ARRAY(0xac23f514)

Wagonwheel Blues
Wagonwheel Blues
Price: 9.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 9 Oct 2008
This review is from: Wagonwheel Blues (Audio CD)
I bought this album after reading a brief article on the band in a popular music magazine. I'm not one to buy albums on impulse and when i do i'm usually disappointed. I'm really glad to say that this doesn't apply to Wagonwheel Blues.

The album blew me away from the first list and it has been on constant repeat for the last few weeks and i still haven't tired of it.

The music is very catchy and sounds both familiar and excitingly new. I know comparisons are not fair but if i had to describe the music i'd say it was a cross between Bruce Springsteen and Arcade Fire with the lyrical richness of Bob Dylan thrown in for good measure. That may not be doing the band justice so why not check out their myspace page and list to a few tracks for yourself before deciding whether or not to purchase.

If i do have a criticism it's that the album is a little short, compounded by the fact that two of the songs are instruments. It's only a minor complaint, i think the rest of the album more than makes up for it.

I've been extremely underwhelmed by the current crop of new artists and i'm delighted that i've "discovered" this band for myself. I have no hesitations in recommending.