Profile for Carol > Reviews

Content by Carol

Carol "Normy" (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Women's Luxury satin Nightgown with Lace (14 uk - 42 eur, Purple)
Women's Luxury satin Nightgown with Lace (14 uk - 42 eur, Purple)
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but poorly made, and disappointing colour, 28 Jan. 2016
I'm pear-shaped, so wasn't expecting a perfect fit, and would normally get a fitted top a buy a design where the hips flow out. However, as this was nightwear I didn't want to feel constricted so went with my hip size. Even so the hip fitting seems overly generous and the top is huge. I've only had it two or three weeks and already a seam has split (and not because it was too tight). I was also disappointed that the colour was so drastically different to what I was expecting - I thought it was going to be really purpley, but it's quite a dusky greyish-purple. Despite all the moaning it's comfortable, easy to wash, and quick to dry. I was just hoping to look lovely wearing it too, and I don't. Maybe I'll take those seams in all the way when I fix the one that came apart?

Still, I've recently bought well-made, second hand satin pyjamas from a charity shop for half the price and they look gorgeous on. I feel they were a much better buy.

Extra Select Premium Wild Bird Food 5 Litre Tub
Extra Select Premium Wild Bird Food 5 Litre Tub

2.0 out of 5 stars My fussy visitors are turning their beaks up at this, 4 Jan. 2016
They munch everything else up that I give them from Extra Select, which I've always found to be good quality and very popular with the birds. I'm sorry to say, though, that the birds are picking out the millet and refusing to eat it. I rely on the Collared Doves to tidy up after the other birds, but even they won't touch the millet.

It's funny how birds in different areas have different tastes - I know other birds that love this stuff! Will be passing on to my friend who lives where the birds like millet!

Obbekjaers 10ml Japanese Peppermint Oil
Obbekjaers 10ml Japanese Peppermint Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and effective, 25 Oct. 2015
Lots of uses - put a drop or two in warm water and sip slowly to ease indigestion, put in a spray bottle with water to deter spiders (I don't - I like spiders - but I've recommended it to a friend who's spider phobic and she's thanked me for it), use in a diffuser to clear the air, use in cleaning products as a nice smelling anti-bac, make your own toothpaste and mouthwash and flavour with oil of peppermint to freshen your breath and reduce cavities, reduce hunger cravings, make a muscle relaxing rub, clear your sinuses, reduce nausea, and more besides. Good stuff!

Barry M Cosmetics Bold Waterproof Eyeliners Bronze
Barry M Cosmetics Bold Waterproof Eyeliners Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 25 Oct. 2015
Have a cotton ear-bud and some make-up remover nearby when you put this on in case you make a mistake, because this stuff isn't going to budge otherwise once you've got it on! Easy to apply and looks great. I love it!

New Boxed! DECAF Flavoured Instant coffee trio - Chocolate orange, Amaretto, Irish Cream - 3x50g mini jars
Offered by Caramba! Olive Oil

3.0 out of 5 stars Decaf flavoured coffee without the syrup, 25 Oct. 2015
The Amaretto Almond and Chocolate Orange flavours don't have much flavour (other than coffee of course) but the Irish Cream does. If you're on a special diet and can't have sweeteners or milk/creamer then flavoured coffee avoids the need for them, and it's great to have decaf options.

NEW! Set of 6 x 50g Instant Flavoured Mini Coffee Jars - Ideal treat on a cold winter morning - Cinder toffee, Chocolate, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Cinnamon/hazelnut and Amaretto - Get your six pack from Caramba. (Variety 2)
Offered by Caramba! Olive Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Flavoured coffee without the syrups, 25 Oct. 2015
These are pretty pricey, but if you're trying to avoid any sweeteners at all, or milk/soya/almond milk/creamers of any kind then these are great. It's a good way of trying out different flavours - my favourite has got to be the Cinder Toffee. It's good to have a couple of decaff ones in there too - unfortunately their flavourings don't make much of an impact.

Zylkene 225mg 20 Capsules
Zylkene 225mg 20 Capsules
Offered by Animal Dispensaries

2.0 out of 5 stars Not effective for my dog, 25 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Zylkene 225mg 20 Capsules (Misc.)
Recommended by dog behaviourist for my super-alert dog who is very barky. Very easy to add to my dog's food, and he ate it with no trouble. Unfortunately, it's had no discernible effect on him. Very expensive for something that didn't work. Don't let this put you off trying it - I'm sure the behaviourist wouldn't have recommended it if it hadn't worked for other dogs whose problems perhaps stem from a different cause, maybe nervousness.

Sparx Berry Xylitol Sweets 30g - CLF-SPX-XL1223
Sparx Berry Xylitol Sweets 30g - CLF-SPX-XL1223
Offered by Direct-dental

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful you don't eat the lot!, 25 Oct. 2015
These are a bit *too* yummy. I thought I'd just pop a few after eating to help keep my teeth healthy, but it's hard to stop! It's fun figuring out the different flavours though.

Opk Jewellery Women's Earrings Pink Swarovski Crystal Stone 10mm Titanium Steel Stud Earring
Offered by opk-jewelry

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for stud earrings, 25 Oct. 2015
These look lovely, and as they're titanium they don't irritate my ears, but what I didn't get from the picture was how GINORMOUS they are! I'd bought three different colours to wear in a row on my ear, but they're so big I can't wear them next to each other. In fact, they are so heavy they dangle down, which has got to be a design fault in a stud earring.

BALANSOHO 800ml Infuser Water Bottle Flip Lid for Outdoor Treal Sports camping Health Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value fruit water with no added muck!, 25 Oct. 2015
Having seen the ingredients on commercial so-called fruit 'waters' I decided to make my own, and this bottle makes it really easy. It's BPA free so no nasty plastics leaching into the water. I popped a few frozen raspberries and a bit of lime into it with some filtered water, and the next day I had delicious fruit flavoured (and beautifully coloured!) water. I also tried adding a couple of drops of stevia liquid to make it a little sweeter which was a pleasant addition too. If I could give it 4.5 stars I would because it's a bit fiddly to get into it - I ended up using the tine of a fork to get the inner basket out. Overall though, it's fantastic value for money, and I still love it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10