Profile for Rose > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Amazon PowerFast USB to Micro USB Cable for Accelerated Charging
Amazon PowerFast USB to Micro USB Cable for Accelerated Charging

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very durable, 31 Mar. 2016
Lasts for only a couple of months, you can extend its use for a bit more by using insulated tape - kind of like duct tape but much safer. However I find myself buying this product every 5 months or so, it has the same durability as an iPhone usb cable which is really bad. (From my experience)

The wires inside the cable could be insulated/protected better in my opinion. The more you bend it over time the more flimsy it gets, when some wires exposed I taped it - although taping it doesn't fix the issue altogether. I noticed the charging speed slows considerably when the cable has degraded from use over time.

I'm just hanging on 3 stars, due to the price not being too high. Unlike Apple who have a ridiculous price tag of £25 just for a usb charge cable. I bought an alternative cable which is way cheaper and actually has better protection and insulation. For the Kindle Fire I think this charger is 'okay', it depends how long it will last you. Considering how the price isn't too bad, I've given it a fair rating. It serves its purpose, for a while.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out

3.0 out of 5 stars Tapped Out, 28 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
An okay game. However it's poorly optimised for the Kindle Fire - that's obvious when it keeps crashing every time I play the game for a mere 5 minutes before it decides to crash on me again. 3/5, would be more if I could play the game for more than 5 lousy minutes. I find myself rushing to make sure all the characters have set priorities so that the money comes in before the game crashes, this shouldn't be an issue.

ESPRIT Women's 095EE1I017 Mohair Sweater Long Sleeve Jumper, Bottle Green, Size 14 (Manufacturer Size:Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and airy, 28 Sept. 2015
I chose a Large Bottle Green and it looks and feels fantastic. It's not a tight sweater, it's loose and airy which I like. It can feel itchy from time to time but you seem to forget about it after a while, if it's cold outside I'd recommend wearing something underneath as it's not that thick however it does provide some warmth if it's cool weather but not freezing.

The packaging and delivery was superb, I'd definitely recommend this.

IX
IX
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Sails, 25 Jan. 2015
Fantastic, loved the first season. This episode sheds some light on Flints backstory, a great start to a new season!

Deadwood Season 3
Deadwood Season 3
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadwood, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Deadwood Season 3 (Amazon Video)
Brilliant. Such an amazing series that unfortunately stopped at season 3. The acting is brilliant, it's definitely worth a watch. It's a shame that 'Deadwood' is well... dead. If anyone is interested in another western tv series, I would recommend Hell on Wheels from AMC which returns for it's next season this August of 2014.

The Sims 3: 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff (PC DVD)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Something to expect from a Stuff Pack, 27 Jan. 2013
This Stuff Pack has 36 build/buy objects though I have been told that it's actually 29. Before buying this, I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of stuff because it's something to expect. An Expansion would have 80+ or so build/buy objects? So knowing this helps you to decide whether or not you choose to buy this. Both males and females have new hair styles though they are limited. There are only two new hair styles which are the same on both gender. Females have two new accessories for their hair. But nothing for males. Not even an afro for this stuff pack, which is something we would have wanted!

The clothing for males is pretty limited too but there are a few outfits that do look nice. Females have twice as much, and no new accessories! There's one outfit for Teens I think and nothing for Children or Toddlers.

The build/buy objects are what you expect from each type of decade associating with the 70's 80's & 90's. Unfortunately these are again, limited. Most people will be disappointed by the amount of items/clothing that's not in this Stuff Pack. I personally bought this to complete my collection, however 'Katy Perry's Sweet Treats' doesn't count in my opinion, that is something I'd never purchase unless for an 8 year old who loves virtual candy. Compared to that stuff pack, this beats it in all ways. At least this pack has.. 'normality' in it.

The best thing about this Stuff Pack is the new music included in your sims favourites and on music stations. The new genres include - Rock, Rap and Disco. I noticed a few songs that were from the Sims 2, a nice touch indeed EA.

To conclude, If you think you will buy this to complete your collection as I have then go ahead. The important thing to note, is to ask yourself 'Will I use the stuff that is included in this pack?' Because what would be the point of buying this and not using the stuff unless you wanted to complete the collection! If you don't think this is for you, then save your money for the new University Life Expansion coming March 8th.

THE Sims 3: University Life (PC DVD)

Also, a good review to help you is by someone called LGR on Youtube.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 9:30 AM GMT

Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (PS3)
Offered by b68solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 5, 1 Dec. 2012
I bought this game from the Playstation Network Store, and I have to say the anticipation to play this game was beyond belief. But once I got into the game, beat a few levels, defended my territory; that's when it get's repetitive. The story is okay, the graphics are beautiful... But this just seems like another spin-off from the ultimate game that we know and truly love. The last fantastic game I played In the series was 'Tools of Destruction' and 'A crack in Time' and those were great. I have played Every ratchet and clank game apart from all these 'spin-offs' because they didn't appeal to me. But when I saw this one it looked like it had some potential, and it did.

I think Insomniac might continue to make the spin-offs but the original games with actual story and gameplay is where it's at.

The gameplay is repetitive, running from one area to the other, defending, then attacking over and over again. I had fun with the first few levels but then it started to get boring. It didn't feel like I was playing the real thing, It felt weird without having Clank on my back. But again, this is a spin-off and feels cheesy!

The visuals are pretty amazing, kind of similar to 'Tools of Destruction'. But this feels more cartoony, especially how they made Clank's head huge.

The humor is still there, a few cheesy lines but I still chuckle from time to time. Including humor, the voice acting was great too.

The story I haven't yet completed but so far it's okay. It's definitely not as good as 'Tools of Destruction'.

This game also includes a co-op mode which you can play online or locally. I had more fun playing with a partner, it made the levels a little easier and more enjoyable. However the matchmaking is pretty bad. I waited nearly 15 minutes to be paired up with someone online, which had no excuse because I have a good connection and broadband speed. So I played co-op with my brother instead, and the split-screen isn't that bad. The local co-op is probably one of the best things about this game rather than the online mode.

Another bad point is later on after a few levels, enemy waves begin to get more difficult. I remember having to protect two barriers at once, with a tonne of enemies on each side with tanks. It started to get ridiculous, you'll find that you have to keep on moving! they destroy your defenses pretty easily, and also your turrets. That's when it begins to get quite frustrating. So having a partner to co-op with gives some extra help!

If you're a Ratchet and Clank fan like myself, then you'll stumble upon this game with great anticipation. However, you might be let down unless this repetitive issue doesn't bother you. Overall it's a good game, not great but good.

However I think Insomniac should focus more on the actual series rather than spending time on these silly 'spin off' games. 3/5.

Beautiful Coco Wood & Hematite Bead Beads Surf Surfer Style Necklace - Different Colours Available - YOU CHOOSE - STYLE A

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 Dec. 2012
I bought this necklace a while ago, and has stayed in good condition. The delivery was on time and handled with care. The beads and colours look warming and bold. I recommend this to anyone!

Sour Cherry Vintage Guns and Roses Necklace (18 Inch silver plated chain)
Sour Cherry Vintage Guns and Roses Necklace (18 Inch silver plated chain)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 Dec. 2012
I bought this a month ago and have worn it since. I clean or (polish) it with a simple tissue, and has looked great ever since I bought it. It's nicely crafted and looks great. It's a good Idea to take off the necklace before a bath or shower. Overall though, it's a lovely necklace. Cheers!

Vans Unisex-Adult Era Neoprene (Neoprene) Black/Scuba Blue Trainer VNKO5KY 8 UK
Vans Unisex-Adult Era Neoprene (Neoprene) Black/Scuba Blue Trainer VNKO5KY 8 UK
Offered by Sports-Sector

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Dec. 2012
I ordered the Black/Scuba Blue a few months ago and they are still in good condition. I love the colours but the blue caught my eye. Delivery was on time and arrived well. The shoes fit my size 8 feet, and are comfy! I recommend these to anyone who adore Vans products or just want a nice pair of Trainers!

Page: 1 | 2