Profile for chads_mad > Reviews

Content by chads_mad

chads_mad "chads_mad" (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Maxhood Toslink Optical Adapter (2-Pack), Digital Fiber Optic Toslink Male to 3.5mm Mini Female Adapter (3.5mm Female to Toslink Male)
Offered by BesYee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 17 April 2016
Does the job just fine

Sadolin 5 Litre Superdec Satin Opaque Woodstain Superwhite
Sadolin 5 Litre Superdec Satin Opaque Woodstain Superwhite
Offered by Decor8

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but rubbish, 27 Mar. 2016
Bought this from a Brewers decorator centre on recommendation of the salesman. I had intended to buy Sikkens spirit based white satin paint but he advised against it and steered me to this water-based breathable paint. I simply don't know how it gets such good reviews. I am a reasonably thorough, experienced home decorator and all the prep was right but this stuff is too thin, doesn't 'flat out' as it dries and, worst of all, has developed a 'smallpox' finish where rain hit it well over 24 hours after being touch dry. It's expensive crap - avoid it.

Cradle To The Grave [VINYL]
Cradle To The Grave [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome return, 20 Dec. 2015
A great album from start to finish. If you listen to it having watched the fantastic "Cradle to Grave" BBC series (in which Difford & Tilbrook have a cameo), even more so. Let's hope there are a few more of these up their songwriting sleeves...

Le Pere Noel est une Ordure (Santa Claus Is a Stinker) [DVD]
Le Pere Noel est une Ordure (Santa Claus Is a Stinker) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josiane Balasko
Offered by MEDIAZONE

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but not great!, 20 Dec. 2015
This was loaned to us on DVD by a friend and we got 45 mins in and the DVD refused to play further. Being intrigued, I ordered a copy for us so we could see the whole film. We love a bit of 'off the wall' comedy, especially when it's eccentrically French but this didn't really do it for us. It's not a bad film and there are devotees out there who love every minute but we found it over-long and a bit short on laughs especially in the second half. There are some stand-out funny moments (particularly the lady in the broken lift using a child's tool kit to try and fix it) but it doesn't quite hang together. If you're after something funny and French, other than the classics (Tati, et al) try "Bievenue Chez Les Ch'tis".

Cradle to Grave Series 1 [DVD] [2015]
Cradle to Grave Series 1 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Laurie Kynaston

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly marvellous - my hat is on the side of my head and everything's for the best...., 11 Nov. 2015
A fantastic slice of nostalgia for me, a (slightly younger) South Londoner, or indeed - anyone. It's made all the more wonderful by the fact that most of the storylines really happened, if you believe Danny Baker's first autobiography instalment, "Going to Sea in a Sieve". They're all jumbled up here and much of what happens to fifteen year-old Danny happened to a slightly older Danny in reality.

That said, it's just a joyful romp through the (massive) positive bit of the 1970's. Never mind the three day week, power cuts and unburied dead - we've done that in countless worthy docos. This is the 1970's that I remember from my childhood perspective and many of the characters depicted here seem to have had cousins or siblings that lived where I did in Catford.

At £13, I challenge you to be disappointed!!

Rega Carbon Moving Magnet (MM) Cartridge
Rega Carbon Moving Magnet (MM) Cartridge
Offered by Sevenoaks Sound and Vision, Yeovil.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic starter cartridge for the money. Look no further..., 2 Nov. 2015
I bought this as an emergency replacement for a Rega Elys (superior in the range) as I noticed the cantilever was bent on my Elys. I have to say that, while I had intended to use this for a few weeks until I bought a new Elys 2 (local dealer was out of stock when I needed one), I am amazed at the 'bang for buck'. It's not as refined as the Elys and doesn't reveal some of the finest details on virgin vinyl as my Elys could, but for 25 quid it's an absolute bargain. I believe it's a Rega 'tweaked' Audio Technica cartridge, therefore not made in Southend like their other cartridges but in China by AT. That said, it doesn't disappoint. I'll probably still replace the Elys with an Elys 2 - just not in so much of a rush!

7dayshop Super High Speed USB 3.0 Flash Drive USB Memory Stick - 128GB
7dayshop Super High Speed USB 3.0 Flash Drive USB Memory Stick - 128GB
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere - very slow transfer speeds. Are they even really USB 3.0??, 2 Nov. 2015
Nice design but very slow and inconsistent speeds on a fully-loaded MacBook Pro even after a full format using Disk Utility. I have two and they are both pretty poor. Not sure if I have experienced a bad batch but I'm onto 7dayshop directly to obtain refund/exchange. I'll post back here with the results of their customer service.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sony MRWE80 XQD Card Reader USB 2.0
Sony MRWE80 XQD Card Reader USB 2.0
Offered by Flashmemo-Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but works OK, 22 Oct. 2015
Works fine without drivers on a Mac. Ridiculously expensive hence not 5*

EasyAcc® Super Speed 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Case HDD External Enclosure Case with USB 3.0 Cable for 7 and 9.5 mm 2.5" SATA HDD/SSDs,Tool-free HDD Installation - Sliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value drive enclosure, 22 Oct. 2015
Bought two of these and put Samsung 500GB SSD's inside. Blazing transfer speeds and they work superbly. Well-made too. Happy customer.

Hoodman Hoodeye Glasses Eye Cup