Profile for Episkopos > Reviews

Content by Episkopos

Episkopos

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pure One Flow Portable Music Streaming System with DAB Digital/FM/Internet Radio - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars That is a small thing and one that you have to live with - a minor Easy to set up with the internet, 13 Jun. 2015
I bought this radio a few days ago and was drawn to the fact of Wi Fi DAB radio. I wanted certain stations on it and accessable without having to switch on the internet to get them each and every time.
The look of this radio is nicer than the pure DAB just DAB radio
One thing I do notice is that if you have set up an internet station on it, and you set the alarm, it does not come on to that station but the stations that you have auto downloaded when you setitup.
That is a small thing and one that you have to live with - a minor
Easy to set up with the internet, you just enter the pass word on your modem
Recommended

Pure ONE Classic Series II Portable DAB/FM Radio - Black
Pure ONE Classic Series II Portable DAB/FM Radio - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sounds good radio and robust, 13 Jun. 2015
I have had this radio for several years because I wanted to listen to certain religious radio stations that were on the DAB platfor, Good sounds good radio and robust.

Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
by Lynn Vincent

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, needs healthy questioning, 11 Jun. 2015
I have read the book and at first found it a blessing and enthralling. I was deeply moved by it and it gave a new insight to heaven and in fact the whole area of eschatatology. I have heard that Near Death Experiences tend to differ from one person to another. I do question whether a child of 4 would ask his mother if she had had a child who died in the womb because he met her in heaven. Would a child be that impertinent. Also When the mother and father asked what the childs name was - He answered you guys did not name her, she did not have a name. Would a 4 year old child say that to his parents and if so that would be incredibly bold.

We have to test these things as Scripture says and test them against other things in Scripture. Yes Todd does this but still we have to evaluate healthily

I am prepared to keep an open mind on this

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
by Harper Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 9 Feb. 2015
I have read this book twice and enjoyed it on both occasions. I have also seen the film and enjoyed that also

The book and indeed the film portray that you simply cannot judge a man by the colour of his skin and amidst the prejudice at the time Atticus Finch is prepared to advocate for him. The book is an anti racist book that shows that you cannot judge and that all men and women deserve a decent and fair trail I would suggest that all young people read this book and digest and learn from it

I did hear that Harper Lees father was an attorney and he heard of a similar case in the 1930s in which he apparently took the papers from the archives and gave them to Harper for the base of her book.

Love the book and the film cannot commend it highly enough

A Dance with Deception
A Dance with Deception
by Charles W. Colson

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read as still true today as written 20 years ago, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Dance with Deception (Paperback)
This book was written in the early 1990s and speaks about the political correctness that was pervading the American school education system. Although the book is written primarily from an American perspective, the things that he says in the book are as true today about what has happened in the UK today. The rampant political correctness in society Young people growing p with no moral compass, and two generations of people who have grown up with no vertical perspective and no moral compass in their lives. Charles quotes that the hippie generation are now the pin stripe suit generation and they are the if you like "the chattering classes! that we have today. Colson has passed away since the book was written but he calls for a return to people having the morality and ethics and behaviour to return and also the vertical perspective of a God who is there and requires us to live better moral Biblical lives. A must read and a challenge to us

Love In Portofino
Love In Portofino
Offered by encorerecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Another wonderful album from Andrea Rich voice and wonderful music. What more can one say -

God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book because I know of Matt Redmans Christian ..., 16 July 2014
I enjoyed this book because I know of Matt Redmans Christian music. And I know something of the pain that Matt and Beth Redman have had in their lives. A book that reminds time and again that God knows who we are and that we are never forgotten and forever loved
Remarkable book written in the midst of pain

Notes from the Underground
Notes from the Underground

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 16 July 2014
Not worth reading

The Story of the Jews: Finding the Words (1000 BCE - 1492)
The Story of the Jews: Finding the Words (1000 BCE - 1492)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 16 July 2014
Still reading this book on my kindle. What struck me was the way that not only Christians but Muslims were guilty of poor behaviour towards the Jews. The book is heavy going and you need a break after a while before you go back to it, but it is a very scholary read and very in depth. I am looking forward to volume 2

Youth Praise: Bks. 1 & 2 (Falcon books)
Youth Praise: Bks. 1 & 2 (Falcon books)
by Michael Baughen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 July 2014
I remember this book from my days as a teenager in a church in Manchester. Some of the songs are still around and at a recent Seekers concert one of the songs was sung by Judith Durham.
Bishop Michael Baughen is an excellent song writer and the book brought back many memories of a special time in my own spiritual walk

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4