Profile for RAB78 > Reviews

Xshot Extender Pole Holder for Smartphone
Xshot Extender Pole Holder for Smartphone
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not for LG G3, 12 Mar. 2015
I was looking for something to mount my phone to my camera rig so i could use it as a small monitor with the DSLR Controller app.
I have the Arkon MG279 Mobile-Grip 2 which holds my phone in my car and can be detached from the suction base to use on a tripod via the screw thread. This works great but i wanted something dedicated to the job and a little longer lasting. The Arkon has a plastic screw thread.
The Xshot holder looked promising and had so many great reviews but i wondered if it would fit my phone and case, the LG G3 with the Spigen Slim Armour. There is no information about which phones are compatible in the description so i asked but got no answers.
I went ahead and bought it anyway.
Today it arrived and although it does fit the LG G3 without the case, it's very tight and hard to attach as you have to stretch it to it's limit which can't be good for it. I can't comfortably recommend it for that particular phone. With the case on was out of the question.
The actual length the Xshot extends to is 8cm/3". That being the distance between the inside of the rubber grips. The LG G3 is exactly 8cm with the case on but the case makes it too fat for both rubber grips to clamp onto it. The top grip pulls the case off the phone while the bottom doesn't even wrap around.
The thing itself is great looking. The rubber grips hold the phone rock solid. The whole thing feels very well made and seems built to last.
If only there was a slightly larger version. I was gonna give it 3 stars but decided to put my disappointment aside and just review the product for what it is. A great compact solution for mounting your phone to a tripod or anything with a 1/4" thread.
So long as your phone is less than 7/7.5cm wide.

Flexible Arm Stand Mount Holder, Universal Multi-Funktion Mobile SmartPhone PDA Navigator Windscreen / Dash Mount Cradle Holder, Easy-Adjust arm Handfree. Fits all mobile phones Smartphones and Sat Nav's, including Apple iPhone 3G 3GS 4 4S and 5 / iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 4G , iphone 4S iPhone 5 HTC Sensation XE XL, HTC 8X 8S, HTC One V and One X, HTC Windows Phone 8X and 8S, Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus , Motorola RAZRi and many other devices, KXC5013-black
Offered by kxshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Roland TD-12!, 8 April 2014
I needed something to attach my MP3 player to the rack of my TD-12 drum kit. After discovering the Gibraltar SC-GMP3MNT and then seeing the price (£45-£70) I decided to just get the Gibraltar clamp and look for something i could use with it.
After finding out here that the table clamp of this gooseneck mount is detatchable, I ordered it straight away.
It arrived very quickly and as soon as i got it out of the box, I could see that I wasn't gonna need the Gibraltar clamp at all.
It slips very nicely onto the TD-12 rack and holds firm. The gooseneck holds its position well. The device clamp has a very strong spring in it which gives it a very good hold on your device without causing any damage, thanks to the red rubber grips.

I cannot believe Gibraltar are asking so much for something that this does just as well for a fraction of the price.
I know there are many versions of this gooseneck device holder from many different manufacturers but all i can say is that this one works very well and a great price too.

Check out the pics I added.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iZKABasics - High Speed HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - 24K Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, Blu-Ray, DVD, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Mini Computer, Philips, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Vizio, Sony, Apple TV, Plasma LCD LED HD TV, Virgin Box etc - Type A to Type A - 1.4V Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Life Time Warranty)
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 15 May 2012
They do what they're suppose to do. Great picture quality with the WD TV Live streaming box.
Very sturdy cables. You don't need to spend £80 on an HDMI cable for it to be good quality.
£80 HDMI cables are a con. Don't fall for it. Get these instead.

DIGIFLEX 58mm Dual Thread UV Filter for Canon 18-55mm EOS 500D 1000D XS, T1i, XTi, XSi, XT, T2i, T3,T3i, or any lens with a 58mm front thread for Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Tokina etc
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job!, 8 Mar. 2012
I bought this for my 550d 18-55mm kit lens as a lens protector.
It works very well. It's a great fit and it has a very handy case for when it's not in use.
I would definitely buy more in the future.
A good quality item at a great price! Fast delivery too!

Samsung LE37C580 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Allshare LCD TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!, 7 Dec. 2010
I bought this for my dad as a 70th birthday/retirement present. As the title says, it's simply amazing.
I read all the reviews for it on Amazon and decided to ignore the reviews that complain about a buzzing noise. This did concern me at first but when the TV came, i tried it out straight away to see if it suffered from the same thing.
Yeah, there is a slight buzz but after that i never heard it again as it now sits in a medium sized (Council/Housing Association house)lounge and is far too quiet to hear.

My dad is well chuffed with it and so am i. Seriously, it's one of those TV's that you can't walk past without watching it. Doesn't matter what's on, the picture quality is so good that you just have to stand and stare.
I own a first generation Samsung 40" HD Ready 1080i TV. I thought that was good til i saw this thing. I can't believe how good they have gotten. We have it connected to a Panasonic DVD & HDD freeview recorder via HDMI, set to 1080p.
The colours are amazing. The blacks are the blackest i've ever seen on a TV. Even old home videos played from a DVD look good.

I was gonna buy my dad a bluray player too but with quality this good, i don't need to.
Ultra speedy delivery too. Came in two days from ordering.

Bottom line - Go for it!

(If there's anything you wanna know about this TV. Just ask and i'll see what i can do.)

DIGIFLEX High Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB+UK AC Power Adapter Cable
DIGIFLEX High Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB+UK AC Power Adapter Cable
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!!, 28 July 2010
I bought this to replace the front USB ports on my pc as i was having trouble with them. It arrived pretty fast and it worked straight away. No problems with Windows 7 Home Premium. The supplied USB cable (which is the same as a printer USB cable) is quite short but wasn't a problem for me. I highly recommend this. For the price, you can't go wrong. Buy now!