Profile for Brendan > Reviews

Content by Brendan

Brendan

Page: 1 | 2
Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions (Enriched Classics)
Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions (Enriched Classics)
by John (Fire) Lame Deer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 April 2013
This is, I think, an important book. I never read about Native American culture before and it is fascinating. Should be more widely known.

Never Eat Shredded Wheat: The Geography We've Lost and How to Find it Again
Never Eat Shredded Wheat: The Geography We've Lost and How to Find it Again
by Christopher Somerville

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 April 2013
Simple book and a very good introduction to the geography of the UK. Humorous and simple - I have enjoyed it a lot.

Time for Outrage!
Time for Outrage!
by Stéphane Hessel
Edition: Pamphlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Time for Outrage! (Pamphlet)
This is a wonderful book. This is the mind of a 90+ year old man who has serious experience like being a French Resistance fighter. The younger generation need to hear what Mr Hessel is saying - a portion of it has already, which is very heartening.

Rights of Man, Common Sense, and Other Political Writings (Oxford World's Classics)
by Thomas Paine

3.0 out of 5 stars Important work, 6 April 2013
The content of the book is perfect. The size of the print is tiny and hard to read - I did not expect this. If the print was larger & readable this would be perfect. I'm not happy about this and it should be 'flagged up' in the description. SOmething like - 'you need a magnifying glass to read this'. Sorry I am disappointed in this.

The Path to Hope
The Path to Hope
by Stephane Hessel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillaint, 6 April 2013
This review is from: The Path to Hope (Hardcover)
This is a very important work, especially coming from an ex-French Resistance fighter. We need to listen to what he says. I don't agree with some parts but I do with most of it. Mr Hellel and Mr Morin are great men.

Noxzema Protective Shaving Foam Menthol 300ml
Noxzema Protective Shaving Foam Menthol 300ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 18 Jan 2013
I have been using this for years - easily the best I have found. Thank heavens that Ever Ready Razor Blade Co sell it. Hope this continues.

Reeves Watercolour Complete Painting Set
Reeves Watercolour Complete Painting Set
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan 2013
This is excellent, good colours, good choice, easy to use and good quality. Came in good time and all in all happy

The British Isles (Area Studies)
The British Isles (Area Studies)
by David Waugh
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 28 Dec 2012
This is an old school book that I got to refresh on geography. I have not read it from cover to cover because it is a bit of a slog. Having said that it is full of very useful information and I am glad I got it.

D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths (A yearling special)
D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths (A yearling special)
by Ingri D'Aulaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb superb superb book, 28 Dec 2012
This is one of the BEST books I have ever come across. It is just absolutely brilliant - some people criticise these Greek myths because of the large number of difficult names but if you take it easy and take time pracising the names together [which is a laugh] it gets easier and more enjoyable. The stories are perfect in length and each has a moral and there is lots and lots to learn here. Highly recommend this magnificent work and thanks a lot to the other people who recommended it.

Wilful Blindness: Why We Ignore the Obvious
Wilful Blindness: Why We Ignore the Obvious
by Margaret Heffernan

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 28 Dec 2012
Would recommend this book. My only criticism is that the stories within could have been more succinct. I found this side of it boring. I would also have liked a little more expansion on Wilful Blindness!!

Page: 1 | 2