Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (Black) T300

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little keyboard - if you don't mind some smaller keys, 6 April 2013
Keyboard seems well built and arrived quickly and well packaged. Its small and compact, and very light. It connected easily via bluetooth to both my Acer Aspire netbook and my Samsung S3 (though only one at a time, naturally!). The niggles for me are only regarding the keyboard layout. I thought that this could be a good replacement for the small keyboard on my 11 inch Acer Aspire V5, but in fact its identical in size and pretty much all other respects.

Regarding the layout, I personally am not used to the half-height arrow keys, nor the half-height return key. Also I'd expect the bottom left key to be the left control key. Nevertheless, in order to achieve a compact layout, some compromises have to be made. In hindsight I should have gone for a full size layout.

Its no use for my laptop, and so far I never found a use case for my Samsung S3. But this keyboard is such a neat little piece of kit, I just don't want to send it back! Perhaps one day I'll get a tablet with bluetooth ...

Anker® C200 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons, 3 DPI Adjustment Levels and 2000 DPI (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, 6 April 2013
This mouse if fabulous. I bought it 3 weeks ago to go with my Acer Aspire V5 netbook, and it is simply perfect. You plug in the USB device, and the mouse just springs into life. No software installation - it just works. The mouse is a comfortable size and light weight, and has more buttons than I could wish for. Its comfortable to hold, due in part to the shape and also the rubberised thumb grip on the left hand side. The mouse is very precise - as far as I have been able to tell. I have had no issues with it. It just works.

Whilst visiting relatives recently my young brother in law "borrowed" it. Worked a treat in his old Acer laptop too. Wasn't sure I was going to get it back!

One small niggle - there is stowage on the underside of the mouse to store the USB receiver in. However, it is not a well-toleranced fitting, so the usb receiver could quite easily fall out in transit (which could be disastrous!). Also, when installed in the mouse, the receiver stands proud of the underside of the mouse by about 4 mm, which is not so neat. The solution? Just leave the receiver plugged into your USB port. Its small enough that it doesn't interfere with either my case or my sleeve for my 11 inch V5.

Mysteries of the Glory Unveiled Study Guide: A New Wave of Signs & Wonders
Mysteries of the Glory Unveiled Study Guide: A New Wave of Signs & Wonders
by David Herzog

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning: There are two books that look very similar. One is a study guide!, 5 Oct. 2010
Just be warned that there are two books listed here on amazon.co.uk with the title "Mysteries of the Glory Unveiled": One is the book itself, the other is the study guide to accompany the book. Strangely, when I try adding a review it shows up under both book listings, as if they are the same book.

The study guide is of course not much use on its own. It looks very similar to the book, hence I bought this instead by accident. But if you want the study guide, then be assured it does look like a very good one!

13 Function Atech Wireless Bicycle Bike Cycle Computer Speedometer Speedo
13 Function Atech Wireless Bicycle Bike Cycle Computer Speedometer Speedo
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly subject to RF interference, 27 May 2010
I bought one of these because I liked the "button-less" display. Seeing all four metrics on the screen at the same time is a great feature.

BUT sadly I have found that this device is very susceptible to RF interference, which means that sometimes it reports my current speed as being much higher than it really is. This is most noticeable when I remove the display unit from my bike (for security) and walk into my office building. This morning I clocked a top speed of 75 mph - and I wasn't even on my bike at that point! Shame though - I really would like to know just what my real top speed is, but the phantom readings overwrite my top speed record every time.

For example, as I walk into my office there's an electronic door release. If I hold the display unit near to that it jumps from 0 mph up to ~65 mph(!) If I hold my mobile phone in the same hand as the unit, again, the speed reading shows I'm moving. But of course, the sensor on my bike is hundreds of metres away, so it should not be recording anything. (Surely its not so hard to build some manufacturer id into the comms signals between the sensor and the display unit on these things?!)

Consequently this unit has so far been a waste of money for me. I have not spoken to ATech about this yet - but somehow I expect it might not be as easy as dealing with a regular highstreet brand ... ;-)