Profile for Jen > Reviews

Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the usual, 26 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Certainly better feel than the ultra safe variety as they are much thinner rubber. Still strong enough not to break though. Wish they smelled nicer though!

Logitech Big Bang Case for iPad Mini - Forged Grey
Logitech Big Bang Case for iPad Mini - Forged Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky!, 11 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really robust case, and I am quite happy that my iPad is safe in it... I'm not dropping it for review purposes!!

It's not that pretty though and I think the case is kind of manly as it is so chunky. It makes the whole set up much heavier than other cases, but for someone accident prone (kids...) this would be pretty good. I'm only giving this 4/5 due to it being a little ugly!

Functions like the wake/sleep and buttons work just fine.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Portable Baby Swing
Fisher-Price Rainforest Portable Baby Swing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great swing, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good versatility for being able to swing either front to back or side to side. Putting it together wasn't that hard really, although it was handy to have two people on task! Disappointed that there were no batteries with it - who has giant D batteries lying about at home!? At any rate, it works really nicely even without the batteries, and the baby was really happy.

It looked a little insubstantial to begin with, but once I'd wrestled the fabric seat over the frame, it was actually really secure and I'm quite happy that it is safe. The straps were also good, but I don't think the baby is going to be able to wriggle out enough that they would be necessary anyway! All in all, really good product, and I love that it folds away fairly well because it is quite big!

Panic
Panic
by Lauren Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Panic!, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Panic (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Panic was a really interesting and fresh idea. A game, played by school leavers, where (s)he who dares most wins a huge amount of prize money. It's run by anonymous judges, the entrants are self-selected, and they all have to do increasingly ridiculous and dangerous tasks until there is just one person left.

I will admit to wanting to read while hiding from what I was reading at times - some of the tasks are quite scary and I was convinced that someone would die or be seriously maimed! I won't give anything away, but I will say there is a healthy slice of excitement in Panic, and it was a real page-turner for me.

I liked how the story focused on two characters, Heather and Dodge, and how they changed as they played the game. I found their motivations for playing interesting, and I loved Heather's story arc the most. She really found herself during her time playing Panic.

This was a great read and a fabulous standalone from Lauren Oliver. Fans of Delirium will be pleased!

Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 16 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These take up a lot less space than a sterilizer, and you can easily take them about with you. It's pretty mess free and the items cool down quickly. Not that cost effective but sterilising has been so annoying that this is a nice break from it.

Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle
Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for newborns, 16 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The teat is really long and the baby choked on it a bit, and it was also quite hard for him to suckle properly. It might be more appropriate when he is older... the only good thing is that it is similar to the breast so he doesn't fuss about moving between feeding modes.

Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System Exfoliating Face Wash Cleanser & Device

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 16 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love how clean my skin feels after using this! Its really good at removing the daily dirt, loose/dead skin and it feels really nice. I like the sample that came with it, but wish there was more in there.

After using it for a week, my complexion really does seem to be clearer and brighter. #win

Beta Adult Dog With Chicken 3 Kg
Beta Adult Dog With Chicken 3 Kg
Offered by Petsapply

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes down well, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the marketing point of the dual sized kibble bits; this product did slow down my toy terrier as she really had to work to munch the big bits, which made me feel happier that she wasn't going too fast any more.

Downsides are few, but the first time I gave this to her she did get a really upset tummy... It cleared her right through, if you follow my drift! I can't say for sure that this product caused that though. I did introduce only a couple of bits with her normal food, and have remained cautious. I have decided to just add a couple of pieces of this food on top of her normal food for now. It makes her dinner time a little more varied, and she seems to like it. Her guts settled down and seem as reliable as before.

No problems, no perceived massive benefits though. It's a good dog food.

Foxy Fox Poo Odour Eliminator
Foxy Fox Poo Odour Eliminator

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This did remove the nasty odours well, but I am still looking for more of a shampoo product to work with it - currently my dog shampoo has a strong scent and so does this. Both are pleasant alone but not so much together. However, it's a LOT nicer than gross fox poo smell!!!

I like that you could spray this on soft furnishings if needed, but my girl goes right in the bath, does no pass go or collect £200 if she rolls in poo!!

The Duff
The Duff
by Kody Keplinger

4.0 out of 5 stars Read in no time!, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Duff (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Duff isn't a work of great literary achievement... but it was very entertaining. I read it in next to no time at all and found myself smirking away on several occasions.

I will add a note of caution though to my review - there is frequent and strong swearing and a lot of casual sex involved, so this wouldn't make an ideal read for someone younger. I think this is more 'New Adult' than 'Young Adult'. The premise is based on a girl, Bianca, being told by the school's hot boy, Wesley, that she is the Duff to her best friends - a Designated Ugly Fat Friend. Someone who makes them look hotter by association, and Wesley thinks that by spending time chatting to Bianca, her hot friends are more likely to give him a chance. My love for Bianca was sealed when she threw her drink all over him.

Naturally, she hates him with the fire of a thousand Suns thereafter... but somehow she ends up talking to him more and more. Initially it starts out as the simple swapping of insults, but as Bianca's home life starts to fall apart, she starts to thrive off their interaction, and decides to use Wesley to escape from it all... because when she kisses him, the world goes away. I wasn't such a fan of her using him, but at no time did Wesley object to being used, and he was totally aware of it. Still, not the best message to send out to potentially distressed teens... casual sex isn't the best way to deal with problems! At least contraception was mentioned!

So why four stars? I loved how Wesley and Bianca came to see right through each other and realise that they really cared for each other. That they would fall in love was obvious, but I loved how it happened and Wesley really grew up. Bianca settled down and faced some problems too.

All in all, a great fun read but not for young ones!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16