ARRAY(0xaed8fb28)

Your Disco Needs You
Offered by thebookcommunity
Price: 14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Disco, Your Disco, Your Disco Needs You, 29 Jun 2005
This review is from: Your Disco Needs You (Audio CD)
Why was Your Disco Needs You not released in the UK? Simply because the song was too in your face and controversial, you either love it or hate it. As Kylie had only just made her comeback, it would have been unwise to alienate any potential album buying fans.
When I first heard Your Disco Needs You I even questioned why I bought the Light Years album (well til the next track anyway), but I gave the song time and even started to like it. Mainly because it was so overblown and camp that it would just make me smile, it was too much effort to dislike it.
There is more to Your Disco Needs You than I first realised, and it has now become one of my favourite Kylie songs. This is because Kylie closed the Showgirl concerts (before encores) with Your Disco Needs You, and it was superb. The song is simply at its best when being performed on stage, in concert, by Kylie.
Which is why it gets 5 stars.

In Your Eyes [CD 1]
In Your Eyes [CD 1]
Offered by simak
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Special, 29 Jun 2005
This review is from: In Your Eyes [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Tightrope is a 5 star song and Good Like That isn't bad either. As for In Your Eyes, it is in my opinion the greatest song Kylie has ever done.
It's Special, Very Special.

You Gotta Go There to Come Back
You Gotta Go There to Come Back
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Isn't opinion a wonderful thing?, 11 Jan 2005
Does this really deserve only one star? No thats far too many.
This could be the worst album I've ever heard! I recieved You Gotta Go There as a birthday present (think socks would've been better). I thought, as I didn't know much of the album (only Maybe Tommorow), I would give it a try. So I listened to the whole album in case there was any good songs on there.
There wasn't!
The biggest problem is Kelly Jones's voice, I find it particularly dull and quite harsh. This wouldn't be a problem if the music he was singing to wasn't so uninspirational as well!
Just not my thing I guess, obviously some people out there will and do like it. It does have one good point, I might listen to it if I ever want to appreciate just how good all my Kylie Minogue, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Nickelback, etc etc albums actually are!
If you're not a Phonics fan don't start here, it certainly put me off for life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2011 6:25 PM BST