Profile for Jen > Reviews

Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Fuchsia
Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Fuchsia

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
No problems with the tape - its great and it really is as invisible as it claims to be. The colour of the dispenser is also fabulous. I do think it needs to be a bit heavier though - I was trying to use it one handed while holding some wrapping paper in place and it kept tipping forwards a bit as I tried to cut off some tape. Nothing a little adjustment in method couldn't fix but it is a slight negative.

The only other negative is just a general gripe about how little tape you get with Scotch tape - it runs out too fast!!

I actually like this product enough though that no one can borrow it... You know its good when illogical stationary defence kicks in.

Command 17201BLK Medium Picture Hanging Strips - Black (Pack of 4)
Command 17201BLK Medium Picture Hanging Strips - Black (Pack of 4)
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round, especially for black frames, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I just love these command strips! As long as you put them on properly, they do a fabulous job! These black ones are great too as a new addition to the range, for use with black frames, where the usual white ones would show up quite obviously.

You have to make sure that when you put the strips on the wall and frame, you give them a good hard press for a minute and then at least an hour to "set" before trying to connect the two halves and hang your picture.

If done correctly even real wood frames are easy to hang and I think they are better served by command strips than a regular hook etc as its basically impossible for them to get off-centred. This was especially handy for my key rack, which would constantly wobble because of uneven loads.

The one thing I did find problematic was an oiled wood frame - the strips didn't stick sell to it at all. I fixed it by gluing card to the back and then the command strips stuck to that really well. A better solution for me than risking splitting the frame by screwing hooks into it etc.

Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips (9 Packs of 3 Pairs)
Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips (9 Packs of 3 Pairs)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!!, 30 Jun. 2016

Comment Comment | Permalink

Salter 1066 BKDR15 Black Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale
Salter 1066 BKDR15 Black Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but brilliant, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very basic but does exactly what you need it to do. Pretty much just turns on, zeroes and changes g/oz. Very good platform to put pans on to and easy to store as its lightweight.

I prefer this to my older glass topped scales because it is lighter and the design is appealing.

I don't feel like I need more functions than it has really; it does the job I need it to and it does it well. Perhaps I would add an off switch but it does turn itself off eventually - I could save battery life if it had a switch though.

Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack
Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't cut them up for use on big posters, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Its very tempting to cut these up into smaller pieces. Don't. I am very sceptical about how well these work and I think they are the size they are because that's what they need to be. I quartered mine and the poster I put up keeps coming unstuck... Its not the adherence to the wall thats the problem, but the type of card the poster is made from, I think.

At any rate, I have tried putting whole pieces on and so far so good. Its just really disappointing that there are only 18 bits per pack, and realistically you need 4 per poster... They don't go that far in decorating a classroom!!!

However, if they allow me to use wall space without leaving long term marks (a la blu tack) then they would be better... Hard to judge now. Will update later!!

PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control
PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for us, 12 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice enough looking but didn't do a thing to stop our terrier from barking her head off!!!

Easy enough to assemble but rather irritatingly required a 9V battery and didn't come with one. Not the sort of battery I have spares of so it was a few days before we could get it up and going. This wasn't a really big deal but it was annoying.

It was quite straightforward to set the clock and when we wanted it to function - and the flashing light on the front lets you know when its on. Then you have to hang it somewhere that will face the barking dog and at a pretty low height too. That makes sense for aiming it to the dog but looks like we don't know how to place a birdhouse so it doesn't blend in at all. This might have been better designed as a less obvious item as it is a bit too noticeable, given the height it needs to be placed at.

The theory is great and I like the idea that this could be bought by frustrated neighbours of nuisance barking dogs. It's a bit of a gamble though as to whether it would work... Perhaps for some dogs it would, but you wouldn't know it was even on/there the way ours ignores it. I was even wondering (during one barking fit) if she had started barking at the device itself!

Perhaps time will tell... I'm not giving this one star as its a good idea and effort went into making it appealing, but it is effectively an expensive ornament in our garden now.

PetSafe VBC-10 Vibration Bark Control
PetSafe VBC-10 Vibration Bark Control

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for us!, 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used a cheap vibration collar before and found it very successful, so when the upmarket version was offered to me, I jumped at the chance! I was seduced by the multiple vibration combinations and the PetSafe brand.

I was a bit horrified when I saw the collar. It has two huge prongs that will stick into the dogs neck! It looks really uncomfortable. Our old cheap vibration collar was flat on the inside! Then we tried to out it on and had to shorten it to its very shortest setting for our terrier, which was a bit ridiculous, but fair enough I suppose as the product needs to work for large breeds too. (Sidebar, I've always found its the little dogs that bark more and big dogs never tend to notice collars like this!)

Turning it on should be simple - just grab a penny and turn the dial... Well I think I overdid it and the dial popped out, then I pushed it back in and turned it back a way until a green light started to flash. I think that is on! It would have been handier to have a little switch on the side... Like my old collar did!! Still, this does seem waterproof.

I have several thoughts on this one: I wouldn't make my dog wear something that uncomfortable looking because I would never wear it so why should she; it could be a bit easier to turn on and off; and I would never spend so much when far cheaper items which work just as well are available for about a tenth of the cost!

Not a fan but this may work better for spaniel sized dogs than terriers who perhaps wouldn't notice the prongs sticking in so much.

SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick 32 GB
SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick 32 GB
Offered by Simply Discounts Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimum fuss solution for low storage phones & tablets, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll be honest; I wasn't too sure exactly how this was going to work. The in-a-nutshell version is its a memory stick you can access from your phone, while it sits merrily in your pocket, as long as you turn it on. You can load up videos, photos and music to access on the move, and if you want, you can send the same to the stick from your device. It'll work with your PC too, which makes it a nice wireless go between. It emits its own WiFi signal, so you don't even have to have a network connection for it to work either, which I hadn't appreciated.

You will need to download the free app to manage the stick from your mobile device, which didn't take long and worked pretty well. One slight negative was that it seems that I can't just leave it transferring photos by itself as it stopped when my phone auto-locked. You can get around that by turning off auto-lock etc. It was also a little troublesome to connect to our WiFi at home, clunky is the word, but we got it working.

I think this is a great option for those who have lower capacity phones and struggle to fit photos and videos on without space notifications popping up all the time. The really nice thing is that as long as you charge it up, you could be on a weekend away (or on holiday) and happily transfer photos from your phone onto the device without really much fuss at all. This is a really neat solution for that problem and the price point is a LOT cheaper than a new phone. It really helped me!

Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mist SPF30, 200 ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mist SPF30, 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to apply and didn't leave a greasy residue at all. Initially I was a bit annoyed about the "don't spray on your face" aspect, and thought I'd need a separate solution... I tried spraying it in my hand first thought and that worked really well. No problem! The other nice thing was that I didn't feel gross and sticky with it on, as is often the case with sun creams. I've worn this all day and not felt compelled to dash to the shower the second I can! It was also effective at keeping me sizzle-free. :)

Philips Sonicare HX8918/10 HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush and TongueCare
Philips Sonicare HX8918/10 HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush and TongueCare

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to set up and pretty straightforward to use, even the first time. This has two modes for how the brush head will move - clean and polish/white. The difference is subtle and I'm not sure if I really notice the difference that much, but its nice to have the option to switch even if I've found actually switching over quite mysterious- you have to press the power switch in a specific way that I can't seem to get quite right every time! I suspect that the white mode would be very useful in conjunction with a whitening toothpaste; mine isn't but it still seems to do a good job, or I am imagining it!

The intensity scale is a nice touch as the first few times you use this, it will likely feel quite odd as its a very different sensation to even a normal electric toothbrush... You will probably move up the intensity scale as you get used to it. One thing I found less nice about the brush is that you can "buzz" your teeth if you touch the stem of the brush to your tooth and it's certainly surprising! Until you get used to how it feels, using the low setting is good.

The brush has a nice narrow profile and is a lot narrower than most brushes, which I have found a lot easier to get into the nooks and crannies at the back of my mouth, so I'm convinced that this is doing a really good job of cleaning my teeth. I also like the slightly OTT timer function, which not only times 2 minutes but does a special buzz every 30 seconds too to encourage you to spend enough time on each part of your mouth. This also makes my teeth feel a lot nicer than my last electric tooth brush.

The tongue cleaner is weird! It feels a bit like you are sandpapering your tongue in the name of fresh breath. It does work, if not for 8 hours, for a good long time. The spray is quite like mouthwash in taste and once it runs out I think you can easily substitute it. Its not something I would use everyday time I brush my teeth but I think its nice to have the option to really feel like you have gone the extra mile sometimes.

All in all, I love this and haven't looked back at my old brush since it arrived.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20