Profile for bookshelf > Reviews

Eat Right 4 Your Type
Eat Right 4 Your Type
by Dr Peter D'Adamo

1.0 out of 5 stars I would give ZERO stars if I could..., 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
Oh, please!

If you paid attention on your biology classes you would know that the "science" behind this diet is utter nonsense.

If you have antigens to certain foods (and these antigens are NOT on the surface of the blood cells, but in your guts) it will NOT manifest in weight gain but an allergic reaction, or even in anaphylactic shock and DEATH.

Also, if the antigens on your blood cells meet their antibodies you will NOT gain weight; it will result in blood clotting (leading to multiorgan failure which can be life-threatening) or haemolysis (life-threatening bleeding).

This diet only works because it restricts certain type of food therefore calories.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 8:53 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pair of shoes!, 5 Nov 2010
If you want a really comfortable pair of shoes, buy these ones!
I work in a hospital and I rarely can sit down - but in these shoes I can walk miles without even noticing it. No sore feet, no smells.
Highly recommended.

Naples and the Amalfi Coast (Lonely Planet Country & Regional Guides)
Naples and the Amalfi Coast (Lonely Planet Country & Regional Guides)
by Cristian Bonetto

2.0 out of 5 stars lots of mistakes..., 5 Nov 2010
I was quite disappointed with this guide. I can understand that the prices can change over a period of time, so I'm not complaining about that. But I tried to find three(!) of the recommended restaurants / trattorias and they were nowhere!!! The other example of the book's inaccuracies is that the Stazione Circumvesuviana is actually part of Stazione Garibaldi and not a different train station! And I think tourists should be warned that if they want to get to Pompei by train they might have to change trains at Torre Annunziata.
In summery this is the worst Lonely Planet guide I've ever purchased and I can't recommend it to anyone.

That Mitchell and Webb Look -  Series 4 [DVD]
That Mitchell and Webb Look - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even for fans..., 5 Nov 2010
Well, I've considered myself a huge Mitchell and Webb fan. So far.

This series is just BORING, BORING, BORING.
I've watched all the previous series several times and they were really, really great. So I was hugely disappointed when I watched the 4th series on telly, but I still bought the DVD and gave it another chance. IT WAS A MISTAKE.

The only reason why I didn't mind giving 1 star is "The Gift Shop Scetch", which is mildly amusing. But otherwise NOT A SINGLE LAUGH.
There is nothing funny about the "Prayer and the Pint" or "The Quiz Broadcast" and I cannot imagine how the "Get Me Hennimore!" scetches made the edit...
The very last Sherlock Holmes scene is LITERALLY painful to watch...

BORING, BORING, BORING.
Don't waste your money on this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 1:33 PM GMT

That Mitchell and Webb Sound - Series 2
That Mitchell and Webb Sound - Series 2
by David Mitchell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Mar 2010
This radio scetch show is simply brilliant.
First time I was listening to this I was driving to work early in the morning - and giggling and laughing all way long...
Can you expect more?

Breaking The Waves [DVD] [1996]
Breaking The Waves [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Emily Watson
Offered by g515tfl

5.0 out of 5 stars best film ever, 21 Feb 2010
I just can`t give enough stars for this...
This is the best film ever made about trust and passion and LOVE.

Breathtaking.

Magicians [DVD]
Magicians [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Mitchell
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars be fair, 21 Feb 2010
This review is from: Magicians [DVD] (DVD)
If you are a big Mitchell/Webb fan you probably will be a bit disappointed - but be fair; this is not Peep Show but an amusing and warm movie.

Best British comedians David Mitchell and Robert Webb are playing two very loveable characters with lots of jokes and lots of fun.
The plot is sometimes a bit flat but there are some really hilarious scenes - my particular favourite is Harry`s phone call about entering the magicians` competition "If you`re interested, please state the word INTERESTED at this point". :-)

Good writing, fantastic costumes (Mitchell`s shirts are just perfect) and a guillotine...
Buy it, lie back and enjoy it!