Profile for Patricia Wilson > Reviews

Content by Patricia Wilson

Patricia Wilson "Passionate Food" (Tenterden, Kent UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Lilac Time
Lilac Time

5.0 out of 5 stars It echoed my Grandparents experiences, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lilac Time (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me constantly of stories that my German grandparents had told me of their experiences during the war. Like Ida, they were threatened and persecuted by the Nazi's for not joining the party. It's a heartwarming story and I would love to ask Phyllis how she researched it.

The Marie Antoinette Diet: Eat Cake and Still Lose Weight
The Marie Antoinette Diet: Eat Cake and Still Lose Weight

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 25 July 2013
A well researched book with some great recipes. Karen Wheelers easy to read style is absorbing and convincing. I enjoyed reading this almost as much as I did her novels. I'll certainly be trying out some of the recipes and principles of this diet plan.

iGadgitz Red/Black Reversible Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air & Pro 13.3" 13" (Models from 2006 +)
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and protection, 11 Jun 2013
Just what I needed to protect my laptop in my rucksack whilst travelling. Easy to fit. Love the colour. Good price and very fast delivery.

Magic clothes Brush
Magic clothes Brush
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 11 Jun 2013
With a very hairy dog this is just what we needed! Does exactly what it says and efficiently. Great to have a couple of these in the house to catch those stray hairs

The Food and Cooking of Turkey: All the Traditions, Techniques and Ingredients, Including Over 150 Authentic Recipes Shown in 700 Step-by-step Photographs
by Ghillie Basan

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, informative and do-able in the UK!, 11 Jun 2013
Simple, authentic recipes using ingredients that can be easily found in UK supermarkets. Having eaten in various Middle Eastern restaurants and it's good to be able to replicate some of this wonderful cuisine at home. Have earmarked several recipes to try.

Well laid out with useful tips and ideas for varying the recipes. Good photographs.

I think this book will be well used!

El Marsam Cookbook: An Umbrian Farmhouse and its Kitchen
El Marsam Cookbook: An Umbrian Farmhouse and its Kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and authentic, 24 Feb 2013
I bought this book as I was seeking to find out a bit more about traditional local Umbrian recipes. I am going there to work as a chef this year for guests on an art and creative writing group.

The book is full of simple, straightforward recipes using ingredients that are easily available locally and also here in the UK. There are no photographs although I did not find this a problem. Having the Kindle version means all the recipes are easily accessible wherever I am. I'd have preferred measurements in grammes rather than cups but, as the author says, the recipes are easily adaptable and the cook should be free to alter and experiment according to taste and availability of ingredients.

There are also some interesting stories and anecdotes in the book about the authors life in Umbria enabling the reader to get a true taste of the culture and lifestyle.

I can't wait to go out there but, in the meantime, will be working my way through these recipes.

Kitchen Secrets
Kitchen Secrets
by Raymond Blanc

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Secrets (Hardcover)
A truly inspirational book with very useful tips and ideas. Takes some of the mystique out of traditional French techniques. You can sense the passion that Raymond Blanc has for food, good ingredients and cooking. Can't wait to try the Croquembouche!

Planet Cake
Planet Cake
by Paris Cutler

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Planet Cake (Paperback)
Lovely book. Good instructions, recipes and photographs. Excellent explanation of techniques and good useful tips. I made the Pirate Cup cakes and they were a great success.

Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France
Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France
by Karen Wheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars The best French lifestyle book ever!, 23 Aug 2010
Having read the first book - Tout Sweet - I couldn't wait to read this one. Again, I couldn't put it down. I love the way she captures the spirit of French rural life, immerses herself into it, participates in and grows to enjoy activities that she would never have done in London but most of all....I adore the extraordinary special relationship she has with her lovely dog Biff. Lots of parallels there with our dog and our lifestyle at our maison secondaire in France. It's funny, romantic and moving and I like to think that it's all true - she certainly writes in a very convincing way.

Looking forward to book three!

Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France
Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France
by Karen Wheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not put this book down!, 23 Aug 2010
I loved this book and could not put it down. A heartwarming, genuine story with lots of parallels to the life that we have at our maison secondaire in France, (in fact, not far from where Karen lives!) I would thoroughly recommend it - it captures the essence of the French rural lifestyle perfectly. Am looking forward to reading the sequel - Toute Allure.

Page: 1 | 2