Profile for D. Gibbs > Reviews

Content by D. Gibbs

D. Gibbs "all-round shopaholic"

Kitchen Craft KCBCSHAKACR 700 ml Mix It Acrylic Cocktail Shaker in Gift Box
Kitchen Craft KCBCSHAKACR 700 ml Mix It Acrylic Cocktail Shaker in Gift Box

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, great value, 26 Sept. 2009
you get your money's worth with this cocktail shaker, I bought this as it was the cheapest I could find and was not disappointed.
It works perfectly well and makes a good cocktail which is all you expect. It's not flimsy either.
The only thing I would say is that I have never heard of any of the cocktails that are marked off on the sides of the shaker but then if you were planning on doing one, you'd probably already know or have the recipe,
All in all, a great buy.

Black + Decker KA86 BELT SANDER 75 x 457 MM
Black + Decker KA86 BELT SANDER 75 x 457 MM

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough, 11 Dec. 2008
I was mildly disappointed by the performance of this sander. I am a big fan of Black and Decker products, they've never failed me before but this sander isn't as good as I expected, it has one flaw whereby it pushes the sanding belt into itself which means you have to constantly stop and readjust the belt before it shreds itself. It's also tricky finding belts for it. The sanding belt that came with mine was incredibly good and lasted a long time however the replacements I bought (Piranha make, the only suitable ones I found in B&Q) were not half as good.
Saying that, it's much better than using your hands and it's much cheaper than renting an industrial sander. My verdict is that it's good enough for the price.

Scientology: the Fundamentals of Thought
Scientology: the Fundamentals of Thought
by L. Ron Hubbard
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars full of make-believe facts, 18 April 2008
This is another book I was forced to buy and read when I joined the cult of scientology. I had to read it with a dictionary next to me, and I'm not stupid or uneducated, but the book is full of the most complicated words you can possibly find and explains nothing in great detail.
If I was still in the cult I would be saying the same things some of the other praising reviewers say about it, but I'm free to tell the truth now, don't buy this book.

Working Wonders
Working Wonders
by Jenny Colgan

1.0 out of 5 stars not her best, 25 July 2006
This review is from: Working Wonders (Paperback)
At first it seemed boring, but I forced myself to continue reading it as she has written some good books, it started to get a bit interesting in a "weird book" kind of way and I thought maybe it would be worth getting to the end. Totally disappointing. The end is awful, I was utterly disgusted. I wouldn't recommend anybody to part with their hard-earned cash for this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 8:37 AM BST