Profile for Optomisticsi > Reviews

Content by Optomisticsi

Optomisticsi

SDTEK Black + Silver Noise Cancelling Isolating In Ear Earphones Headphones for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Tablet, iPad, iPod
Offered by SDTEK Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh., 20 Jun 2014
I've had these for a couple of days now, and used them with all kinds of music, from Def Leppard to Mike Oldfield, from A-ha to Eminem..... Here's what I've found;

When they arrived there was no fancy packaging, just the earphones in a small ziplock bag.... That's fine if that's all you want, but that's LITERALLY all you get! The rubber earbuds are quite small, you don't even get different sized spares, just the earphones, that's it!

To be fair, they have a lovely weight to them, which is probably down to the metal around the earphones and the 3.5mm jack. They look ok too, not special.... But ok.

Now, how do they sound?

In a word..... FLAT.

It didn't seem to matter what music I played, everything I listened to seemed to have too much lower frequencies (bass) which really drowned out the higher frequencies (the treble) so the music sounded dull and lifeless.

If you're an audiophile, there's nothing here for you.

I'd say these should be ok for kids though, seeing as they don't much care about audio quality, and the small earbuds would probably fit nicely in their tiny little ears!

2 out of 5 stars, not the worst, but there's plenty better!

Cleanit Universal Protection Sock for iPod, iPhone and MP3 - Black
Cleanit Universal Protection Sock for iPod, iPhone and MP3 - Black
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Universal.... But only for smaller phones., 6 April 2013
Got this as a simple bit of protection for my old Galaxy S3 when I'm not using it, but sadly the phone's just too tall for this case to cover properly. It's nice and tight around the phone though, so that's one thing (Only thing) I like about it. I won't be using it though, given it to someone else with an iPhone that fits comfortably, if a little loose.

In a nutshell, this is fine if you've got an iPhone or Galaxy ACE sized phone, but not for anything bigger if you're wanting any real protection.

2 stars - It's "Universal" in as much as most phones (Phablets not included) will go in, but that doesn't mean it will fully protect your device.

Protective Screen Filter (PlayStation Vita)
Protective Screen Filter (PlayStation Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a chance, glad I did!!, 12 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was looking for a screen protector for my PS Vita that coved the whole front of the device, I figured the ones that just cover the screen would leave me with horrible raised edges around the protector, spoiling the look and feel of what is a lovely device.

Stumbling across this, I was worried by the low price (6.99?!) and expected it to be a waste of money! Imagine my surprise when I got it and found it to be one of the easiest screen protectors to fit (Fitted loads over the years, only ever been happy with the ones from PowerSupport for iPads/iPhones, which are damned expensive, but excellent), in fact it took all of about 2 minutes and left my device with NONE of the usual bubbles and marks that many protectors do!

You just line up the protector on the device, stick it in place with the supplied sticky tab, then pull the sheet out from underneath that has the instructions on it.

Simple. Brilliant!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2012 4:40 PM GMT

Songs From The Sparkle Lounge
Songs From The Sparkle Lounge
Price: 13.55

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same is NO BAD THING!, 7 April 2008
Well this album isn't even out yet, but I can truly say I can't wait. If the 1st single "Nine Lives" is anything to go by, this album is gonna give fans everything they love about Lepp albums of old. With punchy guitars, kickin' drums, harmonies a plenty and enough melody to make even a non-fan take notice!

Bring it on, Def Leppard lives!!