Profile for Jo Inglewood > Reviews

Content by Jo Inglewood

Jo Inglewood

Page: 1 | 2
Swimming Upstream (The Swimming Upstream Series Book 1)
Swimming Upstream (The Swimming Upstream Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 Jan. 2016
Terrible writing, I returned this book.

Parker S0881580 Quink Fountain Pen Refills, Long Cartridges - Pack of 5, Blue Ink

3.0 out of 5 stars I just know that I am a rather clumsy person better equipped with washable ink, 5 Jan. 2016
I don't think the ink is washable and so I would probably not buy the cartridges again. This is of course no fault of the product; I just know that I am a rather clumsy person better equipped with non-permanent ink!
The blue colour is a very pleasant shade to write with.

Angelina(TM) iPhone 4 4S Hard Case Slim White Flower Painted Pattern Back Cover Skin Compatible with iPhone 4 iPhone4S
Offered by Angelina

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy again, 5 Jan. 2016
This item took well over a month to arrive, it's as pictured but I have to say that it is extremely shiny plastic at the sides and the iPhone is very much in danger of slipping out my hand. I have to be really careful and am considering buying another case, or researching what I can add to the sides to make it easier to grip.

Special Assorted Felt Pack - 10 Sheets in Assorted Colours
Special Assorted Felt Pack - 10 Sheets in Assorted Colours
Offered by Bombay Collections

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely unsatisfied., 14 Dec. 2014
Extremely poor quality! I cannot understand why this product has so many good reviews as the sheets I have received are so thin you can see daylight through them. Also some of the colour is patchy with areas darker than others. I could never give as this a part of Christmas gift, which is the reason for my purchase.

Vilene 329 Bondaweb - per metre
Vilene 329 Bondaweb - per metre
Offered by Barnyarns

2.0 out of 5 stars Packaging needs rethinking., 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Vilene 329 Bondaweb - per metre
Arrived folded into small squares, this is not helpful. It needs to be sent rolled in a tube or in a larger envelope.

It did the job and I was pleased with it apart from the above, which is an important point to rectify,

The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir
The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir

3.0 out of 5 stars Littered with typos and formatting issues. Terrible!, 8 Sept. 2014
Interesting to read a bit more than I had before about Wallis background and family. The first part of the book seemed well written and was interesting, however the last third - or thereabouts - was gushing and seemed to be far less well written. There were rather too many repeats about how well laid the table was and other details which were not interesting.

The main bone of contention about this kindle book is the many, many errors. What was the editor doing instead of checking this book?! I can't count how many error reports I sent, it rather spoilt the book.

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read but feel short changed as no photos in Kindle book, 2 Sept. 2014
Skirts over lots of details and Evans never really acknowledges his poor treatment of others explicitly. I watched the programmes and listened to the radio 1 breakfast show so found it fascinating all the same, despite the air brushing. He treated his radio colleagues appallingly at times and I was very interested to see how he'd behave some years later on Radio 2's drive time slot.

The best stories are the John Cleese and Richard Branson parts. I really enjoyed both.

** so annoying not to have the photographs on the Kindle version, black and white would be preferable to zero! I have just the late Diana Mitford's book about Wallis Simpson and the b&w photos are superb, even on my kidle screen. We need It's not What you Think to be updated so we can see the photos!

In the Land of the Long White Cloud (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor research or translocation?, 12 July 2014
Either the translating leaves something to be desired, or the original terms are incorrect but some forms of English language and names of clothing etc sometimes seem to fall short of accurate. The author does not seem to realise that Wales is a separate country, Gwyn is referred to as both an English and a Welsh lady.

Was the author tasked to include as many examples of sexual behaviour in this book? Allusions to bestality, details of incest, rape, prostitution, adultery to name a few are all included. It seemed gratuitous at one point in the saga.

I'm torn between giving this a 2 or a 3 star rating, it's not the greatest writing by any means. It's very much "This happened. And then that." The characters are shallowly depicted. It doesn't compare at all favourably to Kate Grenville's Secret River depicting life in Colonial Australia, but there was something compelling about the story. I particularly wanted to see what would happen to poor Helen.

The unrealistic events made me roll my eyes at times; the bad guys die, often at the hand,of each other, the good get a happy ending with the partner of their dreams. I guess that's romantic fiction!

The best thing about this book?

It was free, or a very cheap deal from Kindle! Go for it, but don't pay much!

Sew!
Sew!
by Cath Kidston

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely projects, practical and pretty. Some help might be needed to follow some instructions for inexperienced sewers, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Sew! (Paperback)
I've made a few do the projects in Sew! The instructions can be a little succinct for a new sewer but with help from a more knowledgable other (thanks Mum!) I've sewn the bag on the front cover, bird lavender bags and a large tote, so far. As a fan of the Cath Kidson shops this book is perfect and a nice introduction to sewing.

Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
by Kate Haxell

4.0 out of 5 stars Would definitely recommend, 2 April 2014
A really helpful guide. I am a new sewist and am really using this book to answer questions as they come up. The clear headings and sections for each area make this an extremely user friendly instruction manual.

Page: 1 | 2