Profile for John H > Reviews

John H

Page: 1 | 2
Draper Expert 22322 12-Piece Impact Screwdriver Set
Draper Expert 22322 12-Piece Impact Screwdriver Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but I wish I'd gone for a better quality ..., 24 July 2015
Quite good but I wish I'd gone for a better quality one. I recommend for amateur use only, not for regular professional use.

Draper Expert 12197 7-Piece Metric Hexagon Bit Set and Holder
Draper Expert 12197 7-Piece Metric Hexagon Bit Set and Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 24 July 2015
Good quality and very strong, well recommended

De'Longhi KBOV3001.BG 3 Kilowatt Vintage Icona Dolcevita Jug Kettle - Cream
De'Longhi KBOV3001.BG 3 Kilowatt Vintage Icona Dolcevita Jug Kettle - Cream

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality standards, 24 July 2015
We bought this three years ago with a matching toaster and microwave in silver. The kettle developed a leak after a few weeks so it had to be sent to DeLonghi at our expense. DeLonghi said they'd not received it, the carrier produced a signed receipt and after many emails to-ing and fro-ing they admitted it was there and they'd change it but silver was no longer available, so we now have a non-matching set. The toaster is now playing up but, touch wood, the microwave is still working OK
It seems that quality has slipped somewhat.

Fletcher's Fortune
Fletcher's Fortune

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book I've read for a long time and I ..., 3 Jun. 2015
What a cracking story but beware, once started it's almost impossible to put the book down. The pace is very fast, yet the detailed maritime research is very impressive indeed, so much so that I'm sure Mr Drake must be a descendant of Sir Francis. The text is so well configured that it's almost possible to smell the salty tang straight from the text. This is the best book I've read for a long time and I read a lot.

Land Rover 90. 110 & Defender Restoration Manual (Haynes Restoration Manuals)
Land Rover 90. 110 & Defender Restoration Manual (Haynes Restoration Manuals)
by Lindsay Porter

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Feb. 2015
Not as good as I expected. Vital information for restoration is not in there, for example wiring diagrams, bolt torques etc. However, lots of photographs.

PhotoPlus X5 (PC)
PhotoPlus X5 (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: PhotoPlus X5 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Often tutorials and instruction books tell the user what it will do but not how to do it, this is another example. This software is for experts, not even computer savvy amateurs. It's difficult to find one's ways round it because it's not intuitive at all, but I'm sure once one's found out how it works it will probably be very good, it's comprehensive enough.
I normally pick up how to do things with new software quickly but after many hours of trying with this I'm not making any progress.
If you're a new starter to photo editing I wouldn't buy this one.

Franklin EST-5014 14 Language (Speaking) Global Translator (Ger/ Eng/ Fre/ Dut/ Ita/ Pol/ Por/ Rus/ Spa/ Tur/ Jap/ Kor/ Chi/ Ara)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cumbersome software, 23 May 2013
Translating words or phrases requires so many key strokes that it's much quicker to find the words in a conventional dictionary, also if not used regularly the sequences are easily forgotten. Disappointing and a waste of money.

Ring Automotive RAC600 12V Digital Air Compressor Including Storage Bag
Ring Automotive RAC600 12V Digital Air Compressor Including Storage Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful equipment, 9 May 2012
The compressor is a neat device to keep in the car boot. I tried it out and the pressure preset is useful, the power supply lead is plenty long enough to reach for a normal car, but maybe not if you have a stretch limo! The built in light can be useful at night, all in all a great little machine.
I've recently changed the run flat tyres on my car for normal tyres and the ride is far better, so I needed to cover the possibility of a puncture (no spare) so I bought the compressor and a can of Slime.
I can recommend the compressor.

Epson Stylus SX425W Colour Inkjet Printer/Scanner/Copier (All-In-One, Individual Ink Technology & Wi-Fi )

4.0 out of 5 stars Set up, 27 Sept. 2011
Set up is a real pain, I managed to get the printer function working on WiFi but no way would the scanner work. There was no help from the manual and the chat helpline guys asked lots of questions but could only offer a link to an Epson document that was no help at all. In desperation I contacted the voice help desk. A lady that I spoke there to was baffled but suggested I try changing the home mode (which was factory setting) to professional mode, that worked but only via the PC, the scanner control wouldn't work. Then I tried the old dodge of turning the PC off and re starting, then it worked.
What disappoints me is the time I wasted, the set up instructions are ambiguous and there's no mention of the mode setting or turning the PC off. I'm quite handy with electronic equipment but anyone not so would be tempted send the machine back assuming it was faulty.
I've only had the machine working today but up to now the scan quality seems OK but a bit slow and the print quality too. I've yet to find out how to do a scan preview and command a destination, it just seems to scan direct to "My pictures".

Karcher K 5.70M Refurbished Pressure Washer
Karcher K 5.70M Refurbished Pressure Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressure washer, 7 Dec. 2010
The T200 works very well, cleans the patio quickly and evenly. Only downside is the need to avoid allowing small pebbles to get under the hood, otherwise they break pieces off the plastic parts. Best to sweep the patio carefully before using the washer. Overall, the K570 and T200 are good value.

Page: 1 | 2