Profile for Amber > Reviews

FLYCHEN Men Camping Casual Workwear Cargo Camo Long Trousers Yellow Camo 30
FLYCHEN Men Camping Casual Workwear Cargo Camo Long Trousers Yellow Camo 30
Offered by FLYCHENG

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 23 July 2016
Bought this for my son. He is a size 30 waist but he is very tall.
These trousers are a perfect fit and perfect length for my tall son.

The fabric is good quality. Actually better than I expected. It washes and irons very well.
The colour is vibrant and there was no fading or leaking of colours after washing.

The zip is a heavy duty metal zip and the buttons are plastic, four-hole buttons.
I had no trouble with buttons falling off after wear or wash.

I am very pleased and impressed with the style, colour and quality of these trousers.
I'll be placing a few more orders for the other colours soon.

Extra bonus is that my teenage son loves it!

Storm (Storm MC #1)
Storm (Storm MC #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fun reading., 19 Jun. 2016
This is the second time I'm reading Nina Levine's Storm MC series.

If you feel like an easy, uncomplicated read, and a well written MC series, this is the one.

What I appreciate most about this series is that I don't feel like I've read this story before.
There are two popular MC series (I like them both a lot), written by two very well known authors that I had a real problem re-reading. It was hard work keeping the two stories separated in my memory because they are that similar. NOT fun!

Any way... about Storm...

This is Maddy (Madison Cole - daughter of the Storm MC President and sister to Scott the VP) and J's (Jason) story.

Even though growing up in 'the life' Maddy was relatively sheltered from the darker side of it. So after two traumatic events a broken Maddy moved and left her family, the Club and her love behind, determined never to return.

This is the story of Maddy and J healing themselves and as a result their relationship while dealing with her crazy ex Nix (then VP, now President of the rival MC Black Deeds) and his equally crazy sister Mandy and some serious unfolding family drama!!

There is a DELICIOUS development right near the very end of the book (no cliffhangers!!) that makes you want to read on and looking forward to the next book! :)

The next book in the Storm MC series is Fierce! Scott's (VP) story.

Cat Box 3D - Game For Pets
Cat Box 3D - Game For Pets

1.0 out of 5 stars Adverts makes this app useless, 21 May 2016
This review is from: Cat Box 3D - Game For Pets (App)
I found this app under the category for pets. So I assumed it was intended for a pet to play with.

This is why I'm confused that a large part of the screen is taken over by a clickable add.
This really renders the game useless because my cat keeps on hitting the add.

The other reason I removed this app from my devise is because my virus protection alerted me of malware when I installed this app.

Not recommended!

Vax VRS1122 Powermax Pet - Grey
Vax VRS1122 Powermax Pet - Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and flawed, 30 April 2016
When it works it does a good job for a 750w vacuum cleaner.
The motor belt keeps on coming off with every slight bump and you have to take the whole thing apart to get to the belt to reattach it every time!
Not had it a month before the belt finally broke.

The 'turbo' attachment is next to useless. It stops working as soon as it picks up something in the bristles because of the weak suction of the vacuum.

There is clearly a design flaw where the motor belt is concerned with this vacuum cleaner.

I would not recommend this machine. It is waaaaaay overpriced for what it is and it has design issues.

SimCity BuildIt
SimCity BuildIt

1.0 out of 5 stars ios players favoured, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: SimCity BuildIt (App)
If you are an Android user your membership is NOT valued.
IOS players get free gifts and extra benefits, Android players DO NOT get anything.
If you are an Android player be prepared for a playing field that will leave you at a disadvantage right from the start.

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan - Tiger Design
Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan - Tiger Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for my Maine Coon at a great price!, 9 Feb. 2015
I was just about to give up searching for a big enough enclosed litter box for my Maine Coon when I stumbled upon this gem!!
After reading the measurements, reviews and comments I was still sceptical whether it would be big enough for my big Maine Coon Tom.

Boy! Am I glad I was wrong!
It is absolutely HUGE!
It is deep enough so Loki can scratch to his hearts content, which he likes doing vigorously every time he goes, without litter flying out the flap!
There is definitely less tracking and spilling of litter because of the depth of the tray and the extended hang-over edge just under the flap exit.
He can sit or stand up and move about without having to crouch or being cramped in any way!

Obviously with the litter box being so huge it uses double the amount of litter that I used to use. But on the positive side, I don't have to empty the whole tray as often as I did the previous one, which just about balances the cost of litter out.

The quality of the box is not great but not bad at all for the price.
My previous enclosed litter box (the largest I could find available in the shops) were £7,00 more expensive than this one that towers above it.

I wouldn't trust picking the box up by the handle while filled with litter, it looks very flimsy - I don't trust it would carry the weight without slipping out or even breaking. The flap will have to be handled with care because the 'hinges' seems really flimsy also.
The filter is just a piece of course filter fabric stuck in an opening provided for it - not very neat. And my mischievous kitty started ripping at the edges from above and below as soon as I put it in!
The hood is secured to the tray by four sliding clips (two on each side) which seems secure enough.

Obviously with the vent at the top where the filter is secured this tray is not suitable for outdoor use.

The black animal print motive on the top is actually printed/painted on, so can not be removed. If you don't like it you will have to use some basic craft skills, a scissor and sticky vinal or craft paint of your own colour preference to cover it.

Imo. The pros and cons in my case balances each other out, hence a full 5 star rating.
It is really difficult to find big enough of everything for my Maine Coon. And the price of this item is more than fair for what it is.

BBC Guide to Your Cat
BBC Guide to Your Cat

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and handy., 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: BBC Guide to Your Cat (App)
I have a Kindle Fire HD (UK) and this app works perfectly fine on this tablet.
It took a looooong time to download and it does take up a lot of space (hence the 4 stars) but I don't see that as a problem because once you read, watched and listened to everything, I don't see a reason for it to stay on my tablet.
It is now happily stored in my Cloud till I need it again.

I found the information really interesting and it definitely helped me understand my cat's body language and the reason for certain behaviour better.

A tip for Kindle Fire HD users to get this app to work:-
Rotate the page to landscape (ie. unlock your rotation bar and tilt you Kindle on its side.).
You should now see the front page pop on your screen... Now just slide to the pages, or select the scenes you want to watch.
Problem solved. :)

Rosewood Tan Faux Suede/ Plush Dog Bed
Rosewood Tan Faux Suede/ Plush Dog Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and size, 24 Nov. 2014
I couldn't find a big enough cat bed for my Maine Coon Kitten and was really pleased when I found this comfy looking, perfect sized (medium) bed on Amazon!
I was NOT disappointed when it arrived!
It has a waterproof (thank goodness - he had a little slip when we first got him and it never leaked through) thin vinal bottom. The side is a lovely soft faux suede fabric that has survived my playful kitties sharp claws and teeth for the past six months!
The inside is a snuggly, soft and cosy faux fleecy fabric.
My cat loves cuddling up an kneeding this bed and it has survived this kitty treatment very well.
This bed has not got a removable pillow (I prefer that) but it easily fits into the washing machine and it washes and dries very well.
All the stitching and seams were sewed and in tact when I received it and it has survived a couple of machine washes.
Good price for a good quality product.
Can recommend for Maine Coon owners. (I'll be buying the bigger size (large) very soon)

Gadgetshut™ - 40 Pack of Charms For Rubberband Loom Bracelets
Gadgetshut™ - 40 Pack of Charms For Rubberband Loom Bracelets
Offered by London Accessories Boutique

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close to 40 charms., 24 Nov. 2014
If this product was not so cheap I would have asked for a refund on principle.
The description of the item is misleading because you don't get even close to 40 charms.
And from reading the other reviews I realise this happens to most of their sales.
After receiving only 28 charms out of 40 I was surprised and thought I must have misunderstood the heading - I then saw the actual description reads 'approximately 40'.
Even so - 28 charms can not be described as approximately 40 charms!

This is NOT honest or acceptable.

I do NOT recommend this item unless you are okay with receiving only 50% or less of the charms you paid for.

40 Winks Assorted Mattresses
40 Winks Assorted Mattresses
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars This pillow is the perfect size for my cat carrier, 23 Nov. 2014
This pillow is the perfect size for my cat carrier.
I needed something that was flatter (not overly stuffed) but still provided enough comfort for my cat.
Durable fabric on one side and fleecy, soft on the reverse.
I've used it to take my cat to the vets twice and he seemed happy and comfortable with it.
Good value for money.
I can definitely recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5