Profile for D Henderson > Reviews

Content by D Henderson

D Henderson "DavidH" (Scotland)

FOOD GRADE 12MM (1/2") BLUE WATER HOSE - PRICE PER METRE
FOOD GRADE 12MM (1/2") BLUE WATER HOSE - PRICE PER METRE
Offered by Blackmore Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hose, 23 Mar. 2013
Bought this for filling our campervan. Good quality food grade hose - not too heavy - good compromise on quality and weight. Works well with hoselock fittings. Other than that ... its a hose! Would certainly buy again - good price and excellent service (next day).

Vtriker Kids Elite Scooter
Vtriker Kids Elite Scooter
Offered by InternetukShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent post sales service, 31 Oct. 2012
Big thank you for the post sales service I have just recieved. A bit of wear and tear after 12 months of great use of 2 Vtrikers - our boys love them - necessitated the replacement of a few parts. These were easily accessed from the sales agent and dispatched next day. Superb service without charge. Thank you!!

Netgear RangeMax WPN111 Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
Netgear RangeMax WPN111 Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
Offered by Angela's Books

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good once you deal with the initial setup pains, 3 May 2009
Netgear WPN111 Wireless Adapter - I don't normally do reviews, but felt compelled to so after reading some of the earlier reviews for this product. Like a couple of them have already flagged, any problems with this device are most likely due to the poor software and configuration utility that comes from Netgear. Initially the drivers appeared to install ok, but then Windows Vista starts to recognise the device and wants to find the drivers for itself and I reckon the conflict arises when Netgear and Vista both start trying to be smart. My experience suggests that Vista is smarter!!

So - the way I got it all set up:

I installed the drivers on the CD. Once done I restarted my PC. Once it restarted I plugged in the USB Adapter and Vista prompted me to locate the drivers. I said I'd 'locate the drivers myself' and told Vista that they were on "C:/" - it then scanned and found them ok. Unlike the Installation Guide which says you can use either Netgear Wizard or Windows Vista to configure settings I was only presented with the Netgear Smart Wizard. Everything seems ok (ie the network is visible), but after it is all setup (just like other folk have reported) the network connection is not made and it simply does not work.

But there was good news for me. I just exited the Netgear Smart Wizard from the system tray (right click on the icon in the system tray) and then deleted it from the startup menu to ensure it never comes back.

Then locate the wireless network using Vista and hey presto it's working within seconds. Great signal and seemingly very reliable thus far.

They'll be other ways to do this ... but for me ... take the drivers off the CD and install, but thereafter let Windows manage the network connection for you. It's a good piece of hardware - just a shame the software is so poor to setup.