know exactly what the problem is. Contact Nikon and request the camera is re-calibrated under Warranty. I can assure you the inconvenience and frustration of dealing directly with Nikon is well worth it if you value superior technical results.

Do hope this helps and thanks to Vitamino.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2014 4:46 PM GMT

Dishonored (PC DVD)
Dishonored (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FPS since Half-Life 2, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Dishonored (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The title says it all. Very original game world envisioned by Half-Life 2 art director Viktor Antonov. So there's a similar feel to this as HL2 except this has far better graphics and in many ways better design. Most reviewers have said it all already. The good thing is you can quick save progress (F5 key) at any time, anywhere which is a great relief rather than charging blindly ahead in an attempt just to reach some unknown auto-save point. You can also save to disk as another option, so if you die you can re-load from that point too. (The game does auto-save at various stages too BTW)

Excellent game at last. A real joy to play, possibly again and again, there's really that much in it. I also had no issues installing from DVD and activating via Steam (I have an account already). There's no massive mega GB download update patches to get so up and running real fast and straight into the game, which is also refreshing.

You really do have to stop and consider your path through the levels. Ammunition for various weapons and health is not plentiful so you have to consider your options very carefully. The RPS side of things is well implemented and doesn't keep getting in the way all the time. (You don't have to stop and keep swapping your items around in the inventory all the time like other well known and extremely irritating RPS games).

I got this for a tenner -- excellent value for a great game. A thinking man's shooter and bags of fun. One of the all-time best FPS so far.

Anvenor Tosui Short Rolls of Joy of The Heart Incense Sticks
Anvenor Tosui Short Rolls of Joy of The Heart Incense Sticks

1.0 out of 5 stars Bewarned -- you don't get a box of sticks! Only a slim packet., 4 July 2013
Very angry. After trawling through many similar options I thought this was a good deal. It certainly appears so on the product page.

A full box of Incense Sticks for six pounds. The title says "Anvenor Tosui Short Rolls of Joy of The Heart Incense Sticks" and clearly shows a full box with the words "10 bundles". Excellent value I thought which prompted me to part with my money and place an order.

However all I received was one small rolled packet of sticks! Angry and very disappointed.

I've just been back to check the product advert again, as I thought this might be classed as misrepresentation, however clicking on the "See more product details" link reveals the truth of the product details hidden away below the normal screen shot:

"Box Contains
1 x short roll TOSUI incense sticks approx 28 sticks".

Don't be fooled by this product. You DO NOT GET A BOX.

A very shoddy deal. Very disappointed with Amazon on this one. I simply cannot be bothered to return the product for a refund -- it's not worth the hassle.

LifeVenture Travel DriStore Body Wallet Chest 180 x 135 x 5 mm 50g
LifeVenture Travel DriStore Body Wallet Chest 180 x 135 x 5 mm 50g
Offered by Sub Zero Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 May 2013
I bought this for a trip to India. It worked extremely well. Held my Passport, travel docs, tickets, credit card and loads of cash money.

Safe and secure, very comforting when travelling rough, non-stop for many days at a time. In fact never took it off (except to shower) and yes it is very very comfortable. Can wear directly next to the skin. Wore mine so it hung on the side snug near my armpit. Even in this position can open it up and access what I want even in busy situations, although always best to carry small amounts of ready money in trouser/shirt pockets. Good internal waterproofing plastic-seal -- keeps everything dry which is important in a hot country.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 May 2013
After updating my display monitors to 2x24 inch, the video card upgrade was next. My old GTX 8800 (still running well after almost 5 years) was replaced by this one. Easy to install at half the size and runs quietly (and at half the temperature) and seriously outperforms my old 8800 and now gives me DirectX 11 too.

Running the latest games pretty much maxed-out and the level of display detail is truly astonishing.

Big bang for the buck. Highly recommend it.

Not Your Kind Of People [Deluxe]
Not Your Kind Of People [Deluxe]

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Mastering ruins this album, 25 Feb. 2013
I love Garbage, I think their work is great. However this album is completely ruined by bad mastering. What do I mean by that? Well most tracks are brick-wall limited to produce the maximum perceived "loudness". This process seriously reduces the dynamic range of the recorded material, produces harshness and makes the listening experience most unpleasant.

My work includes recording and mastering and have analysed these tracks in great detail... Butch Vig, in fact everyone involved, should be ashamed. There is really no excuse for this under any circumstances.

If you buy this product you won't be able to listen to it without getting a headache. It's really that simple.

Such a shame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 4:50 PM BST

Meditation Cushion, Support Cushion - Zafu (Buckwheat) Zen Black
Meditation Cushion, Support Cushion - Zafu (Buckwheat) Zen Black
Offered by Blue Banyan

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, exactly as expected., 29 Oct. 2012
This is one of those essential purchases if you spend a lot of time sitting in meditation. It will transform and maintain perfect posture -- essential for total physical stress-free relaxation.

I removed a few handfuls of the buckwheat husks to slightly lower the height of the Zafu which was easy to do, just open the Velcro under the handle strap.

Really does make a huge difference to sitting, well worth the price. Highly recommended.

CASIO REPLACEMENT STRAP FOR W-96H-1
CASIO REPLACEMENT STRAP FOR W-96H-1
Offered by tiktoxuk

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, exactly as expected., 29 Oct. 2012
A bit pricey but still cheaper than buying another replacement watch. This is the third watch I've had and after a couple of years the strap always splits, shame. In the past bought another watch for the same thing to happen again. This time bought the strap.

Be careful to keep the 4 small screws when replacing strap as the supplied product does not come with the screws.

Cheaper than a new watch.

Eschenbach Round 2.5x Hand Magnifier with Additional Lens
Eschenbach Round 2.5x Hand Magnifier with Additional Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 20 Oct. 2012
I've had one of these on my desk for a few years now, it was my father's, and it has proved very useful in many ways.

I thought I would buy another for my partner's birthday as I knew she would appreciate one too.

Arrived very promptly, wonderful product, very well designed, light yet strong with perfect optics.

Anyone struggling to read very small print would greatly appreciate this product.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 20 Oct. 2012
Perfect solution to the nagging problem of non-UK two-pin plugs! After putting up with using a cheap shaver socket adapter for an expensive hardware mixing desk this solved the problem perfectly.

Great product at great price. The ability to firmly "clamp" the connection is well implemented.

Highly recommended.