Profile for MS > Reviews

Content by MS

MS

Page: 1 | 2
Turmeric Smoothie Mix 200g (28+ Servings) by TAKA Turmeric - Organic Turmeric & Superfood Smoothie Mix | Including Black Pepper and Coconut for Increased Curcumin Absorption | 100% Additive Free
Offered by Turmeric Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave it a go, glad I did!, 16 Mar. 2016
Great stuff, I have it in my breakfast smoothie and by the time I've cycled to work I'm flying along. Once it's all blended you can just taste a hint of cinnamon really, had it in a vanilla protein shake with banana and it reminded me of my nans bread and butter pudding, taste wise.

I do feel like I have more energy, possible because of a stable blood sugar level as I've noticed none of the early afternoon dip I usually get with the craving for a fizzy drink and not getting as hungry mid morning.

Brylcreem Extreme Hair Gel - 150 ml
Brylcreem Extreme Hair Gel - 150 ml
Offered by Online4Perfume

1.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the old purple stuff!, 13 Jan. 2016
It's not as pictured, it's the new reformulated version, which is useless

Garmin External Battery Pack Charger for VIRB and VIRB Elite
Garmin External Battery Pack Charger for VIRB and VIRB Elite

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorts out the Virbs battery performance issues., 8 Jun. 2015
Since getting my Virb the advertised battery life never happened and the camera was dead after strangely 1 hr 20 mins, every time.

So I bought this and a brand new battery. When it arrived I charged the battery, for a new battery it needed 3.5 hours to show as fully charged! Then I plugged my my original battery, that was fully charged the previous evening via my computers USB, as most people will do. It wasn't actually fully charged!

So it appears the battery WILL NOT fully charge, via a computer USB, even though it says it has done so.

Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
Offered by Shop4World

2.0 out of 5 stars If you like Battlefield, don't buy this!, 21 April 2015
If you like Battlefield, don't buy this, it's obviously designed to attract the COD spray and run bunch.

Battlefield has always been a bit slower and more considered than Call Of Duty, this isn't.

Long range sniping has always been a big draw on BF games. It's rubbish in this, it just seems inconsistent and often when sniping from cover I find the bullet goes no further than the cover in hid in, like the window frame 3 inches to the right.

My biggest peev though is that it has attracted the COD bunch. Trying to snipe from cover? Don't bother, because someone with an SMG rocks up next to you and sprays the horizon.

Been killed in one shot? That'll be a sniper with a red dot from point blank in the back, because the COD bunch run like headless chickens, instead of playing as a team.

I played the campaign, played a few hours multiplayer and then bought Far Cry 4 and have now gone back to the previous Battlefield, which has improved now the COD kids have moved on.

Giro LX Cycling Gloves black Size:L
Giro LX Cycling Gloves black Size:L
Offered by Fawkes Cycles

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Giro LX Cycling Gloves (Sports)
Great gloves. Bought a size bigger than the guide and they were still skin tight, but 2 rides in and they broke in perfectly. Very comfortable and airy. Would definitely buy again. I may even buy a pair and stash away incase they stop making them.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Offered by games-wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old. Gave it a chance, but I'll stick to Battlefield., 9 Nov. 2014
campaign finished in 8 hours, I suspected it would be short so took my time, could probably have done it in 6 hours. Started over on a harder setting but can't really be bothered. The harder setting appears to mean enemies can shoot around corners and your team mates couldn't hit a barn door and will amble around in amongst enemies, who only fire at you, even if your team mate is stood right next to them, doing F all.

Online play is the same as ever, run around like a headless chicken in small maps, spraying everything that moves, but with the added annoyance of opponents jumping over buildings to dodge bullets. I remember when you couldn't jump in mp games because it could be abused, now it's a main feature.

I only got this to tide me over till GTA5 and it didn't keep me entertained for long at all. I missed the COD games of old that took a while to finish in campaign mode.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 8:54 PM GMT

JCB Men's Protect/B Chukka Boots, Black, 11 UK
JCB Men's Protect/B Chukka Boots, Black, 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better value than other brands and stay waterproof., 2 Nov. 2014
My 6th or 7th pair. Used to use Caterpillars but in recent years they have dropped massively in quality, the final straw was when the last pair only lasted 3 months.

These JCBs in comparison last me around 8 to 9 months or riding my bike to work, driving and walking 5 miles or so every day (courier) They are waterproof and comfortable. I use the honey ones in the summer and black in the winter.

Tone Tee T-shirt
Tone Tee T-shirt
Offered by High Street TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Cling film would do the job, equally well!, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Tone Tee T-shirt (Apparel)
Firstly I was under no illusion of what this was, it's the clothing equivalent of kneeling on a suitcase whilst you zip it up.

Secondly, it has to be tight, that's the point, if it's not, it's the wrong size and can't do what it's supposed to do.

Used companies size guide to select my size.

It's crap! Worse than I expected and I had low expectations...

It did reduce my waist by 3cm, but at a price. It was hot, uncomfortable, actually emphasised fat by creating a Chesterfield chair effect and squeezed so tight I instantly needed the loo (both). After five minutes my abdomen started aching. I'm not even fat, fat. Fairly average, little bit extra, but fit enough and do a lot of road cycling and commute by bike every day, active job, bit of padding due to cider.

Pros -
3cm reduction in tummy size

Cons -
Hot
Uncomfortable
Made body shape worse
Definitely wouldn't want to wear it long
Definitely wouldn't want my mates spotting it
You look like an arse
You feel like an arse
Help, help, how do I get this bloody thing off.

DF Speciality Paper pH Test Strips for Urine and Saliva (100) Strips Accurate and Reliable 4.5-9
Offered by Nova Health Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, clear and reliable, 14 Sept. 2014
Bought to test the claims that drinking dilute apple cider vinegar and manuka honey will destroy tooth enamel, as many dentist claim. They worked as intended and reliably.

And if you're interested, 2 table spoons of the vinegar and one of the honey, diluted in a mug of water, has the same ph as your average lemonade so is completely safe ;-)

Slight annoyance, Amazon warehouse staff stuck their barcode over the scale you colour match to...

Bodum Travel Press Set Coffee Maker, Black
Bodum Travel Press Set Coffee Maker, Black
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for coffee lovers (not that granulated rubbish!!), 18 Aug. 2014
A must if you like your coffee. Needs to hold more though to get 5 stars. But that's just me, in all fairness it's enough, but I just want more. They do a bigger one in the USA so why not here

Page: 1 | 2