Profile for Pap > Reviews

Pap "Pap" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Avent bottle handles, 1 May 2012
I purchased this produce for my 10 month old.

As other reviewers have said, you expect to get two different colours but we had two blue handles delivered. I don't mind that we received two blue handles (I'd rather that than pink) but I wish there was an option to select colours when ordering.

The handles fit on to the bottle tops before screwing the teats on. My daughter has only just realised that she can hold the bottle herself but seems to hold everything but the handle.

All in all, a good product. I have no complaints but unfortunately it is just an alright product. We'd survive without them if we needed to but I got them to help my daughter learn to hold her bottle herself - I suspect that she'll hold everywhere but the handles though. On a good note, when the bottle ends up being thrown on the floor at least it doesn't roll across the other side of the room now!

Bright Starts Cozy Cart Cover (Blue)
Bright Starts Cozy Cart Cover (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cart Cover, 1 May 2012
We purchased this for our year old daughter. Shopping was always a nightmare and especially since we emigrated as the trolleys aren't quite the same standard as the UK (and that's saying something!).

I feel a bit of a numpty using it but my daughter loves it (we ignore the looks of strangers!). On the colder days it's useful for keeping her a bit warmer and we're able to give her things to keep her occupied without them falling on the floor (my keys and purse are usually prime examples of me searching the store looking for them after our shop).

The reason I've not given 5 stars is because I wish it had a waterproof bottom so you could use it on wet trolleys.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)
Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dog toy we've got!, 1 May 2012
We purchased this for our daughter. She had worked her way through lots of teethers without much success. The gel and water ones that we froze seemed to be dropped quickly and she didn't seem to take like them much. My SIL was using "Sophie" for my nephew and my daughter used to love taking it off him and got very upset when we took it away so we HAD to get one!

I read the bad reviews on Amazon so when it arrived I scrubbed it and pulled it around to try and get bits off to check its safety. My daughter loves playing with it but most of all so does our dog! Now, this will prove how safe the squeaker is....if our toy poodle can't get the squeak out of it then neither can our daughter and it gets scrubbed clean at least twice a day now too! She doesn't quite understand that it's for teething but does love having it to play with as a toy and squeaks it with her hands rather than biting (unlike the dog).

I would recommend this product, not only as a teether but also as a toy. It is lightweight and easy for little hands to hold.

CBeebies - Greatest Hits [DVD]
CBeebies - Greatest Hits [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright....but not perfect, 1 May 2012
I purchased this for my daughter's first birthday. We moved to NZ and Amazon ship here which was great and the delivery time was quick.

The DVD contains two discs. The first has the programmes and the second has songs. I was a little disappointed to turn the first programme on (Teletubbies) only to find that it was a song NOT a programme. The other shows it includes are Balamory, Charlie and Lola, The Roly Mo Show, 3rd & Bird, Lazy Town, Tweenies, Harry and Toto, Boogie Beebies, Little Robots, Fimbly Songtime, Tommy Zoom, Big Cook Little Cook, The Koala Brothers and dirtgirlworld.

The second disc has the songs This is Cbeebies (a favourite!), Get Set Go, Discover and Do, Lunchtime, Birthday, Big Fun Time, Sunset, Good night, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Weekend (another favourite in our house!).

As a "Greatest Hits" DVD I was expecting some Waybulloo, In the Night Garden, Baby Jake, Chuggington and Grandpa In My Pocket - at least some of the programmes that my daughter watched occasionally. As it turns out half of the shows we never watched in the UK.

The second disc is good although (as with the Bedtime Hour DVD) the Goodbye Sun song video was a little out of date.

All in all, an alright DVD. My daughter doesn't watch much TV yet so it'll be good for her to have something to watch when we're in on a rainy day (NZ TV is awful and we have no cbeebies equivalent) but I wish it had some familiar shows.

CBeebies - Bedtime [DVD]
CBeebies - Bedtime [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cbeebies

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs updating, 1 May 2012
This review is from: CBeebies - Bedtime [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this DVD for my daughter's first birthday. We have moved to New Zealand and I was amazed that Amazon shipped here.

When we were in the UK we used Cbeebies as part of our bedtime routine. Her favourite programs (albeit the only programmes that we watched between meal, bath and milk) were In The Night Garden and Waybuloo and also the songs (goodbye sun and the goodnight song). Unfortunately I found that the only programmes that we wanted to watch were the only ones not on the DVD. The Goodbye Sun song was an old version showing some old presenters singing who aren't on cbeebies anymore. The newer version (2011 at least) was animated - it didn't show the presenters singing.

The DVD has the programmes Charlie and Lola, Fimbles, Me Too!, Teletubbies, Jackanory Junior, The Roly Mo Show, Little Robots, Balamory, Tweenies and another Charlie and Lola. The songs that the DVD has are Good Night, Pui's strange new worlds, Sunset song (goodbye sun in our house!). The DVD also states that you can set a bedtime mode (selecting an episode of your choice which is then followed by the goodnight song) but this has never worked for us.

This is a DVD that the BBC could easily update with newer programmes and I'd definitely purchase another one. I would also like the feature of being able to select more than one song and one programme for a bedtime routine (like the bedtime mode but more advanced).

I wish I could give this DVD more stars but the reason for getting the DVD is not on here. It can however get 3 stars because we'll be able to make a new bedtime routine with the different programmes - not all is lost!

Brother Max Slimline Milk Powder Dispenser
Brother Max Slimline Milk Powder Dispenser
Offered by Santé Sans Souci

4.0 out of 5 stars Mandatory for the changing bag!, 26 Sep 2011
I purchased this product when I started weaning my daughter on to formula at 6 months.

There are three compartments and a spout that spins to each compartment to tip and pour the formula in to the bottle. It also comes with a funnel type device to fit perfectly to the top so that no powder accidentally misses when filling and then the lid fits snugly on top. Each compartment fits 7 scoops of formula.

I fill mine each morning and use throughout the day - it lives next to my kettle and bottles. I love the fact that I have three feeds in one dispenser - saving time and space in my changing bag for days out too.

The only reason I have not given 5 stars is because it is quite difficult to thoroughly dry after washing and sterilising (I microwave sterilise mine and have not had any problems like a previous reviewer) but it is achievable with kitchen roll rolled up/folded to the right size with time and effort (although who has the time with a baby?!).

One word of warning though - turn the spout so that it isn't in line with a hole when not in use otherwise the powder will go in to the spout and you risk losing some when you open it up to pour in to the bottle.

First-Time Parent: The honest guide to coping brilliantly and staying sane in your baby's first year
by Lucy Atkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Calming, humerous & informative, 16 Aug 2011
This book may be small compared with others but it's full of all the basic essentials that you'll need to know in an easy to read style - so much so that you'll find yourself laughing out loud!

In the early days of motherhood I reached for this book regularly - it answered lots of questions about problems in breastfeeding when you feel like the only person in the world having problems and has since helped with long haul flights and numerous other things that crop up along the way.

Although other baby books answer questions regarding sleep schedules how many tell you in detail how to change a nappy or what to put in your changing bag?!!!

We used this book to keep me sane together with another baby book to help in more detailed things (William Sears). This book is also good for the father to read - rugby ball and bottom springs to mind from the book!

I would recommend this book if you want just one easy read but you may find it to be quite basic in information and end up buying another anyway.

The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars My bible!, 16 Aug 2011
As with all pregnancy and baby related products, everything is very personal. I read nearly all the baby books and found this one to be closer to how I wanted to raise my first child. Nobody expects you to take EVERYTHING that the Sears' say to do - you take the bits that you like and the bits that work for you and your child. There are no schedules or strict regimes. This is an easy book to read that doesn't make you feel guilty if you don't do them - there are suggestions for things and reasons behind them and I like the approachable manner it has been written.

Until I read his book I was discouraged from co-sleeping with my baby for fear of suffocation. How wrong I was. The first decent night's kip I had was when she fell asleep with us and she stayed that way for nearly 3 months until she moved to her crib next to our bed. I also now use a sling for walks instead of taking her in her pram. Again, this is something that wouldn't suit everyone but for 8 weeks she cried if I so much as thought about putting her down so it suited us and she's now a contented happy little 5 month old that will happily play with her toys on the floor. I was also made to feel guilty by people (including health visitors!) when I told them that I demand fed but this is something that's encouraged by the Sears' - again, my daughter only cries now when she's hungry or has a very good reason! I'm pleased that I trusted my maternal instincts and used what worked for us.

I truly believe that a big reason she is a contented baby is because I didn't start her on strict schedules or leaving her to cry herself to sleep - I'm really pleased that I got this book and it'll last for up to 2 years with any little things that may pop up. It has become my encyclopedia for general things that arise along the way so I'll be topping up my knowledge of weaning in a couple of weeks (which also has some excellent suggestions to find out what flavours your baby likes) and then moving on to the next chapter!

I would strongly recommend this book to any first-time parents who (like me) have no idea what happens when you get home from the hospital with a baby! It's an easy read and a good way to having a contended baby...I just wish I'd got it before having my daughter and not waiting for 8 weeks!

Tippitoes Mini Bath (White)
Tippitoes Mini Bath (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for tall babies!, 16 Aug 2011
This is an excellent baby bath - proven to me when the hv from the hospital came over and showed us how to do the first bath for our daughter - she was so impressed that she wanted to know where we'd got it so she could recommend to others.

It has built in baby support for the head with a cushioned area for baby's head and a bit in the actual bath where baby's bum sits with legs either side. Our baby is now 5 months and has reached a length where she stretches her legs so much that her head comes over the end so we can't clean in all the neck folds properly and I'm sure it'll reach a stage where she dislikes baths if we carry on too much longer so we're moving to the 'big' bath soon.

All in all, and excellent bath for newborns up to about 5 months (in our case) and I wouldn't have been without it even if it has been short lived - it saves spending a fortune on warm water for the big bath!

We didn't experience any problems with the plug but we also don't use it all that much - we simply tip the water out in to our bath to empty.

Vital Baby Small Freezer Pots (Pack of 8)
Vital Baby Small Freezer Pots (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good plastic pots, 16 Aug 2011
As a first time mum, I was surprised by how tiny these pots are! When I showed a friend she informed me that when you're weaning they (babies) don't eat much which is why they'd be so small! The things you learn in parenthood along the way!!!

The pots are a bright colour (making mealtimes fun if you're out and about), are freezer safe and have a push bottom so you can freeze the food into portions before putting in freezer bags with all the others. I find this a good way of storing food and then the pots are free for making more yummy food!

The pots stack together so you don't end up opening the cupboard door and everything falling on the floor and they make a great game for toddler guests if you're stuck for ideas!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3