Profile for A. M. Mcnally > Reviews

Content by A. M. Mcnally

A. M. Mcnally (New Zealand)

David Beckham: My Side: My Side - The Autobiography
David Beckham: My Side: My Side - The Autobiography
by David Beckham

2.0 out of 5 stars Opinion Changing, 17 April 2009
I have been a supporter of Manchester United all my 45+ years and all players to have pulled on the Red Shirt have my backing. Even when David left for Real Madrid and subsequent move to America, I had a lot of respect for his honesty, good humor and skill.

This book has changed my opinion of him. Having followed the events described in the book closely over the years, it is amazing how much is not written that is the sad part. The transition from a soccer playing nut, with adoring parents who sacrificed so much to ensure the dream for their boy was fulfilled, through to the egotistical, fame hunting sycophant he has become is very very sad.

The book reveals how much yes men around the Beckham Bubble are appreciated, nobody can say David is wrong and when examples are given around Alex Ferguson giving all players a hard time at least once a season (this is a comment from his best friend and best man) he goes into denial and it is all about him being singled out.

I admire his family man attitude but come on David don't try and kid the world what great parents you both are when for the price of a few dollars you'll drop the kids with your parents and travel to the back of beyond to feed your need for fame and the spotlight.

A true opinion changer for me, the nice lad who was a good footballer who turned into a self centered/self obsessed glory chaser is the kindest description I can now give him

GANGSTERS WIVES
GANGSTERS WIVES
by Lee Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Let Down, 13 Jun. 2008
This review is from: GANGSTERS WIVES (Paperback)
Only one word to describe this book really...awful. I love the Martina Cole and Mandasue Heller genre. Having read all their books I was in search of a new author.

What a waste of time, effort and money this book was, a total disappointment. Poor characters, poor story and appalling writing.

Please save yourselves