Profile for Chris R > Reviews

Content by Chris R

Chris R

Critical Introduction to Law (New Title)
Critical Introduction to Law (New Title)
by Wade Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but certainly worth it, 26 Sept. 2010
This book is not your typical introductin to law, but it certainly is worth a read. It contains some rather complex theroising about the way we interpret the laws and the world arround us which sometimes takes a moment to get your head arround, but it is easy to follow and a rewarding read. I feel that it has helped me go into the first year of my law degree questioning certain aspects of the law, somthing that will definately help me engage with the topic to a greater extent.

How to Study Law
How to Study Law
by Professor A Bradney

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great either..., 26 Sept. 2010
This review is from: How to Study Law (Paperback)
This book is ticking most of the boxes for someone about to embark upon leagl studies for the first time - and as such it served me well. The style is easy to follow and concisely written. But, there are a high ammount of "typ-o" style errors that are irritating to say the least. This includes the answers for one of the exercises being overtly wrong and a slight lack of coherency on occasion - clearly somthing that is the falt of the publishers, not the authors who are clearly excelent in their knowledge and expertise. As a result I would recomend looking arround for similar books to help you embark upon your studies (Glanville Williams "Learning the Law" is a brilliant and a slightly more in depth alternative).